Does anyone still wear Attends in North America?

Status
Not open for further replies.

thickdiapers

Loving diapers since 1974!
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Incontinent
I am curious to know if anyone from North America on this forum still uses Attends?

I mention N.A. because the European / Asian Attends are better.

I ordered a bag of plastic backed classic Attends, and nearly every one of them had a tape defect. It looks like when they folded the diaper, the tapes came undone and stuck to the inside of the diaper. Same thing happened about six months ago to me, but I thought maybe I just had a bad batch. In addition, it seems like they are cutting the plastic shorter-- these barely came up to my waist. I wound up throwing away the rest of the bag (which I hate doing).

Its really unfortunate.. Attends used to be such a good brand. I used to use their cheap institutional ones back in the late '90s to early 2000's, and even they were decent.

Sorry for the rant, just had to get that off my chest.

I still use them for lighter needs when I don't want to waste a premium one. But my batch was purchased about 4 years ago. I got a case and use them sparingly. I have an occasional tape issue, but I attribute that to their age more than anything else.

I wear Attends Overnight Briefs for the night. There pretty good.

I do, but only becouse I recently bought some for less the $10 a case. There not terrible in my opinion, however; they are far from premium.

Occasionally, not a big fan of the cloth backed, but I'll use the poly backed with stuffers sometimes, and occasionally I'll get the waistband variety.

They're terrible beside the overnight version. The waistband briefs are horrible, they have little to no capacity really. They're no better than the rest.

I actually have am unopened vintage bag of the waistband briefs. They were awesome back in the day.

I'll never buy any current Attends diapers again until I hear some sort of miracle.

MeTaLMaNN1983 said:
They're terrible beside the overnight version. The waistband briefs are horrible, they have little to no capacity really. They're no better than the rest.

I actually have am unopened vintage bag of the waistband briefs. They were awesome back in the day.

I'll never buy any current Attends diapers again until I hear some sort of miracle.

So the overnight ones are better right?

I bought a case of Attends Waistband recently on sale. I needed a replacement for Depends Protection with Tabs now that they've gone to clothlike covers. I like the plastic shell of Attends and the tapes are substantial but that's about as much as there is good to say about them. I knew they wouldn't hold much but the clumping of the padding is worse than I remembered and the lack of standing leak guards is an additional hazard. I'll be looking for something else to fill the slot for an acceptable thin diaper.

Trevor said:
I bought a case of Attends Waistband recently on sale. I needed a replacement for Depends Protection with Tabs now that they've gone to clothlike covers. I like the plastic shell of Attends and the tapes are substantial but that's about as much as there is good to say about them. I knew they wouldn't hold much but the clumping of the padding is worse than I remembered and the lack of standing leak guards is an additional hazard. I'll be looking for something else to fill the slot for an acceptable thin diaper.

Come again?????

He's said he put them in a thin low assorbency diaper since they are cheap and depends moved to cloth back recently.

- - - Updated - - -

@ trevor, if you can live without waistbands... first quality ib briefs are a good substitute.

@ trevor, if you can live without waistbands... first quality ib briefs are a good substitute.

Totally agree. The plastic and tapes are great on those. Perfect diaper to add stuffers to.

I only use them for the crinkle factor. I use them outside of thicker, more substantial diapers. They are probably the crinkliest diapers out there. I also like that they are plain white and have good tapes. I agree, however, that other than aesthetics, they are virtually worthless.

Attends have one of the best form factors. There are several shapes that you see with various diaper designs. But the Attends shape is unique. They are are also longer then most with mediums at 34" long while most other mediums are under 30" long. But, they really need inserts to become serious diapers. And as I have noted elsewhere, A medium attends and a bambino insert come in at about $1.40, which is not a bad price point.

I only wear the Breathables Extra Absorbency. When I wear plsatic back I usually go for a different brand.

I had a stroke at the end of February and we'll in the hospital I used close to whole case myself with the Nurses coming in to change me every half hour, among other problems that contributed my blood was to thick so I had 2 large bore IV'S running wide open into me combined with all the oral fluids they were pushing my bed was a disaster, I am a heavy wetter normally but at the hospital I had less than zero control , and even changing every half hour my 5 X S a day cath to drain the residual the Nurses had to juggle urinals really fast when I was cathed otherwise they would overflow resulting in getting everything changed send washed down, the Nurses were so nice, always saying don't worry about all the work they had to do with me, it's there job and that's why they are there, but I always feel like a burden when I make work for others, I'm only 48 if I was double that I could accept it but being this young and needing so much help, it bothers me, I used to do the same job and never minded heavy patient care, but when your on that side of the rail it's just hard.

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back