Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Setting in your... "Mess"

Cobaltii

Default Setting in your... "Mess"

I was wondering if sitting in your messy diaper is bad for your skin. I'm very hesitant on messing because of it.

Yes, it is sitting in a component made up of around a third digestive fluids. This substances will inflame the skin depending on the concentration in hours to seconds.

A messed diaper should be changed ASAP. In fact, it's usually better to just slowly wiggle your diaper off and use the toilet, then put the diaper back on if you wish. It just doesn't feel good to wear a messed diaper, IMO.

It varies depending on your skin, whatever barrier product you might be using, if any, and the composition of the mess itself. It's certainly not going to make things any better, so I'd suggest starting conservatively to see where your tolerances lie.

Bear in mind babies manage just fine messing their diapers, although attentive parents don't let them linger in them for very long.

Depends on how sensitive your skin is, and the barrier cream your using.

Making a poop and sitting in it for a little while is not going to hurt you. Prolonged periods are where your going to get diaper rash.

The longest that I sit in mine is about 10 minutes. 1) I don't want a rash, and 2) it stinks XD

If you like diapers, it is he natural next step to try, some enjoy it and do it often and some could live without it.

Your best bet in trying it is to use a true barrier cream rather than a rash cream, a good barrier cream will be applied and left to dry before diapering , things like Desitin or A&D are rash creams and contain petroleum jelly base with zinc oxide and some kind of fragrance, both petroleum jelly and zinc oxide will block wetness however they will also lock wetness in if you are not completely dry when applied, also petroleum anything is deadly to Plastic pants many with IC will get prescriptions from there Doctor for straight zinc oxide ( it is very hard to spread) when you see lifeguards with white noses that's pure zinc ,rash cream will also plug the pores on the top sheet and can give you uneven absorption, if you plan a mess to try it a rash cream is netter than nothing , if you enjoy it and don't mind the clean up consider getting a good barrier cream for future use.

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Cobaltii View Post
    I was wondering if sitting in your messy diaper is bad for your skin. I'm very hesitant on messing because of it.
    If messing is your 'thing', I'd say at the top of the list of things bad is: what will anyone near me have to endure ?

Quote Originally Posted by FluffyMastiff View Post
    The longest that I sit in mine is about 10 minutes. 1) I don't want a rash, and 2) it stinks XD
    Yesterday I had a mega poopy "blow-out" diaper mess.
    The poopy mess overflowed and massively dirtied the inside of my pants.
    Not fun sitting in my mess driving home from a very important meeting.
    Yes, it took me a while to clean up and change into a clean dry diaper.

Quote Originally Posted by caitianx View Post
    Yesterday I had a mega poopy "blow-out" diaper mess.
    The poopy mess overflowed and massively dirtied the inside of my pants.
    Not fun sitting in my mess driving home from a very important meeting.
    Yes, it took me a while to clean up and change into a clean dry diaper.

Aw man.. That's horrible and sucks

The blow-out messes can be fun... when it's at an opportune time
    Dirtying pants sounds like it would be fun on very rare occasions though... I might have to go buy some really cheap pants to do that, so I do take a chance of ruining my everyday $50 pants.