Thread: So a plane crashed in my neighborhood and...

Default So a plane crashed in my neighborhood and...

FCAT (the state exams) are postponed for a day. Pro: I get 3 days off instead of 2 (they allow juniors and seniors to stay home because we have already taken it). Con: Senior died in the plane crash doing his senior project. I didn't know the guy, so it doesn't really affect me, but it was serious enough to get the big wigs in the state to postpone our exams.

Plane crash article:

Aerobatic pilot, teen die in Pasco plane crash during practice - St. Petersburg Times

FCAT canceled article:

State allows Zephyrhills High to postpone FCAT after plane crash claims popular student

This reminds me of the drunk driving accident that happened two days before the government diploma exams were set to start a few years back when I was in high school. Basically 10 teens piled into a pickup truck after a bush party, lets just say it ended badly. Four dead, four others severly injured. I also didn't know any of them very well atleast.

My diploma exams went on as planned. However, if you didn't show up for the exams, then you were automatically excused from the exam. If you didn't show up for the exams, you didn't have to make it up at a later date either, though you could if you wanted to.

I think it worked this way because it was a small community, so it wasn't hard for almost everyone in the community to be pretty upset about at least one person that was in the accident.

That really is a terrible tragedy, but I find the headline here rather quirky. It seems to be implying that the FCATs were postponed because the student was popular... so had an unpopular student been killed, things would be going on as normal.

Quote Originally Posted by woof View Post
    That really is a terrible tragedy, but I find the headline here rather quirky. It seems to be implying that the FCATs were postponed because the student was popular... so had an unpopular student been killed, things would be going on as normal.
    They would >_>