Not open for further replies.

AngelicaPickles

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Sissy
  3. Little
  4. Incontinent
From reading on here and from videos on seen putting on a diaper looks easier enough. Is it?

Buhha said:
From reading on here and from videos on seen putting on a diaper looks easier enough. Is it?

It can be easy, but it can also be hard, It's all dependent on a few factors, It's easier to do it while standing, and find it harder to do it lying down.

Sometimes, It's tricky to keep the diaper positioned straight, and sometimes you may get it a bit too lose, I'm recently have been diapering myself with real adult diapers, and although It's not hard to do, it's a bit tricky to get right and takes a little practice.

For me easier when lying down, make sure your surface is flat (not a bunched up blanket) the wings are folded out enough and you practice pulling the front in place and have an idea where to stick the tabs before you open them.

With a new brand of diaper I like to take my time pulling the front up to get an idea of where it will sit, how tight the elastic will be and make sure I can place the tabs evenly before I open them to stick them.

Oh yeah if it's a 4 tab diaper I stick the bottom ones first and then the top ones.

After 4 months of practising, I am now a master at taping diapers so they don't leak!

Putting on an adult diaper is like playing bass guitar; it's easy to start up and do, but takes an incredibly underestimated amount of understanding to do well. You can tape it on and pull your pants up, but it takes a lot of trial and error to find out how to put them on to save from drooping, leaks, chafing, etc. A lot has to do with the brand of diaper you choose and the contours of your body and your bladder.

you don't know? I thought you wore? As for taping up diapers, its not an exact science, but you can learn to get consistent results, idealy your primary concern is no gaps at the leg gathers, secondary concern is the top tapes.

Some folks find it just as easy to do the fitting standing up with the butt against a wall holding the back panel with tabs in place.
Then pull the front part between the legs up to the waist and bring one of the sides around to mate with the front part holding with one hand.
Then bring the other side around to test and search around for the spot to best tape that side keeping it equal to the other side.
Once tape tabbed do the other side. The priority to tape the top tabs or the bottom tabs is all matter of how comfortable and confident in your
application. First time users should play around with masking tape before using the diapers tape tabs which may be a one time application and
reuse a problem. If you do screw up all is not lost just put on a firm fitting diaper cover and snug up the diaper underneath. You may not be
able to dump a load as you would with the tape tabs firmly placed but you can get by till round 2 occurs.
The deal with the butt up against the wall fitting the sides are easily accessible and not hiding under the bed blankets etc.
Laying on the floor is another method but concern about the surrounding condition can lead to other problems i.e wet floor dust dirt trash and
woefully questionable sanitary conditions ! Mostly trial and error till you get
it right.

Besides getting the right fit for you - remember that most diapers are just a little different from the others - In other words, the way one brand/model of diapers are fitted may not work with another brand/model.

usually if i cant something done right ill frustrated and give up

Buhha said:
usually if i cant something done right ill frustrated and give up

Take your time b4 taping up!

babylock1 said:
Some folks find it just as easy to do the fitting standing up with the butt against a wall holding the back panel with tabs in place.

I'd say this is really the most flexible way to learn. Even if you have another preferred method, this one you can always use.

Cloud said:
Putting on an adult diaper is like playing bass guitar; it's easy to start up and do, but takes an incredibly underestimated amount of understanding to do well. You can tape it on and pull your pants up, but it takes a lot of trial and error to find out how to put them on to save from drooping, leaks, chafing, etc. A lot has to do with the brand of diaper you choose and the contours of your body and your bladder.

I agree. It also depends on the "bass guitar" you choose, each diaper fits differently and it's more or less trial and error until you figure out the right way to put them on.

It's easiest to start putting them on lying down, but I find I have to slightly readjust standing up to find the best leak protection :)

I've been diapering myself on and off for a few years now. There's times I still can't get it right. You just have to keep trying different combinations and practicing until you find what works best.

Folding the diaper down the middle, standing up against something (I like the bed post), and tape angle (not going straight) made a big difference for me. Two of the three I learned that off a video on a Abena site.

First, I highly suggest you check this article out from our forum if you haven't checked it out already. Pretty much gives a good general guide that makes a great starting point for getting yourself padded up

https://www.adisc.org/forum/showthread.php/83448-How-to-Put-On-a-Diaper

Secondly, there's been tons of good advice and analogies on here, hehe. In a nutshell, I'd say putting on a diaper is easy, getting it to fit "just right/perfectly" isn't as easy.

Taping up a diaper so it won't fall off and serve most of it's purpose is pretty easy and straightforward. As in, completely failing at diapering yourself is easy to avoid. But having it so that it fits snugly but not too snugly and can maintain that comfortable fit/feel consistently after wearing for extended time and through various activities and positions is something else that takes a little more practice and experience (at least IMO). I don't diaper up myself too often due to my living arrangements and schedule. I don't consider myself a proficient diaperer, but I rarely experience leaks and enjoy the experiences all the same, even though I feel as though I've only diapered myself 100% correctly maybe 10% of the time. The more you do it, the more you'll learn how diapers fit your body type (and which brands fit certain ways).

Practice makes perfect and try not to worry about or over think it and enjoy yourself :). There's really only way for you to found out how simple it is or isn't!

Just wanted to add, I prefer lying down on a hard surface when I'm taping up and start with the bottom tapes (first left then right) then the top tapes (first right then left). Ultimately you'll find your own way of doing things that work best for you

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back