how do you take off the landing zone thick plastic off the space diaper?

Status
Not open for further replies.

landingxray

Est. Contributor
how do you take off the landing zone thick plastic off the space diaper? alcohol? hair dryer? thanks

Why remove it?

Sent from my LGL31L using Tapatalk

I don't think there is a way that won't ruin it. I've had some where the plastic landing zone actually tears off before the tapes do when I'm removing them. When it does that it tears up a lot under neither it.

This kills the diaper.

I just went and checked a Little Pawz (same diaper as space, just different art) and I don't think it's possible. The plastic is attached to the diaper cover plastic, anything you did to remove the one would rip the other and make the diaper useless.

Don't think diapers without landing zones are practice, you can't tape up or retake up, I found when I started modifying pampers and I took the cloth bit off along with the taping panel and I couldn't tape up properly! It wouldn't stick until I found a better way of modifying them.

While there are nappies I've encountered where the landing zone could concievably be removed with a bit of care, the Space and its deratives are not on that list. They're quite robustly constructed, and the landing zone is very securely glued. I won't say that it's impossible, just that it would take a lot of painstaking work. So why would you want to?

As for how... alcohol and heat are probably your best bet, plus perhaps a very thin blade.

I've tried a few times. It's possible to remove with a heat gun, but you usually end up tearing away the softened shell, and even if you're careful you will be left with an EXTEEEEMELY sticky shell. One way or another you're going to have to put something back on there. And it looks bad.

Yeah, it's not really possible. It's not intended to be that kind of diaper.

why would u want to remove the landing zone? it makes it easy to get the fit just right.

Infinitas said:
why would u want to remove the landing zone? it makes it easy to get the fit just right.

They did a really dodgy job of printing on the tape panel, using a transparent background, over a PRINTED diaper. So you got this horrible overprint mess all over the place. It really would look better without the tape panel, OR with the tape panel and a solid color under it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back