Thread: I need to stop feeling so disgusted with myself!

Default I need to stop feeling so disgusted with myself!

I never felt so disgusted with my self in my entire life, I am not sure if this the time of the month, ADHD or remainder of my depression talking but I feel like I am mean, a retard, stupid, disgusting, ugly, nobody loves me and selfish!

I know these statements are not true but why do I still feel them!?

I am usually thoughtful as you could proberly tell from my other posts, I left school with 7 qualifications, I am pretty intelligent and know what I want, I don't why I feel disgusting, I feel very unattractive, I know my family loves me but I havn't had anybody show me it in a very long time! The reason I want my old stuff back is because it's me and I have had it taken away from me! I think about other people when I buy things and always buy presents and buy things me and dad could enjoy together.

But is this really ugly!?Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	64 
Size:	39.1 KB 
ID:	26842t proberly isn't or it may be hideous! Mind you, I HAVE seen worse!!

Quote Originally Posted by Maxx View Post
    Kind of a Taylor Swift look...
    Lol, But I think so.
    She was the one of member I know the face.
    Last edited by AEther; 02-Aug-2016 at 16:32.

What about caitianix and sisi? You know theirs faces? I don't think I should of posted...

Quote Originally Posted by Angelic View Post
    What about caitianix and sisi? You know theirs faces? I don't think I should of posted...
    Yeah, it's possibly not the best idea to have face pics posted on a site like this... although I agree with the others, you look absolutely fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Angelic View Post
    I never felt so disgusted with my self in my entire life, I am not sure if this the time of the month, ADHD or remainder of my depression talking but I feel like I am mean, a retard, stupid, disgusting, ugly, nobody loves me and selfish!

I know these statements are not true but why do I still feel them!?

I am usually thoughtful as you could proberly tell from my other posts, I left school with 7 qualifications, I am pretty intelligent and know what I want, I don't why I feel disgusting, I feel very unattractive, I know my family loves me but I havn't had anybody show me it in a very long time! The reason I want my old stuff back is because it's me and I have had it taken away from me! I think about other people when I buy things and always buy presents and buy things me and dad could enjoy together.

But is this really ugly!? proberly isn't or it may be hideous! Mind you, I HAVE seen worse!!
    It may very well be your depression talking. The thing about depression is that it is irrational - even if there is evidence that you are not mean, stupid, ugly ect. ect. it will still make you feel that way. It's something that's inside your head working against you, it's not easy to fight it. There's some things you can do - try and eat something healthy, go for a walk, take a shower, find someone to give you a hug... I imagine you have some strategies to cope of your own.

A really key thing to hang on to though is that the lies the depression is telling you aren't real. There are lots of good things about you, and they continue despite the depression, and they will be there when it is gone.

Take care.

As a guy that likes women, I would say you are very pretty. Don't beat yourself up, you are going through a lot right now. Just take it one day at a time. You are a great person and have people that love you. *hugs*

Quote Originally Posted by MsClara View Post
    It may very well be your depression talking. The thing about depression is that it is irrational - even if there is evidence that you are not mean, stupid, ugly ect. ect. it will still make you feel that way. It's something that's inside your head working against you, it's not easy to fight it. There's some things you can do - try and eat something healthy, go for a walk, take a shower, find someone to give you a hug... I imagine you have some strategies to cope of your own.

A really key thing to hang on to though is that the lies the depression is telling you aren't real.
    There are lots of good things about you, and they continue despite the depression, and they will be there when it is gone.

Take care.
    Really good points. Perhaps getting in the habit of having a daily plan to work from on days when you know you're not yourself. Stick to the plan even when you don't really feel like it.... so you can get up the next day and feel better about having done something.

Angelic it's the irrational nature of grief and depression that I think are doing there thing right now, have faith and persevere over them, many of us have fought them, and the mirror never tells the whole story, neither does the camera, you only see the surface of things when we are all much deeper, in the hunt for a spouse or lover the first thing is attraction to the shell ( your body) then we take a peak at what lies beneath and decide do we have a start or do we throw it back, because the basic differences are to great ( mind and personality type + shell must equal something we think can last, and mature into a good team) fight your demons in your head, where they live , and worry not about the shell that others see, life is not a contest but getting through it can be. Maintain your physical health by eating good , and work on your mental health by talking back to these demons , and not taking to heart the lies they tell. Gentle hugs .

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk