Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Do you like sarcasm and do you use it

Little ollie

Default Do you like sarcasm and do you use it

Just like to know what everyone thinks about sarcasm?

Are you a sarcastic person, do you hate sarcasm.

Do you like sarcasm in humour.

I think blunt honesty is so much more fun than sarcasm, but I certainly use Sarcasm if the situation calls for it.

What I *really* don't like is when people don't understand that you're being sarcastic... that's enough to make me want to tear my head off ):

Little ollie

Quote Originally Posted by No-One View Post
    What I *really* don't like is when people don't understand that you're being sarcastic... that's enough to make me want to tear my head off ):
    You mean like most Americans?

Well, I'm American...

So unless that was sarcasm (it would be rather awkwardly phrased sarcasm), no. Actually, I've had less success with sarcasm with people living over on the other side of the world -- Asians, English folk, German people, the French, and so on.

I think Sarcasm is the native tongue here, actually.

Of course, that's not to say I've never talked to someone who was adept at sarcasm and who happened to be non-American, or vice-versa (an American who didn't understand sarcasm). It's just statistically speaking from my limited viewpoint.

I love sarcasm and irony, when I get it. I really appreciate it as a comic method and try (if fail) to use it quite a bit. I have a love hate relationship with sarcasm - I love it but I am blind too it and it hates me for it. It is not my forte.

Sarcasm is the kind man's sardonicism.

God, I want that on a t-shirt!

I live for sarcasm.
    In case of danger, break my glass and I'll do sarcasm.
    sometimes prefer call it "intellectual insult".

I'm inclined toward sarcasm, but I think it can also just be a method to avoid making committed statements. As such, I've made an effort to use it less, but I'm not swearing off it. I certainly appreciate well-used sarcasm when I see it/hear it.

I generally avoid its use in written communication to a general audience as it often gets lost in the shuffle or serves to confuse the matter at hand.

pshh, sarcasm...

hell yea i use it. Every day. I don't use it all the time as i like to be honest and upfront, but sometimes people can't tell if im being brutally honest or sarcastic. Kinda a PITA probably because i used to be more sarcastic more often.