Pokemon Go Thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.

OhHeyThere

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
I thought it was time to make an official PoGo Thread within the community :) my personal best is a 1982 CP Lapras, with Frost Breath and Ice Beam, ~92% IV's. Next is an Exeggutor at 1824 CP, the worst move set possible, and ~85% IV's...and it just gets worse from there :p
I'm level 22 (23k exp from 23). I'm shocked how quickly some people are getting so high in levels. There's a guy in my area that's lvl 31, with like 3 Gyarados's and 2 Dragonites in the immediate area, and it humbles me... Until I realize I work a nearly full time job where I don't have much time to dedicate to the game :p I'm at 90 on my pokedex.
Oh, and btw, Team Mystic FTW!
So what are your guy's levels and best pokemon? What's your team affiliation?

My highest is a 1565 CP Nidoking, but I've got about a dozen around the 1300-1400 mark of a wide range of types. My favourite is a 1342 CP Jolteon, as I'm rather fond of its Thunder attack. I prefer variety rather than sheer power, as the limitations of the combat AI and the effects of type bonuses tend to limit the value of high CP. I took down a 2200 CP Arcanine with a 1400 CP Golduck the other day, which rather drove the point home to me.

Currently level 24, but I walk a great deal, and there are a lot of spawns on my route. There are a couple of people in my area at level 35, which either implies no life whatsoever and a great deal of money spent, or cheating somehow, especially given that the game launched a week later in the UK. Pokedex 93, Team Instinct.

Level 19, Flareon at 1060 CP with Ember and Heatwave, and Team Mystic. I'm still trying to build up my Pokémon, and thus am kind of hoarding my stardust at the moment.

ClandestineWing said:
Level 19, Flareon at 1060 CP with Ember and Heatwave, and Team Mystic. I'm still trying to build up my Pokémon, and thus am kind of hoarding my stardust at the moment.

Ugh, it's so hard for me to keep any stardust... I mean i have 40k right now, but I did have over 65k before I took my lapras from 1640 to 1980 :/

OhHeyThere said:
Ugh, it's so hard for me to keep any stardust... I mean i have 40k right now, but I did have over 65k before I took my lapras from 1640 to 1980 :/

*Is jealous* I hatched my Lapras quite early on, as a result, she's very low level even after powering her up. Pity, since Lapras was always one of my favourites, and I'd quite like to have her fight.

Incidentally, did anyone know that you can claim 10 pokecoins and 500 stardust for every gym you assign a pokemon to in any given 21-hour period - i.e. you can only claim from a given gym once every 21 hours, no matter how often it changes hands? I only just found out.

I recently hatch a Pikachu in a egg that make me very happy :)

I am level 22.

Akastus said:
Incidentally, did anyone know that you can claim 10 pokecoins and 500 stardust for every gym you assign a pokemon to in any given 21-hour period - i.e. you can only claim from a given gym once every 21 hours, no matter how often it changes hands? I only just found out.

I thought I could claim that every time I won a gym...but it turns out you can only claim once every 21 hours, regardless of how many gyms you get after the first one (assuming you went right in and claimed the prize right after winning it).

Akastus said:
and I'd quite like to have her fight.

I'd quite like to have a Lapras. :p

How many have been around hunting wearing diapers?

Pikachu said:

Is there any other way? ;D

And, don't worry guys, as long as you keep walking those eggs, eventually you'll get 10km eggs, and all the cool pokemon hatch from them. I got one back at level 15ish, then I didn't get any for a while, then three back to back xD. First one was a tangela, then a Scyther, then the Lapras, then another (suckier) Scyther. I don't complain though, Scyther is my favorite of the original 151 :p

Pikachu said:

I've only done it one night. I'm sure I'll do it again once the weather cools down.

I have been around in the city today and play some more Pokemon go. I have now reach level 23 :) But now it starting to get pretty hard to level up in the game now when you need so much XP. I also manage to hatch some eggs where i received some new Pokemon that i did dent have witch help me get closer to complete the pokedex. But still i have some very rare Pokemon that i need to find and i even hope that i can be able to find some more Pikachus to. I think Pikachu is to rare for my taste and even some other Pokemon they should be a little more uncommon then they are now. But then it should not be to match of a challenge to play the game but after a wile you get kind of tired of all this Drowzee, Rattata, Sperow and Pidgey that you find everywhere.

I went to the Kenosha pier today and managed to hit level 21 from 19. I must've caught at least five Pikachu today, surprisingly. Ultra Balls are nice to have, and to be around about fifteen Pokéstops with Lure Modules at once is even nicer. Odd enough, a Bulbasaur appeared before me and I caught it, but apparently no-one else could find it.

I have an amazing route I can (rather safely) drive that has 20 stops in the circuit. It's a great way to restock after taking down a gym or hunting. Also, it's fairly fast exp :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back