Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New Here

Default New Here

I stumbled upon this forum somehow in a search engine. I don't even remember what I was looking up but it looked active so I bookmarked it. I recognize one person here who went to Vickie's forum but her forum isn't that active so I don't go there much and post much.

I go to Daily Diapers sometimes and I post as Spokane Girl, same as at Vickie's forum. I also don't post at DD often.

I am not big in the diaper community anymore like I was when I was in my late teens and then started to slow down in it when I was 21.

I have been wearing diapers since I was 17 and wore 24/7 for over a year when I was 21 and 22 and stopped last year. I still wear and am thinking about going back to full time again with cloth. I am in the process switching to it. I now have four cloth diapers and have three coming on the way. I am thinking about buying from Etsy since those cloth diapers are reasonable prices. They are usually more expensive that that. Ebay was the best place for great deals on them.

If anyone has tips on how they take care of their cloth diapers, I'd love to hear about it through PM or here.

ciao

Asher

Welcome Calico; I hope you enjoy your stay! : )

I do not use cloth, so I am not the one to ask. However, there are many people that you could ask about it. You could always make a thread and ask other people there too : )

-Asher

Falkio

Welcome to ADISC! I would like to try cloth someday. They weren't really my thing until I started getting into the TB element. Now I just might buy some. Rumor has it that living 24/7 can be a pain, so I commend you for that. How was it? Is it as painstaking as people say? I'm going to try it when I leave for college.

Hope you enjoy your stay here. You'll find this place to be very helpful when your in need!

Regards

Cloth diapers hold more than disposables that's for sure. But you need to wash them often, don't leave them soiled. It wears them out faster because of the bacteria will break it down. Some also soak them in their diaper pail before washing them. Some others rinse them out before washing them. I just toss mine in the machine and turn it on.

I just take them off and put them in a bag and take them down to the laundry room and dump them in the wash and turn it on. I have tried different settings. I started to use the White setting after finding out it's warm water. I used the Color setting after hearing it's the heavy setting.

Cloth diapers are expensive but they save you money because you can reuse them. I haven't started wearing them 24/7 but I wore disposables 24/7. hey I found a place on Etsy that sells cloth diapers for $15 each. That's a great deal so I bought three of them. Now I have to pay but I'm just waiting for the seller to respond first.

I looked in the older threads here and wasn't pleased with some of the posts. Saying one of my conditions is fake. There are conditions out there I think are fake too because doctors like to turn things into conditions. Now they have a word for laziness, executive dysfunction, so that explains why I suffered from laziness but I keep trying to overcome it. Also the fact someone called someone on here a liar for coming out to his mother about his baby side but lot of them apologized for calling him a liar.

Quote Originally Posted by Calico View Post
    I looked in the older threads here and wasn't pleased with some of the posts. Saying one of my conditions is fake. There are conditions out there I think are fake too because doctors like to turn things into conditions. Now they have a word for laziness, executive dysfunction, so that explains why I suffered from laziness but I keep trying to overcome it. Also the fact someone called someone on here a liar for coming out to his mother about his baby side but lot of them apologized for calling him a liar.
    hmm. you make these complaints as if you expect someone to come along and give you some sort of an explanation for them. it certainly wasn't ME who made those posts that displeased you. we're mostly very friendly people and we'd love to have you as part of our community. if you're going to judge all of us based on things that a few people posted a zillion years ago then go ahead, but it might be a better idea to actually get to know us before you judge us. we're generally quite friendly!

if you're interested in information about cloth diapers and wearing 24/7 in general there's a massive amount of reading material on the subject available here: ISC Home Page

welcome to ADISC.

Did I offend someone already? My honesty seems to upset people.

I said some of the posts. "Some."

i'm not in the least bit offended. i was just worried that you were holding the site to a higher standard than it can reasonably meet. if you dig deeply enough, any forum is going to have a few posts that you find distasteful, so it's no big surprise that you were able to dig up a few posts in our archives that you didn't like. what exactly did you expect to gain by bringing it up with us?

sorry if i sound haughty. i just don't want you to assume we're all a bunch of morons just because you dredged up some long-dead argument between people who probably don't even post here anymore.