Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Huggies Pull Ups from 1988! My first vintage diaper purchase!

Talking Huggies Pull Ups from 1988! My first vintage diaper purchase!

I'm excited to share my first vintage diaper purchase on here!

These are the first generation of Huggies Pull Ups to ever come out; the originals from 1988. These are the only Pull Ups I ever wore as a child and I am ecstatic to finally have them in my possession. I like these designs as opposed to what has been put out recently by Huggies. These Pull Ups are definitely larger and thicker than the Pull Ups made today!

These are certainly a keepsake for me, a link to my childhood.

Who remembers these Pull Ups? Please post and share

I suppose those are from the jingle that will forever be in my head, "I'm a big kid now!"

Quote Originally Posted by ThatPullUpsKid88 View Post
    I'm excited to share my first vintage diaper purchase on here!

These are the first generation of Huggies Pull Ups to ever come out; the originals from 1988. These are the only Pull Ups I ever wore as a child and I am ecstatic to finally have them in my possession. I like these designs as opposed to what has been put out recently by Huggies. These Pull Ups are definitely larger and thicker than the Pull Ups made today!

These are certainly a keepsake for me, a link to my childhood.

Who remembers these Pull Ups? Please post and share
    Holy Macaroni! These are some Pull-Ups that are rare!

Quote Originally Posted by bambinod View Post
    I suppose those are from the jingle that will forever be in my head, "I'm a big kid now!"
    That jingle is equal parts nostgalgia and dread for me. Even when they're trying to help it ends up being a bit of a torment, "don't you want to be a big kid?", or "You're still not a big kid now". *sigh*

Fabulous and congrats... Make sure you keep them cool and dry (if not using them of course)

Nah of course not (not using them that is). It's just a keepsake really. They wouldn't fit me anyway

I'm not too up on when Pull-Ups were revised, but I'm pretty sure I bought my first Pull-Ups in 1989. So I may have had these, or perhaps it was the design immediately following this one. The print does look vaguely familiar, but of course I've probably seen pictures of these on the internet before.

I was a cloth baby in the 70's and went straight from diapers to undies, as was relatively common then. Nonetheless, when Pull-Ups came out, I was very interested in them. Being 12 or 13 at the time I got them, I was barely able to squeeze into them, and I don't think I bought them again for a few more years. By that time, I had to modify them to have any chance of using them, which was a bit more of a pain than modding Pampers and Huggies diapers. No Velcro sides on Pull-Ups back then!

Anyway... fun purchase! I hope you enjoy them--for whatever purpose. I've several times bought 80's- and 90's-vintage Pampers diapers off eBay with then intent of using them (sparingly), but I haven't had great luck in that regard. Even in seemingly sealed packages, the diapers haven't aged well. The padding, having been compressed for decades, no longer fluffs up, and is instead rather brittle. And, not unlike old rubber bands, the elastics on these old diapers seem very tired. They don't necessarily break easily, but when they're stretched, they seem in no hurry to return to their original size/length. I've had very good luck with vintage cloth baby diapers, though, and have amassed quite a collection.

Of course, the challenge in any vintage diaper acquisition is not spending a ton of money. With cloth, that's not too difficult, but wow! $400+ for a sealed bag of 80's/90's disposable baby diapers is rather common. You pretty much have to wait for somebody to misspell "Huggies" or put their auction in the wrong category or something, together with being oblivious to the collector/ABDL market for these. That's been my strategy so far, but I'm very patient.
    Last edited by Cottontail; 01-Aug-2016 at 19:10.