Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Can't put my diaper on, getting stressed out..

Default Can't put my diaper on, getting stressed out..

So I picked my diapers up today, and the package was extremely larger than I expected, which only means storing and hiding is going to be harder.

I took a diaper out of the pack, and I must've tried different ways for 10 minutes trying to put it on, and I couldn't. It just didn't feel right, and I got really stressed. I did follow the thread that was posted on here too, didn't help that much.

Pull ups are so much easier.. just like underwear, you pull them up and that's it. I was contemplating on just throwing them out, it'd make the storing and hiding factor way easier, as I wouldn't have to..

I just don't know what to do. x

I dont think you should throw them out, you will most likely regret it, what brand are the nappies you ordered?

Quote Originally Posted by MommyandMattling View Post
    I dont think you should throw them out, you will most likely regret it, what brand are the nappies you ordered?
    Tena slip super's

with nappies with double tabs, the way i do it, regardless of whether its right or not, is to lay the nappy on the floor, and then position it so that the back of the nappy is about an inch over the upper end of your buttocks or the start of your back. the next step is to start with the lower tab on the left or right and tape it so that it rests on your thigh. the lower tabs should be considered leg leak guards. after you fasten the left side, roll to the left side and pull the right side so that its semi tight over your upper right leg and do the same. the upper tabs are meant to tighten over your tummy.

I usually shoot to have the front top of the nappy be about an inch or 2 below my belly button. I hope this helps and I'm sorry if my instructions are not very clear =(

Quote Originally Posted by MommyandMattling View Post
    with nappies with double tabs, the way i do it, regardless of whether its right or not, is to lay the nappy on the floor, and then position it so that the back of the nappy is about an inch over the upper end of your buttocks or the start of your back. the next step is to start with the lower tab on the left or right and tape it so that it rests on your thigh. the lower tabs should be considered leg leak guards. after you fasten the left side, roll to the left side and pull the right side so that its semi tight over your upper right leg and do the same. the upper tabs are meant to tighten over your tummy.

I usually shoot to have the front top of the nappy be about an inch or 2 below my belly button. I hope this helps and I'm sorry if my instructions are not very clear =(
    I'm sure it's helpful, I just prefer pull ups, a lot easier. I was considering going to the local store and buying a pair of regular tena pants, although the absorbency isn't that good, I like wearing them.

You should give it a few tries! It took me at least a few weeks until i really got the hang of things! It really takes me about 10 seconds now.
    You will regret not following through at some point I think.
    Two pieces of advice: do it while laying down and alternate the sides of the tabs you are taping shut.
    You got this, we believe in you !

For clarity's sake, is this the thread that didn't help or was it something else? https://www.adisc.org/forum/showthre...ut-On-a-Diaper

If you could be more explicit about the problems you're having, we might be able to help.

Quote Originally Posted by Trevor View Post
    For clarity's sake, is this the thread that didn't help or was it something else? https://www.adisc.org/forum/showthre...ut-On-a-Diaper

If you could be more explicit about the problems you're having, we might be able to help.
    it just didn't seem to fit together, I don't really know. Pull-ups are a lot easier, and yes it was that thread.

Southstuart

Just stick with pull ups then..

Quote Originally Posted by Southstuart View Post
    Just stick with pull ups then..
    I don't know what the best brand of pull-up is, and that's basically just a waste of money. I've also heard diapers are better than pull-ups.