Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Rydelin

Default Rydelin

Alright, I don't have ADD or ADHD or any disability that keeps me from focusing. But, I want to focus MORE! If I took Rydelin or some other drug for more concentration, what would the outcome be? I want to be more concentrated on business and making money, I don't want to get distracted.
    What would happen If I started taking it?

Error404

Don't.

Rydelin and Ritalin are both Cocaine and Speed based drugs. They ruin your appetite and cause migraines. They also don't help with things like insomnia and due to the base drugs, can get you addicted.

That and it can kill you if you don't actually need it.

Ritalin also increases your chances of heart disease/heart attacks. I expect Rydelin does the same.]

A simple change in diet and eating at the right times will help you focus alot better than any drugs will - Safer too.

Quote Originally Posted by http://www.123helpme.com/view.asp?id=18301
    Ritalin is a risky drug. Taking this drug means having to take a dosage every four hours. Like any other medication, large doses can lead to addiction. At the end of the day, when the medication starts to wear off, mood swings occur and the sufferer becomes irritable. Side effects, which include insomnia, loss of appetite, stunted height, and irritability are brutal to the victim (Mann). Ritalin, if taken improperly, can increase a person's heartbeat and blood pressure. This can cause cardiac arrhythmia (irregular heartbeat) and premature death.
    I'd vote no, don't take it if you don't need it.

Asher

Hey diaperedteenager

1. No; do not take it. If you don't need it, don't take it. If you do not have ADD or ADHD, you would only get the side effects of the drug. You MIGHT be a little more focused, and when I say a little, I mean ONLY a little. It is not worth it at all.

2. If you want to be more concentrated on business and making money, then take a class about business and etc. Trying to make money and work on business is NOT a good reason to take Rydelin.

3. Why don't you get an internship? Practicing the art of business through jobs and internships will make it easier for you to adjust into the business world after you have graduated.

Just don't take Rydelin. It isn't a good drug to take if you don't have ADD or ADHD. My final question: Is making money and being successful so important to you that you would take a drug to make it better?

Work to improve your physical lifestyle. Being fit helps you concentrate and think more clearly.

There is no easy magical cure for any of the ailments you've been posting about on this forum. You may just have to deal with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Asher View Post
    Hey diaperedteenager

1. No; do not take it. If you don't need it, don't take it. If you do not have ADD or ADHD, you would only get the side effects of the drug. You MIGHT be a little more focused, and when I say a little, I mean ONLY a little. It is not worth it at all.

2. If you want to be more concentrated on business and making money, then take a class about business and etc. Trying to make money and work on business is NOT a good reason to take Rydelin.

3. Why don't you get an internship? Practicing the art of business through jobs and internships will make it easier for you to adjust into the business world after you have graduated.

Just don't take Rydelin. It isn't a good drug to take if you don't have ADD or ADHD. My final question: Is making money and being successful so important to you that you would take a drug to make it better?

Yes, I believe that money and success is the most important thing on the earth

Error404

Quote Originally Posted by diaperedteenager View Post
    Then you're going to spend a very disappointing life.

I've had both. Would easily trade them for that occasional toasty warmth I get from a little praise of my parents or that pang of glee I get when I see my Elizabeth come online.

Medication = Bad idea for anything other than what's desperately NEEDED.

Mako

I don't advocate drug treatment for those who do have ADD or ADHD, except for the most extreme cases. But even then only as an aid to other treatments and not the solution.

So I certainly wouldn't advocate it for someone who doesn't need it, thats just dumb.

I faced a similar problem once. I was taking GRE practice tests (like the SAT or ACT, but for grad school), and I noticed that my scores were getting killed by the questions involving reading passages. Upon reflection, it dawned on me that what I lacked was metacognition, which is to say that as I read, I wasn't concentrating hard enough, or evaluation my own understanding of what I'd just read.

So I figured it'd be worth the practice to read a few short passages and really focus on what I was reading. Best to start small--don't do this sort of thing all at once, and expect perfect concentration all the time. Just like lifting weights. For whatever set of reasons--maybe cartoons, videogames, and partying--my life didn't require me to focus much until then. I started 'focusing' a few paragraphs at a time, and it improved my score by two standard deviations (this was my second time taking the GRE).

In what way do you wish to increase concentration? Do you find it hard to concentrate given specific tasks? Try some 'metacognition' with some small tasks--constantly evaluating your own comprehension of what you've read/heard/seen/done. If your lack of concentration seems to be global, go talk to your doctor; apparently those drugs are helpful for some folks. Just be sure you don't try to take any of them without a doctor's approval.

Asher

Quote Originally Posted by diaperedteenager View Post
    Let me be the first to tell you that money is not the most important thing on the earth. Living in Las Vegas, I have seen and met people that believed the same thing. Oh how unwise they were. They were greedy, they did not understand how life worked. Many of the men and women I have met that believed money was the most important thing over the years (and keep in mind its only been 4 years that I have been meeting these kind of "people") have ended up more greedy, depressed, in jail, or dead.

Main point: Money is not happiness.

Wealth is like health: To live happily, you do need at least a little, and without it, life is miserable. But money is not everything.

There is so much more to life than money. But chances are that a person on an ADISC forum is going to change your mind on this. I gave you my two cents; that's all I got to say.

-Asher