Status
Not open for further replies.

Angelic

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Little
  3. Incontinent
I noticed since I was wearing diapers 24/7 for 4-5 months that even though I have been to the toilet a few times a day, that just yesterday I have noticed my wettings are a lot smaller than they used to be. I have been drinking what I usually do but I have been finding my diapers have been lasting longer than the used to.

Has anybody experienced this before?

From what I've heard, that's totally normal. I wouldn't worry about it Angelic.

Thanks, I am glad I shouldn't be worried about it!

I definitely go more often with less volume than a few years ago. Also feel like my body is producing more urine at night now days. Not sure if these are the result of wearing and using diapers every night or simply a byproduct of aging. Whatever, without diapers I wouldn’t be getting much sleep!

Yep it's a natural occurrence. Because you're peeing more often your bladder doesn't need to hold as much liquid, as such it'll shrink in size.

Either that or your "level sensitivity" has dropped.

Yes.

What level sensitivity?

Angelic said:
What level sensitivity?

Like how full your bladder is before "giving you notice", or how full it is before "getting urgent".

I've seen several accounts of people with nerve damage that makes the "stretch sensory" nerves in their bladder hypersensitive so that even just a little in the bladder makes them full-on-desperate for relief.

Your bladder is a muscle so naturally the less we use it (IE holding it until we can get to a bathroom) the smaller and weaker it becomes since you've trained your body to not need to worry about holding anything in.

your bladder is a muscle every time you "hold it" you are strengthening it so i donnt think its anything to worry about

Sheepies said:
Your bladder is a muscle so naturally the less we use it (IE holding it until we can get to a bathroom) the smaller and weaker it becomes since you've trained your body to not need to worry about holding anything in.

Any idea why someone regained continence quickly after going a year in catheters? I have the link to all 5 blog posts explaining his journey through it to see what'd happen. He had no physical issues beforehand.

Which is why if I don't wear, I have to get up at least 4 times a night >.<

krone6 said:
Any idea why someone regained continence quickly after going a year in catheters? I have the link to all 5 blog posts explaining his journey through it to see what'd happen. He had no physical issues beforehand.

I wonder if you're talking about me and my 5 catheter journals. (which I actually wrote over 7 months of using catheters). The answer later ended up being that I did have Detrusor Sphincter Dyssynergia (and probably Bladder Neck Dyssynergia too). Both were in the early stages so it was not fully apparent at that time. My external sphincter was always, and automatically, clamping down (lightly at first, but as hard as it could later on). I had to strain to pee, so I instead used catheters for 7 straight months in an attempt to make me fully open and incontinent. I did this until it hurt and I couldn't use them any more, which is why I stopped at seven months.

Most normal functioning people would have been relaxing their sphincters that entire time, unfortunately for me, mine was still clamping down the entire time so I quickly went back to my precatheter state afterwards.

FYI, I have since also had SIX urinary sphincterotomies, and likely need one or two more. This has been necessary for me in order to lessen my off-the-scale internal bladder pressure which had caused rectal problems and bleeding, and was showing signs of causing renal problems too. I'm probably 80% recovered from that now, but have a little more ways to go.

Slomo said:
I wonder if you're talking about me and my 5 catheter journals. (which I actually wrote over 7 months of using catheters). The answer later ended up being that I did have Detrusor Sphincter Dyssynergia (and probably Bladder Neck Dyssynergia too). Both were in the early stages so it was not fully apparent at that time. My external sphincter was always, and automatically, clamping down (lightly at first, but as hard as it could later on). I had to strain to pee, so I instead used catheters for 7 straight months in an attempt to make me fully open and incontinent. I did this until it hurt and I couldn't use them any more, which is why I stopped at seven months.

Most normal functioning people would have been relaxing their sphincters that entire time, unfortunately for me, mine was still clamping down the entire time so I quickly went back to my precatheter state afterwards.

FYI, I have since also had SIX urinary sphincterotomies, and likely need one or two more. This has been necessary for me in order to lessen my off-the-scale internal bladder pressure which had caused rectal problems and bleeding, and was showing signs of causing renal problems too. I'm probably 80% recovered from that now, but have a little more ways to go.

That definitely sounds like you and am curious to ask you some followup questions since those reasons change the whole thing. To not thread jack I wanted to send you a PM though I don't see that anywhere and it'd appear you've disabled having others send you private messages. If you get this message is there a way you could turn it on for a little so I can chat with you?

Thanks.

To everyone else: I was trying to avoid posting something in this since it's not directly related to the original post, though I didn't see any other easy way to reach out to Slomo.

krone6 said:
That definitely sounds like you and am curious to ask you some followup questions since those reasons change the whole thing. To not thread jack I wanted to send you a PM though I don't see that anywhere and it'd appear you've disabled having others send you private messages. If you get this message is there a way you could turn it on for a little so I can chat with you?

Thanks.

To everyone else: I was trying to avoid posting something in this since it's not directly related to the original post, though I didn't see any other easy way to reach out to Slomo.

I can't receive PM's yet, as I don't really post anymore. (The last two sites I posted factual info on I got banned for it) I'm an open book though, and still just as honest, so just start a new thread. I'll reply to your questions there since they are directly to me.

This happened to me to be honest, I wore for 24/7 for 2 months or so, and I would pee soo little it was wierd, but after I stopped due to lack of money ;-; I found it really odd as I keep feeling like I needed to pee constantly but very little would come out, it was annoying.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back