Thread: Best time to buy?

Default Best time to buy?

I was going to refill my stock today, but I freaked out because the Stop N' Shop and Rite Aid was filled with people... at 11:42 AM. On a Tuesday. Don't these people work? Or did they all lose their jobs due to the economy?

Anyway, when is the best time to go 'on a run'?

They might have been busier close to noon because it could have been their lunch break, I know lots of people that get 11am-12pm off for lunch, instead of 12pm-1pm. If I buy in a store, I always either buy right when they open, or right before they close. There's no people, or almost no people in the drug store I go to at those times.

Honestly I just walk in and get what I want unless there's to many people.

go like right before they close. try 15 minutes before so they're not trying to close the doors on you. that also gives you plenty of time to look around.

BabyWolf

Typically around 2 or 3 PM is when they're least busy. People who work are at work, and parents are picking up their kids from school. Otherwise, late at night.

EmeraldsAndLime

Not sure about those particular shops you mentioned, nor about regional variations in shopping habits, but after having worked in a supermarket for over 3 years, the least busy times are weekdays - about mid-morning when everyone is settling into work and some people are still in bed, 1-3pm (people are back at work from their lunch break, kids are still in school and parents are waiting for them there) and right when the store opens or about 15-20mins before they close.

Friday evenings between 5:30 and 9PM, everyone is either on their way home, or at the bar, stores are typically dead around then. The 2 to 3 PM suggestion was a good one as well...all the soccer moms are picking up the kids.

-Gus

Quote Originally Posted by Angusmac View Post
    Friday evenings between 5:30 and 9PM, everyone is either on their way home, or at the bar, stores are typically dead around then. The 2 to 3 PM suggestion was a good one as well...all the soccer moms are picking up the kids.

-Gus

Those are both pretty good times to go. From what I've seen, at least around me, Sunday morning around 9:00 AM is a pretty good time to go as stores around me are pretty empty. My guess as to why is that those who wanted to sleep in on Sunday are still sleeping, the church-goers are at church, and the "weekend warriors" are already out playing golf, or skiing, or fishing or participating in whatever their weekend activity of choice is.

I've always bought at like 3 or 4am. But last time I went around 6 or 7pm.... but my friend was with me, she helped make it not so nervous, but kinda like a big joke.