Thread: How can I feel better about my grown up body? (Girls only sorry boys!)

Default How can I feel better about my grown up body? (Girls only sorry boys!)

I have been thinking on how to be more comfortable with my body and making it feel as childlike as I can. I identify as a child so looking at my self really spoils it for me!

First off with my breasts I have stopped looking at them if I can help it and I have thought about putting a bra on first under my clothes so I can avoid looking at them when I dress, I have thought about wearing a bikini top in the shower but then again, I need to wash in that area as I get spots around my cleavage area, but there is another problem, whilst I can avoid looking at breasts naked, I still am going to be able to see them under my top and have cleavage. I am NOT going to the extreme of surgically removing them but how can I make my breasts appear smaller?

One thing that irks me off is my height, I am not so concerned about my weight but my height seems too big whilst in preprotional to the rest of my body. I cannot do anything about it is the biggest problem! I just wish I realised this before puberty so I could take hormone stoppers to stop my growth. My parents would not allow this though so I could NOT of prevented this in any way. When I lie down all I see is length after length of leg and I feel like a giant! Some of my toys seem to be too small for me and all of the cute clothes are also too small for me! It's kinda handy to reach things though but it still doesn't feel right. Whilst I wouldn't go for this option, I wouldn't think that there would be such thing as shortening bones and making things in proportion to a child, this would first off hurt a lot and make me crippled! Secondly I never know, I may regret this when I am older! At least people take me seriously when I am adult sized! How can I get the illusion that I am small again? I don't think that there is anything...

My body hair removal is ok, but doesn't feel right as it never truly goes away, it leaves stubble and sore bumps on my skin for a about a week after and then I need to shave again! I feels a lot better at the time but my skin reacts badly to it! I feel gross with body hair! I have though pt about using Nair but I have no idea how to use it and what it will do.i use this razor:Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	30 
Size:	62.6 KB 
ID:	26856 Click image for larger version. 

Views:	33 
Size:	51.0 KB 
ID:	26857What can you suggest I can do to make hair removal kinder to my skin and how to make it stay away longer?

Speaking of skin, I get spots, zits and pimples, o.k. Whilst I don't have acne or scarring I am lucky but I feel greasy and oily when I get them. I have starting using baby wash clothes with warm water to wipe away sweat in my spot prone areas. I have to pop pimples that have puss because I feel gross with them on my face! I also have greasy prone hair, I have hair categorised by oily roots and dry ends. What does my hair look like to you? I have washed it last night.Click image for larger version. 

Views:	55 
Size:	45.5 KB 
ID:	26858does it look greasy or have I tackled that problem? What can you suggest to get stop the formation of spots and greasy hair so quickly? I wash my hair every other day, it looks ok on the second most of the time but sometimes it looks like I have been swimming! I used loreal elvive 3 clays shampoo for oily roots and dry ends whilst I use loreal elvive condition on my ends.

About my periods, I feel like it's a constant reminder of my adult body whilst I am on it, when I change my diapers I have to deal with the blood in there, it's not so much the mess but the reminder that I am a adult. Diapers are useful for catching blood more than a sanitary towel in underwear I find, I am starting to be able to deal with cramps by taking ibroprofen which is a painkiller and after a while the cramps are gone! I take it when they are bad though. Something else I don't like about my period is the fact I turn into a moody teenager in behaviour, I get so emotional and angry that it's just not me! As for solutions, I have thought about tampons but I can't figure out how to use them and they feel uncomfortable, they can stop me getting blood in my diaper though and create a more babyish feel to it. If I use figure out how to use a tampon, would it be worth it? I am also considering this, my dad has mentioned about going on the pill to stop my periods occuring, this has worked for 2-3 weeks as when I went on vacation and I couldn't use a tampon, it stopped my period for the time I was on vacation, the day after my period started again as it was 2 days after stopping taking them. The only thing is 1, I felt a little nauseous for a week before it settled down, 2. I heard that the pill will stop working if you take it for too long and lastly I heard it can cause cancer or infertility which I will proberly regret in my later years! Do you think it's best to just stick with learning to use a tampon or should I consider the pill further?

Sorry if this seemed strange, I just need to feel more comfortable with myself.

How many of you have felt this way about your body?

What can you suggest I can do to make hair removal kinder to my skin and how to make it stay away longer?
    Epilators. They smart the first time you use them, but when the hair grows back, it's thinner and weaker. If you keep up with it, the hair gets super thin and weak and doesn't hurt at all to remove. It leaves your skin complete smooth for ages!

For skin, I use "Salux Nylon Japanese Beauty Skin Bath Wash Cloth/Towel" and simple, unscented dove soap. They are the best body towels EVER. They're abrasive, but not too much. I find that if I forget my towel when I travel now, I just can't feel clean. They're soooo good at removing all the oils and dead skin and other stuff.

For hair (mine is long, close to my waist), I always wash with pantene pro v (original). I've tried many other brands but always come back to this one. For washing, I first brush my hair out before I get in a bath, then shampoo and then conditioner. I leave the conditioner in for a minute and then rinse it out. After that, I'll squeeze it (not ring it!) to get as much water out as I can, then drape a towel over my shoulders and let the hair air dry. I NEVER use a hair drier! I also avoid dyes or any other hair treatments. Just simple shampoo, conditioner and time to air dry. This means I have to wash my hair in the evening, but it is worth it.

For period mood swings, being on birth control won't stop them, but it will help regulate your mood and *might* help with the cramps. Mainly the mood swings though... Changes in hormone level (up or down, doesn't matter) is what causes the mood swings, hot flashes, etc. Birth control stabilizes that which is why it helps. I don't know of *any* reputable studies showing any link between birth control and cancer or infertility. So I don't believe that is a concern.

As for the rest, that is a lot harder. You can't change your body beyond a small amount. So I think the best approach is to try to find a way to become OK with your body as it is. I know this is a LOT easier said than done, but shy of radical surgery, you don't have much choice here. On the good side, fashion is all about manipulating your appearance; highlighting the good parts and diminishing the bad parts. I'm 5'9" so I am pretty tall by most standards, maybe around the same as you? Anyway, that means that our body type isn't so good for certain cloths, but other things will work great. Experiment and try to find what works for you, and mentally, start working on a way to say "ok, this is just my body, but it's only a small part of who I am".

All the best.

What type of clothes will make my body look smaller and more childlike? I have pretty girly tops, I wear skinny jeans so I guess my legs may look longer but I find baggies pants do that more than skinny jeans to quite the contrary, dresses and tights make me smaller, shorts make me look taller because of the extra legs showing but I like shorts.

What clothes do you wear?

Quote Originally Posted by Angelic View Post
    What type of clothes will make my body look smaller and more childlike? I have pretty girly tops, I wear skinny jeans so I guess my legs may look longer but I find baggies pants do that more than skinny jeans to quite the contrary, dresses and tights make me smaller, shorts make me look taller because of the extra legs showing but I like shorts.

What clothes do you wear?
    I should mention that I am not really AB or even really little. For me, I like diapers, of course, but also I hate body hair and generally act a little more like a childish adult (not in the "makes bad decisions" childish but "gets very bouncy at things that make me happy"). So for me, looking little isn't a huge goal. So I am not sure that I can give you fashion advice because I tend to dress for comfort and more tom-boyish endeavors. I like playing with machines, hate makeup and dresses, etc. Most of my cloths are cute, but it a "rugged camper" kind of way.

Fashion is an intensely personal thing, too. The best advice I can give is to look for girls with similar body types to yours, then of those, find the girls whose fashion sense you like. Once you have some good roll models, start to study their dressing habits, how they hold themselves, and so on. The biggest trick here though is to be honest with the girls you find to compare yourself to. Avoid the temptation to find girls with more ideal (as you define it) body types. The closer her body type is to you, the better her approach to fashion will work for you.

After that, it is just experimenting and playing around. It takes time, but you will eventually adapt the styles of the other girls into a fashion sense best suited to yourself.

Another important part is to be brutally honest with yourself. Your body is what your body is, and that is not going to change. We all have (a lot!) of things about our bodies that we hate. When we fixate on that, it is easy to miss our good features. No matter what you might think of your own appearance, there is a very very good chance that many people out there envy you and could only dream of having a body like yours. So be sure to step back and give yourself credit for the good parts that fate has given you.

As they say; "Work it, girl!" :P

c.

- - - Updated - - -

What are epelators?
    OK, this is going to sound like a horrible torture device...

They're hand-held things with a rotating head (or two) of tweezers. As they rotate towards your skin, the close and grab the hair. As they keep rotating, they pull the hair out by the roots. Think of it like a hand-held, not sticking wax strip. I actually prefer them over waxing because there is no stick and it can be used whenever you want.

Here is a good introduction to them:

http://epilatorgirl.com/ultimate-epi...reviews-guide/

I mentioned it in my first post, but I will say it again now.

The first time you use it, it will hurt. How much depends a lot on your pain tolerance and how thick your hair is. So make sure, before you start, that you have your happy place ready. Here are my main tips though, that help me;

1. Have a nice warm bath (or shower) first. I find this helps open up the pores and, to me, makes it easier (I admit this might be psychosomatic because I loooove baths so always feel better after a bath).
    2. In the bath/shower, using a rougher cloth (like the one I mentioned earlier) and give your skin a good scrub. This, I find, also helps.
    3. Pull the skin taught as you go over it. I don't really know why this helps, but for me, it helps a LOT. Also, loose skin (like behind knees and arm pits) can get grabbed by the epilator head. Now this doesn't actually hurt, because the head will just stop, but it always scares me and makes me jump.

The good news though is;

Because the hair was pulled out by the roots, that means it is totally gone. There is not stubble and your skin is gloriously smooth! <3 It takes a week or two for the hair to start coming back, and when it does, it is thinner and not grabby like when you shave.

Second; If you keep it up (like, once a week), the hair will get thinner and thinner, and it will have a weaker and weaker grip. I find that if I keep it up for a month or more, the hair gets so weak that I can grab a hair with my fingernails and pull it out without any feeling or pain. So you just need to get through the first rough bit.

One last thing;

Pubic hair (arm pits and "down there") are generally thicker and more strongly anchored. Most epilators have a slow speed that might help the first few times you clean that thicker hair. Note also; *if* you decide to do "down there", be careful. The hair is the thickest and it's easier to grab "loose bits". Also, for me, the first time I tried cleaning down there, some of the hair follicles bled. If the sight of blood bothers you, then be careful. Also, be extra extra careful to stay clean and not get infection!

I will say though, for me at least, it is sooooooo worth it for the results. There is not a razor our there that comes close to the smooth and soft results.

On another topic;

Nair (and other chemical removers) freak me out and I would not use them myself. I can only imagine what repeated exposure to something so caustic that it can burn hair will do to you.

Of look; Another thought! If you get an epilator and you find it hurts too much, then consider going to a salon to get a full wax. The effect of the hair coming back weaker will still be true, and it can be a lot easier to "just get through it" when someone else does it for you. I've found those salon girls are ninja masters at waxing. :P

Good luck!

What about using male shaving foam and shaving with a razor, I just used soap as a lather, will that get me better results?

What about using male shaving foam and shaving with a razor, I just used soap as a lather, will that get me better results?
    I doubt it. I don't think there is much difference in male/female shaving foam or razors. At the end of the day, you're sliding a blade over your skin to cut the hair. If the razor isn't super sharp, the hair is not cut cleanly and will become a little velcro~y. Also, men and women's skin is different, but when it comes to getting a good shave, it's not that different. I think the main difference between men and women shaving stuff is colour/scent, not functional really (at least not that I know of).

I havn't used men's shaving foam, I just used soap but to be honest I havn't used it on my down there area because of the fear of getting it inside me, should I just screw it and put shaving foam down there, actually to be honest, my legs and underarms don't get bumps and nicks because I use soap, I think I should try the shaving foam... On all shaving areas.

I havn't used men's shaving foam, I just used soap but to be honest I havn't used it on my down there area because of the fear of getting it inside me, should I just screw it and put shaving foam down there, actually to be honest, my legs and underarms don't get bumps and nicks because I use soap, I think I should try the shaving foam... On all shaving areas.
    I wouldn't worry about soap or whatever. As for what you should do or not do, that isn't for me or anyone else to say. I would suggest using something more than soap though. I've found hair conditioner to be good for shaving in a pinch (have had to do that on occasion when I traveled, before I switched to epilating).