Who is liable for the damage?

Status
Not open for further replies.

JoshuaH

Est. Contributor
In a production warehouse of the company that I am currently employed with, we produce drum-dried fruits/vegetables and other drum-dried consumable food items; whom would be liable for damages of a vehicle in that faculty's parking lot when the damage of the vehicle is being caused by the drum-dried product(s) escaping through the ventilation system, the owner of the vehicle or the company that operates(owns) the production warehouse?

JoshuaH said:
In a production warehouse of the company that I am currently employed with, we produce drum-dried fruits/vegetables and other drum-dried consumable food items; whom would be liable for damages of a vehicle in that faculty's parking lot when the damage of the vehicle is being caused by the drum-dried product(s) escaping through the ventilation system, the owner of the vehicle or the company that operates(owns) the production warehouse?

I would have to say the owner of the company that operates is responsible for damages caused by company products especially if the vehicle is in the parking lot if it is a company vehicle

If the Vehicle damaged, was instructed to park where the damage occurred, it is the company's responsibility,

If the vehicle was parked in an area, were the company can assert that they gave no instruction or indication this was an acceptable parking area, I believe that would be the Vehicles Owner's fault.

just out of curiosity, what type of damage are we talking?

Fruits and veggies are being sucked up into the HVAC system and shot out into the parking lot? Damn! I'd be running for my life! But yeah, what MommyandMattling said.

The specific product, I will not name as stating it, would possibly make my identity known; however, it is an oat-based product that may be free of Gluten or not, depending on the current order being produced that day(week).

With it not being the Gluten-free version, it has caused 'flake shadows' on my vehicle paint.

The damage is similiar to 'hard water spots' of glass and dishware; but, isn't being abled to be removed by washing.

JoshuaH said:
....The damage is similiar to 'hard water spots' of glass and dishware; but, isn't being abled to be removed by washing.

Try vinegar. White vinegar is able to break down hard water spots without damage to paint or clear coat. You may have success with this. Wash and dry a small affected area thoroughly, then apply some vinegar to a soft rag and try washing a small spot with it. Rinse and dry and see if your spots have come out. If it has worked, you can mix a 50/50 blend of vinegar and water in a bucket and use it to wash your car.

Llayden said:
Try vinegar. White vinegar is able to break down hard water spots without damage to paint or clear coat. You may have success with this. Wash and dry a small affected area thoroughly, then apply some vinegar to a soft rag and try washing a small spot with it. Rinse and dry and see if your spots have come out. If it has worked, you can mix a 50/50 blend of vinegar and water in a bucket and use it to wash your car.

White Vinegar didn't work completely in the area that I tested during my first break on my shift last night. It did make the area that I tested smoother but, the 'spots' still exist.

I did find through searching for information while on my breaks, that the damage could be from the product combining with water(Dew), drying as the sun rose during the days of the week that 'we' were producing the product, producing what Detailers call "etching" as an end result. Etching, in this case, is basically the water once combined with the product leaving the surface while burning down to the surface, simultaneously.

This picture below, is a visual of what the damage may be.

Types-of-Water-Marks.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back