Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Are the Japanese brainwashing us?

Default Are the Japanese brainwashing us?

Seriously, what is with everyone and this anime obsession?

I can't understand it for the life of me.

Well, not everybody likes anime; most teenagers though grew up liking things like Pokemon, Digimon, Sailor Moon, Gundam, etc. Older generations either grew up with American-made shows, or no TV at all. As such, teenagers and kids today have a much larger choice of shows to watch, and may find the anime-style shows more attractive to watch. It's been proven that people find things that have large heads and big eyes cuter than small heads and proportionate eyes, something the Japanese have apparently realized as well.

Modern Japanese culture is just very aesthetically appealing to a lot of people. Then there's their different way of storytelling that seems to fascinate us. It's something very different from what we're used to, and as such hold a lot of appeal.

On a less serious note, this thread remind me of a certain South Park episode; Chinpokomon.

Mainly cause We just like them...and most US made cartoons since 2000 have been utter crap ?

EmeraldsAndLime

This thread makes me realise I have no idea why I liked Pokemon as a kid. Aside from having a pet with superpowers, it doesn't really seem all that appealing. I suppose the adventure of it all is what gets people.

Mesmerale

Quote Originally Posted by Lukie View Post
    This thread makes me realise I have no idea why I liked Pokemon as a kid. Aside from having a pet with superpowers, it doesn't really seem all that appealing. I suppose the adventure of it all is what gets people.
    .... Wow... Good point..

I don't know why I love Pokemon, but I do!

Mako

People like anime because the way stories are told, you want see it as much uniqueness in a lot of the shonen dubbed anime here since most of it is dumbed down to be "saturday morning friendly". It still deals with a lot of coming of age stories that really appeal to kids and teens.

Me, I've been into girl anime lately, more character driven. Watching Princess Princess at the moment ^.~

Quote Originally Posted by Lukie View Post
    It's the classic story of the loser boy underdog, with a really unique twist.

try nanaka 6/17 ..trust me..if your on this site...it just makes sense

Mako

But mines about boys dressing up as girls to be the school's "princess's" ;P

Aishiteruze Baby is another adorable anime about a highschool boy taking care of his 5 year old cousin. ^-^

Second reason for japanese culture brainwashing, japanese school girl outfits are hot.

i know nothing about that....
    Anime is just a nice escape ...like games or comics