Yet another article about ABDLs

Status
Not open for further replies.
You gotta love that last comment, only in the USA,,,

The comments are a bit scary to read, way too many saying it's some kind of an mental illness. It feels like Europe hasn't moved on since the 60's

I don't have much of a problem with what Jess is doing, but I have to wonder whether the AB/DL-as-therapy thing actually applies here. Because, as I see it, therapy brings with it the implication of progress--of restoring some semblance of normalcy. Jess is talking about getting a babysitter now so that she can be regressed all day while her Daddy is at work. Any psychotherapy that's needed 24x7x365 and leaves little room for what most would call a productive adult life is surely a miserable failure. Now, if that's the existence you want, and if somebody is willing to provide it, then I can't complain too much, but let's not abuse the notion of therapy here.

Or maybe we just need the promise of a ten-year or twenty-year follow-up story. That would be cool. Then we might know whether this was indeed theraputic, was simply binge-exhibitionism, or something else.

I can't be too bothered by the negative comments. There's an inescapable paradox in the idea of representing the AB/DL community in a TV program or an article, and that's the simple fact that the average AB/DL would never out themselves that way. Those who do will always have an uncommon disregard for what others think of them, from which the muggle hoards will correctly divine that something is indeed missing.

Last edited:
BronyDL said:
The comments are a bit scary to read, way too many saying it's some kind of an mental illness. It feels like Europe hasn't moved on since the 60's

I am from Europe and it costs me to admit that there are so much closed-minded people out there. Yeah, this kink may seem weird, but hey, there's a proverb which says "do not judge a book by its cover". Maybe they should inform theyselves before commenting.

It dissapoints me that we are in a so closed-culture in times like this. If someone is a bit different than everyone else he/she will be flagged for it. It is none of their bussiness what people do.

By the way, the post itself doesn't give out too much information, but its okay.
There was a TV program here in Spain which talked about ABDLs, I am wondering what spectators were thinking about it.

Although I finally have accepted myself as an incontinent and Little/DL, and I'm proud of who I am, I have friends and family in Florida and I wouldn't like them to find this article because of what they might think,even though I like to believe I don't care about it I kinda do. Especially the article says "there a a lot of people who take this as a kink/sexually"
A lot???
The other way around I think, for most of us is not sexually at all or am wrong? Maybe I am I don't know, for me isn't at all.

Steve.

couchesstevenboy said:
Although I finally have accepted myself as an incontinent and Little/DL, and I'm proud of who I am, I have friends and family in Florida and I wouldn't like them to find this article because of what they might think,even though I like to believe I don't care about it I kinda do. Especially the article says "there a a lot of people who take this as a kink/sexually"
A lot???
The other way around I think, for most of us is not sexually at all or am wrong? Maybe I am I don't know, for me isn't at all.

Steve.

It's been a while since we had a poll here but they have shown a pretty consistent majority have at least occasional sexual feelings connected to this. Back in the early days of the Internet, that's all there appeared to be. I don't recall any question as to whether it was sexual or not. I don't have a problem with whatever way of enjoying it, although I have a difficult time with those who find it sexual and can't find a way to enjoy that.

The article itself was actually very fair to her, probably one of the more pro-ABDL articles I've ever come across. I don't think they did her an injustice the way they wrote it.

The comment section is a much different story. I gave up before I found any kind of positive response to the story. Just goes to show, ABDL needs to be kept as a niche thing. As much as the majority of us do nothing wrong and contribute to society, this is something that people who aren't into this scene will never truly understand. It's frustrating, but it is what it is.

couchesstevenboy said:
Especially the article says "there a a lot of people who take this as a kink/sexually"
A lot???

Most AB/DLs, if the surveys are to be believed. There have been many surveys on this over the years, here and elsewhere. Perhaps the most well-known of these are BitterGrey's surveys, the results of which are posted on the Understanding Infantilism site. One relevant survey is here. It discusses the degree to which sexuality is a component of a person's AB/DL practices. The responses to "Do you find diapers sexually stimulating?" are quite dramatic, but mostly in line with what other surveys have shown. 60% of respondents indicated "yes", while 30%--3/4 of the remainder--said "sometimes". And that's with about 1700 responses, many times the number usually seen on ADISC polls.

People like to call those who are significantly different from themselves, sick. Sex discussions make people uncomfortable. So now imagine someone explaining how they like wearing and using diapers and living like a baby. Why would any of us expect a positive or supportive response? It seldom happens.

This is why most of us keep our AB/DL lifestyle a secret from almost everyone. It has been my experience that people don't understand the things they themselves don't feel or experience. Sadly, they also tend to condemn things they don't understand as this seems to be human nature. The LGBTQ segment of society had a long fight bringing their differences into the mainstream, and there are a lot more people in that group than in the AB/DL group.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back