Thread: possible imbalances.

Default possible imbalances.

No, I'm not talking about chemical imbalances here, I'm talking about sugar / glucose imbalances.

If I have something high in sugar, and skip a meal, after a couple hours, I get shaky, dizzy, sweaty, hands tremble, confusion, I have to lay down otherwise I feel I'm going to faint, usually goes away after eating a lot of food.

Like today, I had a couple sodas, skipped breakfast and lunch, started feeling dizzy as hell felt like I was going to pass out, so I ordered myself two pizzas, and ate both of them.

I'm not over weight, I sometimes have to drink a lot of water, and sometimes wake up needing to pee a lot.

The shaking ins't something that is not noticeable, you can physically see my arms and legs shake kind of like being very cold.

Diabetes runs in my family, but I doubt it could be that, but I'm going to go to the doctor eventually, as I don't feel this is safe for me.

But if I don't drink much soda, and eat barely anything, I'm often than not fine, I get occasional muscle twitch, fatigue, but nothing more.

It would always go away half an hour after eating something, what's your say on this?

If diabetes runs in the family, then best to ask the doc.
    To possibly allay any fears you may have, other reasons may be in play:
    Your age, as this affects your physiology, and your physical state, again affecting physiology. Saying that you're not overweight isn't enough as you may be underweight.
    Throughout young adulthood, your body and it's component parts will undergo massive changes and each may respond differently and intermittently, affecting how they work and such effect thereof

As such, you may, at times, be diagnosable with a condition which may not exist at other times.
    That's just a part of puberty, and that's one of the big gaps in medical knowledge.

Of course, the above can also happen to anyone of any age, just to flummox the experts.

Another reason can be your physical exertion, tying in with your wellbeing and feddedness at the time.
    During hard work, your body will first take the readily available, and most easily converted energy supplies. Once they run out, it then takes from your fat reserves, which is a more complex process of conversion. The changeover tends to give a period of lightheadedness, trembling and, sometimes, nausea.
    I used to go through it often in my work.

You can't beat a well balanced diet and a regular meal routine .... just saying. Skipping meals then binge eating is a terrible way to treat your body. If you want balance, start balancing. Oh btw, with a family history, a quick diabetes test wouldn't go astray.

Food is awesome when respected and our bodies are awesome at processing it, but we really do need to give it a fair go.

Just to also agree with Ozbub, here (on my phone, ATM).
    My guess would be that you're somewhat undernourished.

It does sound like a glucose tolerance issue which may or may not be a precursor to diabetes. That's something, of course, for medical personnel to diagnose. What they'll also tell you is that regular, long, hard physical exercise will improve glucose tolerance by increasing your body's ability to store more glycogen in your muscles and liver before triggering an insulin response. Endurance athletes depend on that to get through long sessions.

My dad and my son have issues with headaches, mood swings, and ferocious hunger between meals as their blood sugar cycles up and down. My dad is borderling type 2. The difference? I do a minimum of 2 hours a day aerobic exercise, and have for a long, long time.
    Last edited by Maxx; 17-Aug-2016 at 23:04.

Quote Originally Posted by DrunkBear View Post
    No, I'm not talking about chemical imbalances here, I'm talking about sugar / glucose imbalances.

If I have something high in sugar, and skip a meal, after a couple hours, I get shaky, dizzy, sweaty, hands tremble, confusion, I have to lay down otherwise I feel I'm going to faint, usually goes away after eating a lot of food.

Like today, I had a couple sodas, skipped breakfast and lunch, started feeling dizzy as hell felt like I was going to pass out, so I ordered myself two pizzas, and ate both of them.

I'm not over weight, I sometimes have to drink a lot of water, and sometimes wake up needing to pee a lot.

The shaking ins't something that is not noticeable, you can physically see my arms and legs shake kind of like being very cold.

Diabetes runs in my family, but I doubt it could be that, but I'm going to go to the doctor eventually, as I don't feel this is safe for me.

But if I don't drink much soda, and eat barely anything, I'm often than not fine, I get occasional muscle twitch, fatigue, but nothing more.

It would always go away half an hour after eating something, what's your say on this?
    Hello

A lot of what has been said is true.

However, sugar can cause this with or without diabetic characteristics.

I would recommend that you should watch "FED Up" by Katie Couric. They show that a lot of sugar causes spikes and drops, and it can effect your appetite and physiology.

I am working on a life style change now and it is amazing how much added sugar is in everything.

There is even suggestion and evidence that the big ten companies that make almost all of the food in the USA use sugar as an addictive substance (Sugar is 8x more addictive then Cocaine).
    But this is a discussion for another thread.

Egor

It sounds more like you're hypoglycemic, but that can be a precursor to diabetes. I've taken most of my past sugar consumption out of my diet. I feel a lot better for reducing my sugar consumption.