Not open for further replies.

AngelicaPickles

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Sissy
  3. Little
  4. Incontinent
Some people don't mind but others unless you have to wear it's not cool and they think you some type of weirdo

When did it become unacceptable to wear diapers?

After age 4.
And before age 70.
Medical exempt.

Last edited:
As someone into diapers, I can say that it is weird. It's not bad or anything, and I'm not hurting anyone, but I feel it's something quite personal I don't particularly want to share with people who know me IRL, like my friends or my family.
I'm fairly sure the majority of people don't even know what DLs are. It's honestly not quite surprising that the vast majority of people find it weird to wear diapers, and especially use them. If you crap yourself next to a random stranger and they notice, odds are, they'll be... Bothered, at the least. And even if you're a grown adult with full continence and people see your clean diapers, it could bring that connotation with it.
I don't think most strangers would really care about diapers though, they might figure that you need them for medical purposes. I think there's quite little people who really give a damn that people are into this, and actively spout their hate for DLs. These people shouldn't even be bothered with, because they're just ignorant and have nothing better to do, probably under the misconceptions that we're pedophiles. Or the fact that some (me included) actually purposefully partake in voiding their bodily wastes on themselves could gross them out, which I completely understand.
Again, as long as it doesn't affect others, I see nothing wrong with it. But from the standpoint of someone who isn't into this stuff, this is weird. Not worth trying to demerit, and to me, not worth everyone knowing this part of me.

It's just underwear to me

Buhha said:
When Did Become unacceptable To Wear Diappers
Oh, come now. Is this really a mystery? Wearing diapers without need has never been acceptable. Diapers were created to solve a problem that most of us don't have, so... :shrug:... It really goes without saying that our particular use of diapers is going to be unacceptable (or just weird) to the non-ABDL masses.

Buhha said:
It's just underwear to me

Calling diapers "underwear" is a bit like calling a bandage on your finger a ring. Sorry, but diapers are not underwear. Pull-ups aren't even underwear. Thinking of those things as underwear is just totally ignoring their purpose and trying to put lipstick on a pig. Try to like the pig without the lipstick. It doesn't need any.

Cottontail said:
Oh, come now. Is this really a mystery? Wearing diapers without need has never been acceptable. Diapers were created to solve a problem that most of us don't have, so... :shrug:... It really goes without saying that our particular use of diapers is going to be unacceptable (or just weird) to the non-ABDL masses.

Calling diapers "underwear" is a bit like calling a bandage on your finger a ring. Sorry, but diapers are not underwear. Pull-ups aren't even underwear. Thinking of those things as underwear is just totally ignoring their purpose and trying to put lipstick on a pig. Try to like the pig without the lipstick. It doesn't need any.

What is diaper to you?

As long as people refrain from pulling out a gun and shooting you for dropping a deuce we are all good to go, it seems like that is becoming everyone's answer to any perplexing question , instead of thinking things out using logic and reasoning they are handing out lead poisoning for everything. I reserve the right to be IC , it happens, moving on with life and making fun and fantasy out of a chore is just adapting and over coming.

There is no curing stupid yet everyone seems to be doing it.

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk

In my eyes diapers are the better version of underwear... its super soft and confortable and you dont need to seek for a toilet and if you dont "flood" them you stay "dry" nothing wrong with that in my eyes but yeah its the same with underwear ...few years ago everybody was wearing the pantys...when i was going to shool my mom got me boxers because when we had sport or swimming... they laught about kids in pantys and said "you wear a diaper"...but it was normal underwear ..but u know cool kids and stuff :rolleyes:

It happened around 1922 : The British Civil Aviation Authority was established and hyperinflation in Germany saw the value of the Papiermark against the dollar rise to 1,000. Combine that with the broadcasting license fee of ten shillings being introduced to the United Kingdom it was a matter of time.

It was madness! I mean, ten shillings for a broadcasting license fee?! If you were wearing a diaper back then it went from okie dokie to a faux pas due to it being represented as a bragging of one's wealth. After years of it continuing like this it fell into what was normal and accepted. Children were born into this post-shillings world and now we just don't wanna see waddling.

Personally, I blame Howard Carter and Lord Carnarvon entering the tomb of Pharaoh Tutankhamun - it hadn't happened for over 3,000 years! D:

Buhha said:
Some people don't mind but others unless you have to wear it's not cool and they think you some type of weirdo

In my own thoughts that some people regard that wearing diapers was weird, it's basically because diapers itself first is designed for infants, there is possibility of it being stamped labeling for every person that "for what wear diapers, we can use the toilet room" so that become a statute for every person that wear diapers just for babies and weird to wear diapers in for adults. The use of diapers in adults begin to occur when the diapers for the elderly was created, some people finally trying to wear diapers without any weird impression.

*Alexis

The way I see it, its a sickness, I am sick. Its not a sickness that affects me in any the way, but it sure is a sickness to be a DL, especially one who has sexualised feelings associated with the object in question. I can try and glorify it, see it as a sign of independence and free thought, or dress it up anyway I want.Its still a sickness and an abnormal psychological / physiological thing to have. Glorifying my dis-ease doesnt make the disease go away or be any better. or more normal.

Cereal, I laughed pretty hard at that. And I LOVE pigs without the lipstick. Some bacon with eggs sounds really good, right now.

LittleICme said:
When did it become unacceptable to wear diapers?

After age 4.
And before age 70.
Medical exempt.

Guilty. Toilet trained very late (6-ish) and then untrained. Failed on both counts.

Buhha said:
What is diaper to you?

Well, first and foremost, diapers are diapers--to me and to most.

And helmets are helmets, not hats. Yes, both are worn on your head, but we distinguish them because getting into a motorcycle crash with an ordinary hat on would be rather ungood.

Sometimes we see diapers referred to as "briefs" or "absorbent underwear" on product packaging. These are what you call "euphemisms," or terms that are abused to describe something else so that the something else seems less bad. Generally, though, people know what they're buying. Plus, here on ADISC, we like diapers, so... wheeee! No need for euphemisms, right?

Lol cereal you absolutely right it's the fault of the man it all like this. They should have never awakened the wrath of tutankhamun!

I wanna know why it's not ok for adults to like baby things, play with toys and wear diapers! What is this world coming to! It should be ok, it's harmless but unless you are harming real children or other people then it's bad, but if you are not, it's fine, you AREjust being yourself. It's depressing that it has come to this and people thinks it's pedophilia, it's very saddening!

As a huge advocate of the whole "Like 'em? Wear 'em." mentality, I can still clearly see the other side of the coin.

Although I think it's possible for certain parts of the stigma to be greatly lessened, choosing to wear diapers instead of the toilet will never be a 'boxers or briefs' type decision. It is a bit strange to those who aren't us, no matter how far we come. The bright side is that wearing diapers is completely fine and nothing to be ashamed of, just as long as you are aware of and respectful to others who may not understand.

I believe in a future where people's minds continue to open and mind more and more of their own business. No, the AB/DL umbrella is not comparable to the LBGT community in either magnitude or importance to humankind, but hopefully people will understand that some people can be different without being harmful. I also hope that the stigma of diapers / incontinence Pull Ups in general will lift at some point, to allow those with all forms and levels of bladder and bowel conditions to be able to accept themselves, not be embarrassed, and to allow them to live normal lives without worry. This also goes for all of the younger men and women that don't understand how wearing protection eliminates anxiety of being near a toilet, and to consider lighter forms of incontinence products for peace of mind on commutes, for events, etc. This doesn't mean using them on purpose, but rather having them just in case.

Diapers, poop, and pee will constantly be something that everyone continues to be on a playground level about. Some maturity would go a long way in our society.

Diapers consume a significant percentage of landfill space. I mean, my trash is 80% diapers by volume.
The fact of the matter is if every adult wore a diaper, they'd be everywhere, a disaster, our oceans would be one giant pit of gel.

If you don't need'm, don't wear'm. Need being subjective of course.

MickeyM said:
Diapers consume a significant percentage of landfill space. I mean, my trash is 80% diapers by volume.
The fact of the matter is if every adult wore a diaper, they'd be everywhere, a disaster, our oceans would be one giant pit of gel.

If you don't need'm, don't wear'm. Need being subjective of course.

There is an option for terry towels for both adults and babies alike, you just need to know where to look! Babies are being put back into terry towering but I am sure that disposable diapers are still going to exist! I am too concerned about the environment but at the same time I need to take care of my emotional need to have diapers which unfortunately I have to use disposables, I would consider trying cloth when I move out and have money but I grew up in disposables!

I worry about the landfill too. Cloth-backed diapers are presumably a bit better - and cloth maybe better still - though that is open to debate.

The thing is there is a different way of looking at it - what if your hobby was fast cars, boats or planes? That would maybe be worse.

If on one level it is a hobby - then a lot of hobbies have an environmental impact.

With the other question maybe it will get better for us when people see adult and child nappies as two different things - and wearing adult nappies is more acceptable to people who need them. It is ridiculous at the moment that some people who actually need them are so hung up about wearing them that they refuse - or won't admit it.

Also people can't logically moan that they are associated with a fear of getting old and a fear of being associated with children at the same time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back