Not open for further replies.

FudgedInLuvs

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Little
  3. Incontinent
  4. Other
Happy Tuesday Morning, fellow padded persons!

I have a question for the community. I may have a window of clearance to order a new shipment of diapers discretely this week, and I could stick to increasing the size of my stash of Goodnites or try something new. I began to look into papers Underjams, as I can wear the size 6 BabyDry and have been impressed with their performance, I thought they could be worth a shot, while being a pull up like my Goodnites. Just curious as to what the opinion is to them. How do they compare to Goodnites? How well/much do they absorb and swell?

Thanks!

They're smaller than GoodNites--shorter, by most of two inches in the L/XL size. That's the biggest problem I have with them. Confusingly, they're no longer than Pampers baby diapers, and like just about every pull-up, they're much narrower in the crotch than baby diapers, too. At one point, UnderJams were the only baby/child pull-up that could deal with my 44-inch hips. The elastic was just crazy-stretchy. But, about two years ago, GoodNights caught up, and because they're bigger (longer) too, they're the clear winner now.

Plus, I'm not a big fan of the UnderJams prints, and they haven't been updated in nearly five years.

They get a "don't waste your time/money" rating from me, I'm afraid.

Cottontail said:
They're smaller than GoodNites--shorter, by most of two inches in the L/XL size. That's the biggest problem I have with them. Confusingly, they're no longer than Pampers baby diapers, and like just about every pull-up, they're much narrower in the crotch than baby diapers, too. At one point, UnderJams were the only baby/child pull-up that could deal with my 44-inch hips. The elastic was just crazy-stretchy. But, about two years ago, GoodNights caught up, and because they're bigger (longer) too, they're the clear winner now.

Plus, I'm not a big fan of the UnderJams prints, and they haven't been updated in nearly five years.

They get a "don't waste your time/money" rating from me, I'm afraid.

I second that!

A couple years ago, UnderJams were the only "big kid" diaper I could fit into. Now, GoodNites are a much better fit, and personally I think GoodNites are better looking.

No discussion of Underjams is complete without mentioning their terrible elastic. It disintegrates too easily under tension. Goodnites' elastic is fabulous in comparison, stretching well and being pretty durable for hours and hours. Even generic store versions of Goodnites have better elastic than Underjams.

On the other hand, Underjams seem to have a thicker and fuller feel between the legs somehow, they feel good while they last!

Underjams are much smaller than goodnites, but if you can fit into size 6 diapers that might not be much of a problem for you. Underjams are much more comfortable to wear than goodnites: softer and thicker with extra material on the sides to feel less like a pull up and more like underwear. As being able to wear them is a fleeting opportunity and you already have goodnites, I would suggest at least giving them a try.

I wish very much that I could still wear them and am very glad that when they first came out I was still small enough to wear them, even if I quickly outgrew them and have not been able to wear them since.

patrick1776 said:
Underjams are much smaller than goodnites, but if you can fit into size 6 diapers that might not be much of a problem for you. Underjams are much more comfortable to wear than goodnites: softer and thicker with extra material on the sides to feel less like a pull up and more like underwear. As being able to wear them is a fleeting opportunity and you already have goodnites, I would suggest at least giving them a try.

I wish very much that I could still wear them and am very glad that when they first came out I was still small enough to wear them, even if I quickly outgrew them and have not been able to wear them since.
Ehh... Don't forget, Patrick: Those members whose bodies were still growing were booted a few years back. Those who are left or have lately joined, if they can fit into UnderJams today, will likely fit into them tomorrow--unless they go on a fried chicken diet. Nothing's all that fleeting for this old bunch except life itself. :)

About softeness: Have you tried GoodNites recently? In the last year or so? They've gotten soft. I'd still agree that UnderJams are softer, but I don't know that the difference rises to the level of a decision-making factor like it used to. In fact, on the whole, Huggies diapers have gotten a lot softer lately. Pull-Ups, in particular, used to have a very unpleasant papery feel (I'm thinking of the first Cars designs) and now they're quite nice. But no way I can fit into those without modding.

sambus said:
On the other hand, Underjams seem to have a thicker and fuller feel between the legs somehow, they feel good while they last!

Other than aesthetics and elastic, Underjams are far superior to Goodnites as far as I've seen. They're produced very consistently (alignment of components etc.), have good absorbency, great tall leak guards, are very quiet and never crinkly, and don't leak little spots through the plastic barrier (Goodnites often have very tiny tears in the plastic cover). I wish they didn't have such weak elastic and ugly graphic designs, but I have to give them credit for their functional quality.

In terms of absorbency and performance, Underjams are better than Goodnites, much like how Easy Ups absorb more than Pull Ups. Their sizing makes it difficult for me to wear personally because of how small they run.

I've seen reviews everywhere in which parents comment and ask Pampers about either making them bigger or adding an additional size or two. If Pampers actually did that, I'd buy them a lot more. Because they don't, either Goodnites or size 6/7 baby diapers would be a better choice.

FudgedInLuvs said:
Happy Tuesday Morning, fellow padded persons!

I have a question for the community. I may have a window of clearance to order a new shipment of diapers discretely this week, and I could stick to increasing the size of my stash of Goodnites or try something new. I began to look into papers Underjams, as I can wear the size 6 BabyDry and have been impressed with their performance, I thought they could be worth a shot, while being a pull up like my Goodnites. Just curious as to what the opinion is to them. How do they compare to Goodnites? How well/much do they absorb and swell?

Thanks!

First, I can wear GoodNites L/XL without issue, all day.

Here's my experience with Underjams...

The sides always splits, one or both, within 1 to 2 hours.

Image of the split, with part of my leg/hip showing:
NHFQoEr.jpg

Other than that, they are great. Holds around the same amount as GoodNites.

tg4selfcheckout said:
I second that!

A couple years ago, UnderJams were the only "big kid" diaper I could fit into. Now, GoodNites are a much better fit, and personally I think GoodNites are better looking.

And a third! Definitely go with GoodNites, they fit and yes, look a lot better.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back