Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What's the best diaper currently on the market?

Default What's the best diaper currently on the market?

After 2 weeks of adulting and responsibilites, I got paid. Yay! I'm looking to buy some good diapers because right now I'm using the Walgreens brand ones. However, I don't know what to get. Hopefully you guys can provide some insight.

I want a diaper that has good absorbency, is poofy, swells up quite a bit when it's wet, and is comfy. I realize that I'm describing most of the diapers on the market, but I don't really know what I'm looking for. Also, I love the cute designs but it doesn't make a difference if the diapers have them or not. I'm focused more on functionality but if it's a really good diaper and has cute designs too, I couldn't be happier.

If someone could give me the pros and cons of some diapers, I would really appreciate it. Thank you so much for your help (>^_^)>

I think the answer to your question is more personal preference than fact. Personally I prefer ABU products and I feel as though they fit your description very nicely. I can't really say anything bad about them aside from them being a bit costly at around 2$ each if you get a case. I feel they are worth it and you really get what you pay for in my opinion. If you haven't tried any of their diapers then I highly recommend that you do.

I think you would be more than happy with either a Rearz or ABU product. Both companies provide diapers that are really well built and have a wide range of great designs and styles.

If money is no object then I'd recommend the Rearz. They are awesomely absorbent and soft. The ABU diapers are a seriously close second, though I don't feel like they are as soft as the Rearz brand.

What if I'm on a tight budget? (I'm an artist paying off one out of two loans). Any recommendations?

The best diaper is the one that keeps you comfortable wearing and accidental leakage relatively rare.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by DeeSapphire View Post
    What if I'm on a tight budget? (I'm an artist paying off one out of two loans). Any recommendations?
    figure out how often you need, use generic stuffers and budget briefs.

You'll have the experiment around and do a comparison with how many of a certain diaper you use per day compared to their cost and see what the overall cost is. Cost per brief is a nice metric but doesn't tell all. If I go buy crappy Depends at the store near me I'll be paying around $1.10 per brief and going through like 7 or 8 of them per day. However if I order a case of Abena L4 for example I'll pay around $1.58 per brief but when I'm only going through like 3 or 4 of those per day it will cost less in the long run because I'm using half and they aren't twice the price. ($8.80 vs $6.32 average daily cost.)

I'd look into Tranquility and Abena as brands that are pretty good at cost effectiveness.

Definitely ABU Pawz/Space/Simple will fit your brief and worthwhile spoiling yourself with!

ABU and Bambino have good diapers in the sub-$2/pc range. The SDK/Cushies is probably the cheapest premium-capacity/thickness diaper available right now.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by yoshiDL View Post
    I think you would be more than happy with either a Rearz or ABU product. Both companies provide diapers that are really well built and have a wide range of great designs and styles.
    And yes those are probably the top two. Bambino would be a close 3rd.

I'd just like to add on that if you purchase a case of diapers, instead of buying per pack, it will be significantly cheaper.

ABU Simple cost:
    Pack of 10 is $32.99 at $3.29 per piece.
    Half a case of 40 is $79.99 at $2.00 per piece.
    Case of 80 is $149.99 at $1.87 per piece.

The printed ones are approximately $5.00 more.