Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I'm going on a diaper run tonight...

Default I'm going on a diaper run tonight...

My parents have just left town for the weekend.
    I'm going to use this opportunity to (finally) go on a diaper run. After work, I'll go to WallyWorld and see what they have. I'll post again late tonight,,,

Good luck! don't let the creepy old lady behind the counter scare you, shes probably wearing the same thing you are buying!

Wal-mart's selection is somewhat limited. Better than nothing though, I suppose. Don't go too early if you're easily embarrassed or want to avoid running into people you know, and in contrast to what DiaperLiz says, don't go too late, as it always seems that after midnight or so, the only cashiers(where I live, at least) are young women, and would make for a very embarrassing visit.

Quote Originally Posted by FittedForME View Post
    Wal-mart's selection is nonexistant.
    Fixed. Wal Mart sells nothing but cloth covered, pull-on junk.

Depenz, grab a phone book and call a medical supply store. Ask them what they have in stock (usually Tena and Attends), and stop in tomorrow to pick some up. In addition, Walgreens will order you Attends for in-store pickup if you ask, and the turnaround is normally 24 hours.

Don't buy crappy diapers from Wal-fart.

Quote Originally Posted by NEJay View Post
    Fixed. Wal Mart sells nothing but cloth covered, pull-on junk.

Depenz, grab a phone book and call a medical supply store. Ask them what they have in stock (usually Tena and Attends), and stop in tomorrow to pick some up. In addition, Walgreens will order you Attends for in-store pickup if you ask, and the turnaround is normally 24 hours.

Don't buy crappy diapers from Wal-fart.
    That is very odd...All the Walmarts I have gone to have had a large selection of adult diapers, both the pull on and brief variety, and quite a few of them plastic backed. Also, one of my friend gets plastic backed briefs from Walgreens as well. Oh well

Anyways, good luck Depenz! Hope you get what you are looking for

Quote Originally Posted by IncontinentWolfhound View Post
    That is very odd...All the Walmarts I have gone to have had a large selection of adult diapers, both the pull on and brief variety, and quite a few of them plastic backed. Also, one of my friend gets plastic backed briefs from Walgreens as well. Oh well
    Wal Mart hasn't sold Attends since the last millennium (unfortunately), and their plastic backed offering is limited to Depends Maximum Protection (which are available in very few stores as it is). The rest of what they sell are Tena/Serenity pull-ons, Depends pull-ons and guards, and Assurance pull-ons.

In the past 4-5 years, only once have I seen Depends briefs in a Wal Mart. Perhaps the market you're in is different than in NH, MA, NJ, and FL.

Good luck and I hope you find the diapers you might be looking for. The Assurance brand is okay and they also sell Depends too.

I too could have gone on a diaper run tonight, my parents left me at home while they went to dinner.

I just got off work. Unfortunately, I have very little experience with diapers so I don't know what I'm looking for. Fail-Mart is the closest store I can get to on a bike and buy diapers. I'm gonna go after this post and I may end up with a kinda crappy brand, but it's better than nothing. see ya'll soon...

Assurance briefs are now cloth-like tape on diapers. (Here in CT.) They hold more than the old plastic ones but have no waist elastic or leak guards. They are a good cheap locally available diaper but not in the leauge of the major brands.
    Buy some and enjoy em!