Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Trying to 360 flip but keep Varial Kickfliping instead?

Default Trying to 360 flip but keep Varial Kickfliping instead?

I've been trying to kickflip lately but every time i try to, I end up varial kickflipping instead. any suggestions? help?
    Last edited by PetPuppyAlex; 12-Mar-2009 at 20:29.

Press "A" more and don't move the control pad

Oh wait, you mean in real life? No clue. I don't skateboard

Quote Originally Posted by Pojo View Post
    Press "A" more and don't move the control pad

Oh wait, you mean in real life? No clue. I don't skateboard
    Yes, Pojo....In real life... ._.

Are you regular or goofy man? Are you trying to just do a kickflip or are we talking about a kickflip with a 360 shove it? I read your headline... I presume you are trying to do a 360 popshove it with a kickflip in it right? Let me know please.

diaperedwolfcub.

Quote Originally Posted by diaperedwolfcub View Post
    Are you regular or goofy man? Are you trying to just do a kickflip or are we talking about a kickflip with a 360 shove it? I read your headline... I presume you are trying to do a 360 popshove it with a kickflip in it right? Let me know please.

diaperedwolfcub.
    Yeah, a 360 flip, or tre flip..is basically a 360 pop shove it with a kickflip in it. and I am a goofy.

Dang! I regular. It so hard to exlain it to the other type. This probably won't help you at all... but the best way i can describe it is set up for a 360 pop shove it. (this works for me... but it is hard to describe.) Instead of trying to drag you toe along the edge of the board, try and just flicking you toe down. So be going a regular 360 popshove it, and at the climax of your jump, (before the board starts to spin its 360, try and flicking you toe down. (You don't want to push it down, or let you foot drop... because your foot will tend to get beneath the board and it is too hard to bring it back up.

So I got it by just setting myself up for the 360 and then i give my toe a flick (kinda like in the ankle part) and then get your foot outa the way. Then just flex you toe back up and spot your landing on your board as you see it come back around. You will really have to play with how much flick you need for kicklipin the board all the way around. Hope this helps a little.

diaperedwoflcub

I'm not goofy (though I'm a lefty, hah) but what I tend to do is give my rear placing more thrust as I'm coming out of an ollie or from a transfer or something, but push down on my front placing to keep the board from flying out of control.

Sounds like you're having your feet too far spread apart, too. Try having your front placement a very tiny tad under the midpoint of your deck then have your rear placement off the edge more.

G'luck -- and btw, the kickflip is the hardest trick to learn, it took me 2 years to finally nail it without busting my lip or ear (don't ask)!

Agreed! I nailed my heelflip within a week. Kickflips just blows to get right.

diaperedwolfcub

Quote Originally Posted by diaperedwolfcub View Post
    Agreed! I nailed my heelflip within a week. Kickflips just blows to get right.

diaperedwolfcub

Other way around for me, kickflips are cake..Heelflips, forget it..

Btw, I followed that dude's advice and landed it!

Quote Originally Posted by mm3 View Post
    I'm not goofy (though I'm a lefty, hah) but what I tend to do is give my rear placing more thrust as I'm coming out of an ollie or from a transfer or something, but push down on my front placing to keep the board from flying out of control.

Sounds like you're having your feet too far spread apart, too. Try having your front placement a very tiny tad under the midpoint of your deck then have your rear placement off the edge more.

G'luck -- and btw, the kickflip is the hardest trick to learn, it took me 2 years to finally nail it without busting my lip or ear (don't ask)!
    Dude thank you SO much. It worked!