Pampers Cruisers Size 7

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cobaltii

Banned
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
So have any of you guys tried these? Do they withstand more than one wetting? Any leakages? Comfy? Thanks for any feedback that You guys give me. I appreciate it.

Cobaltii said:
So have any of you guys tried these? Do they withstand more than one wetting? Any leakages? Comfy? Thanks for any feedback that You guys give me. I appreciate it.
That's hard to answer without knowing your sizes and stuff. But, first off, if you've tried Baby Dry 6 (with or without "Extra Protection") or Luvs 6, then you've pretty much experienced Cruisers 7 in terms of fit and function. They're all the same exact size. And none of these diapers have much in the way of fluff in them, so they all struggle to keep up with an adult's wetting. I'd suggest that one full adult-sized bladder is about all any of these can be expected to hold, and then only if you wet slowly and in an upright position. They definitely have different capacities where babies are concerned (Baby Dry Extra Protection has SAP front-to-back for nighttime wear) but the tight fit, low rise, and low rate of absorption relative to an adult's needs means they're all quite impractical.

I enjoy wearing Pampers because they're a real baby product. And that's really all they've got going for them where ABDLs are concerned.

Cottontail said:
That's hard to answer without knowing your sizes and stuff. But, first off, if you've tried Baby Dry 6 (with or without "Extra Protection") or Luvs 6, then you've pretty much experienced Cruisers 7 in terms of fit and function. They're all the same exact size. And none of these diapers have much in the way of fluff in them, so they all struggle to keep up with an adult's wetting. I'd suggest that one full adult-sized bladder is about all any of these can be expected to hold, and then only if you wet slowly and in an upright position. They definitely have different capacities where babies are concerned (Baby Dry Extra Protection has SAP front-to-back for nighttime wear) but the tight fit, low rise, and low rate of absorption relative to an adult's needs means they're all quite impractical.

I enjoy wearing Pampers because they're a real baby product. And that's really all they've got going for them where ABDLs are concerned.
How much do you think they could take before leaking?

Cobaltii said:
How much do you think they could take before leaking?
In practical terms, not a lot. You might be able to carefully empty your bladder one time, but any more than that and you're on borrowed time. Unlike a baby's small and more frequent wettings, a single large adult-sized wetting gives this thin padding insufficient time to do its work. Consequently, most of your pee ends up where gravity would have it go before absorption really starts to happen. Most adults will wear these diapers rather tightly, which is exacerbated in the case of adult males by the fact that we have quite a bit of external genitalia to contend with--which fills up more of the crotch area, leaving little room for unabsorbed pee to wait while its absorbed, and also (effectively) narrowing the crotch width and making it harder for the leak guards to work properly.

So, yeah... Don't get your hopes up too high. That's really all I can say. If you're interested, get a bag of Baby Dry 6 and you'll see what you're in for. You might like it, or you might find yourself with a bag of boosters for some subsequent adult diapers. Either way, cheap experiment!

I use size 6 diapers and use a heavy incontience pad in them and they can take 2-3 wettings depending on how big they are and where I wet, (e.g. On my back, stomach or playing) etc.

I find that the 3 core Cruisers hold a ton more than Baby Dry and can hold at least 2-3 full adult wettings before they completely give out.

What 3 pampers cruisers diapers taped together or inside each other

Southstuart said:
I think he means 3 core like a 3 layer design angelic.
It's the latest Cuirsers thing. They have channels in the core that direct the urine, similar to what menstrual pads and other adult products have had for a while. I have the latest Cuirsers 7's, and IMO, it doesn't make much of a practical difference for an adult--in my own experience. You still have the matter of gravity taking all of your pee to the middle third of the diaper before it can be absorbed, and the middle third is quickly overwhelmed. Unless you go in slow spurts, you'll have a pool sloshing around down there and you'll have to stand still and wait for the SAP to do its work. That's the way it goes with most baby diapers. And, as I mentioned above, that (hopefully) temporary pool of urine can have a lot of its volume displaced by one's male anatomy, meaning it's easier to fill the crotch area of the diaper so quickly that you overrun the leak guards.

As boosters in adult diapers, they'll reach more of their potential, because they'll get more chances. You'll might actually use the front and back padding.

Of course, all of this also depends (somewhat) on the OP. If you're very small, then your chances of using these semi-normally are obvious way better than if you're large. But realize that most parents are changing their toddlers after 2-3 wettings, during the day, and you're probably 6-8 (or more) times the weight of a toddler. It's just not reasonable to expect to get 2-3 adult-sized wettings out of a toddler's diaper. Maybe if you wet (slowly) while standing, do the same while on your back, and then again on your tummy, but...eek! Risky. At some relatively early point, getting the most out of a baby diaper's absorbency becomes too much of a strategy game to be fun. Expect to get one careful wetting in and be pleasantly surprised if your body size/type/gender allows for more.

One bit of strategy that I will share, though: If you're a guy, and the rise of the diaper permits it, point up. Most likely the diaper will be sufficiently snug that there will be little chance of your slipping back down again. While pointed up, if you go very slowly, you will actually stand a chance of using some of the front SAP. And, what's more, there will be less of your anatomy filling the crotch area of the diaper, so there will be more room down there for the (inevitably) significant pool of urine to form. I find that if I don't do this, my chances of emptying even a single moderately-full bladder are awfully slim.

Angelic said:
I use size 6 diapers and use a heavy incontience pad in them and they can take 2-3 wettings depending on how big they are and where I wet, (e.g. On my back, stomach or playing) etc.
So girls are Lucky they can fill the pocket with stuffers while boys have their own stuffing. Since I'm a girl, what type of padding have you tried? First one that comes to mind is the Gerber prefolds. If one of those fit inside it is still authentic as a toddler product. I'm just not sure the absorption would match.
So I guess if you are in public it would be best to put a thin adult diaper over the size 6 one? I like layering.

Sent from my LGL31L using Tapatalk

I haven't tried Cruisers but I tried the Baby Dry a couple years ago as underwear stuffers, and found they were constantly leaking on me. Despite being the cheaper option from Proctor and Gamble I find Luvs to be much more effective, along with Huggies. Maybe I've just gotten more careful with letting it out in spurts, but I can get a mildly full bladder into a Huggies if I'm careful.

KimbaStarshine said:
I haven't tried Cruisers but I tried the Baby Dry a couple years ago as underwear stuffers, and found they were constantly leaking on me. Despite being the cheaper option from Proctor and Gamble I find Luvs to be much more effective, along with Huggies. Maybe I've just gotten more careful with letting it out in spurts, but I can get a mildly full bladder into a Huggies if I'm careful.
Definitely agree on Huggies. If I can be bothered to extend the tapes, I find that Huggies Overnights 6 are the least likely of all the baby diapers I regularly buy to leak on the first wetting. I still won't be trusting them with a second, but a first has a pretty high success rate. And, actually, that goes for several store brands, too. Rite Aid "Tugaboos" were quite reliable. Pity that, for those who want to tape on a baby diapers, it's kind of a Pampers-or-nothing situation right now. If Huggies brought the GoodNites elastic over to their diapers, though...

I mentioned last week that I'd acquired the largest sizes of just about every Pampers and Huggies product so that I could renew my old baby diaper size chart. Well...

Tonight, I *almost* completed all the picture-taking and measuring, and it is my unpleasant duty to report that Pampers Cruisers 7 has been reduced in size--shortened, by almost 3/4". At the time of my last measurement, these diapers were 22" long when stretched flat, the same as the Baby Dry 6, Extra Protection 6, and Luvs 6 diapers of the day. Those latter three diapers still measure 22" (actually, my latest measurements for these have them at 22-1/4"), however Cruisers 7 is now 21-5/8" long. "But wait!" you might wonder, "Are you sure you didn't mix up your numbers with Cruisers 6?" Alas! I am sure, because Cruisers 6 measures 20-3/4" long. That's almost identical to the 53cm (20.8") that I measured a couple of years ago. Why did 7 shrink while 6 remained the same? I can't imagine.

In very short: The days of Cruisers 7 are truly gone now. Don't waste your time. Not only have the legendary Cruisers elastics made their way to Baby Dry and the others, but Cruisers 7 is now shorter than every largest-size Pampers diaper except for Swaddlers 6, which is tied with Cruisers 6. Plus, these diapers are among the harder-to-find baby diapers out there, making their now-shorter size an insult to the effort required to obtain them.

And if this has you worried that Baby Dry 6 and the others might also shrink, well... for now, that doesn't appear to be happening. Most reassuringly, my package of Luvs 6 has a 2016 date code on it, and those diapers are 22-1/4" long.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back