Thread: Debt.!

Default Debt.!

Is it normal to feel suicidal due to being in debt?

Long story short, I was screwed around,by a government agency, which lead me into debt. just for an education.

I feel like my hallucinations and delusions are getting worse, I feel rather energetic this week, but I'm bound to get sad and hopeless again.

If I had of listened to myself, and not my mother, I wouldn't of ended up in debt in the first place, I knew from day 1 I was gonna get screwed over.

I've also been having these odd thoughts, that everyone I talk to, is planning something, or planning to hurt me, maybe It's my brain looking out to me due to my past of getting abused and bullied / backstabbed by every single person I've ever met.

I can't seem to trust anyone, oddly enough when I catch a person lying once, I just keep distance, because I know it's just gonna end up hurting me.

Literally, considering the police accused me of robbing someone, searching my room, and turning out to be innocent, I can't trust anyone literally, but the odd thing is, what if someone tried to set me up and get me into trouble. wouldn't surprise me, what if that person is planning to black mail me, but hasn't been bothered telling me yet, what if they found out where I lived.

Not the first time it's happened either, had the police come to my house looking for stolen equipment which I think was just a ploy to find out who I am.

It's gotten to the point, that I'm starting to think people who serve me at the shop hate me, or that the receptionist is screwing things up on purpose.

I've been like this for a while, not this bad though, I often look behind me because I feel someone is going to come up and hit me or try and knock me out, or jump on me, but It's rational because I've had that happen on a few occasions.

Oh, you poor thing, sometimes I get irational thoughts of that happening to me but unlike you I have never been attacked, if you ever need to talk pm, ok! Just remember nobody will attack you for no reason especially if they don't know you!

I hope you are able to pay off the debt and catch whoever had done this to you, hugs

*grits teeth* Eeehhh... Sorry to pick on this, but...

Quote Originally Posted by DrunkBear View Post
    Long story short, I was screwed around,by a government agency, which lead me into debt. just for an education.
    The government is definitely not to blame for your debt at all. It was offered in exchange for an education that you chose to embark on, and for a lot of people, that's a pretty fair trade. If you end up with a degree in something for which there is no job market, though, or you decide(d) not to finish school--whether explicitly by dropping out or implicitly through academic deficiency--I suppose I can see how you would be frustrated, and would be searching for something or somebody to blame, but... There's a pretty enormous element of individual responsibility here that can't--shouldn't!--be ignored, and the more you ignore it, the more it'll just fester and make your life miserable. Believe me, it's best to own up and realize that there was a poor choice made. We all make poor choices from time to time, especially with money. In my late teens and early twenties, my parents bailed me out several times after I far outspent my means. It was pretty embarrassing to go groveling to them about that, but it was a learning experience. And no, my credit cards weren't to blame. It was all on me.

In short: Don't spend any more time trying to fix the blame. Try to see only the problem, and in particular, the things that you can do something about. And, if I may say so, the problem seems to run deeper than debt. It sounds like there might be reason to seek some counseling, because paranoia involving fear of physical assault by passersby is definitely not a normal symptom of having student loans out, and if there are other problems exacerbating the loan issue, such as inability to find employment, cultivate relationships, etc., it's possible these things may have a common emotional underpinning for which professional help is indicated.

I am sympathetic, to be clear. I just think it's generally unproductive to assume a victim mentality in these cases. Yours does not appear to be a case of true victimhood--with respect to the loan thing, anyway.
    Last edited by Cottontail; 07-Aug-2016 at 01:14.

In this case it has nothing to do with loans, It's not something I had control over, and didn't get the government support I was supposed to get in order to pay my fees.

I was entitled to a payment, and due to how underfunded this specific welfare agency is, I ended up waiting 5 months instead of 2 weeks, and applied thinking I was going to get my concession which in return made it payable by me. There was a lot of backlash because a lot of people ended up in my situation because of it, and I ended up on the radio about it.

It became a political thing, the prime minster said he was going to clear the backlog, but in reality, 90% of the applications got rejected, because of a "computer bug"

The exact opposite ended up happening, I never got my concession card, it took 5 months to process an application that should of taken 2 weeks, they screwed up multiple times by requesting information that I cannot physically provide because how am I supposed to find my school records from 10 years ago.

I applied a couple months before I started tafe, due to them delaying it by requesting stupid information they weren't supposed to request, it ended up getting stuck in the delay, and ended up waiting months before It got canceled. after ending up on the radio, magically it gets fixed and approved, funny that.

It's a payment called youth allowance, which goes towards your schooling fees, books etc. most people pay off there TAFE this way, and it's the way I did it, it took longer than it was supposed to.

I also had a huge backpay, but since it's goes in my mothers bank account, I only got stuff all cash, and not enough to pay off my tafe, the whole purpose was for it to go towards my tafe fees, which really screwed me over as I'm now in debt.

I wanted to use my first payment, to pay off my tafe, and not have to worry about it, my mothers friend feed her false information saying that they will pay my tafe fees(the government agency) which is false, so she ended up using it to pay for her debts. argh. all because she was fed false information and didn't listen to me.

Not only that, they also requested my high school certificate, which I put down year 11, they made 100+ mistakes, and in order to correct anything, you have to be on the phone or line up for an hour, It's that badly underfunded.

A lot of people don't even bother, and give up.

I removed a ton of personal information from here, that could be used to identify me.

Here in Australia you do not get any loans or support for anything lower than a diploma, you can get youth allowance (but in order to get it, it's based on how much your parents make -.-) so If you have your own house and your parents make 100k tough luck, and from what I've heard is the new VET test they brought in is impossible to pass, as a grade A student friend struggled to pass it and is in the highest maths class.
    Last edited by LittleJess; 08-Aug-2016 at 09:56. Reason: too much personal information.

Sorry DrunkBear the system/governments have truly sold us a poop sandwich when it comes to education.

Live life though, lots of fabulous diapers (nappies) to wear, nice food to eat and lovely people to spend time with rather than let ridiculous 1s and 0s ruin your life.

Quote Originally Posted by Argent View Post
    Sorry DrunkBear the system/governments have truly sold us a poop sandwich when it comes to education.

Live life though, lots of fabulous diapers (nappies) to wear, nice food to eat and lovely people to spend time with rather than let ridiculous 1s and 0s ruin your life.
    Yeah, I've noticed that private education is even worse, evocca tried conning me into it, did a little research, didn't want to end up in 27k in debt, and I'm glad I made the decision not to.

I'm just grateful it's not that much debt, I just hope our system changes for the better, I could always run for senate I think >.<

Okay good news, my mother said once she gets a job as a teacher, which will be in a couple weeks, she'll pay off my debt like she agreed to.

Thank goodness, that's a relief. I'll be able to continue my studies next year.

I think she realized how stressed out I was about it, random snapping, and losing my cool. on the bright side, I think there is a link between me being stressed, and my hallucinations / delusions. I'm going to go to a doctor to see what that is all about.

I just hope she sticks with her promises and doesn't try to mess me around again.

I know the feeling. I'm currently in around $35Kusd in debt, without a job, and it keeps stacking up.

I have days myself that I feel like I want to end it all, but the reason I don't is Family and Friends (real life and online).

Do your best to look forward, if you start thinking about it, find something to try to take your mind off of it. I know, easier said than done.

We are here for you,if you ever need to talk. Don't forget there are phone numbers you can call to talk to a live person as well.

Quote Originally Posted by FluffyMastiff View Post
    I know the feeling. I'm currently in around $35Kusd in debt, without a job, and it keeps stacking up.

I have days myself that I feel like I want to end it all, but the reason I don't is Family and Friends (real life and online).

Do your best to look forward, if you start thinking about it, find something to try to take your mind off of it. I know, easier said than done.

We are here for you,if you ever need to talk. Don't forget there are phone numbers you can call to talk to a live person as well.
    Thanks, I have numbers for suicide hotlines in the event of a emergency.

I should mention, that it's only thoughts for now, I have no intention on acting on it as of yet, but when I do I often call these numbers.