Does wearing diapers makes your skin more sensitive?

Status
Not open for further replies.

isidro

Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Incontinent
Hi everyone,

I've been wearing diapers to bed for about 7 years right now. I am a man, 34 years old. I have always used cream in order to prevent diaper rash. However, I've noticed that my skin is getting more sensitive then it used to be. Initially, I was able to wear diapers for several days in a row without using diaper rash cream. I didn't get any redness or burn sensation in the morning... However, if I ever wear a diaper right now and I do not apply diaper rash or any other kind of cream, it is sure in the morning I should get an irritated skin in the diaper area... Does this happens to anyone else? I get the impression my skin is getting more and more delicate... I also try to avoid trimming or shaving in that area. Even though they say that a hairless skin is the best way to avoid irritations. Any advice? Thank you!

Isidro

I think that has been happening to me too. I used baby powder on my inner thighs where the diaper goes and I have had a slight rash there, maybe I am allergic or need to use barrier cream...

I make an oil formula with 4 parts cold pressed sesame oil, 1 part vitamin e oil, and 1 part need oil. This oil is excellent for curing and preventing diaper rash. It is totally natural and treats just about every kind of skin problem. With daily use for six months, it even completely removes blackheads, pre-melanoma hard spots, and wrinkles. It will also prevent bruises if used immediately after an injury.

DyperDave said:
I make an oil formula with 4 parts cold pressed sesame oil, 1 part vitamin e oil, and 1 part need oil. This oil is excellent for curing and preventing diaper rash. It is totally natural and treats just about every kind of skin problem. With daily use for six months, it even completely removes blackheads, pre-melanoma hard spots, and wrinkles. It will also prevent bruises if used immediately after an injury.

Ta for this, what is need oil though?

When I went 24/7 my continence nurse told me to use plenty of sudocreme every time I change to help with skin problems that will occcur.

I've been wearing every night for 2 years and sometimes 24/7 for 2-3 in a row
The key is not to stay in a wet diaper to long, also at night I useally put desitine over my butt and under side area, not to much but just enough. (I'm a male)
If I'm going on a 24/7 day I'll using Vaseline on my butt, under area up to my pubic line in front, again light coat.
I use to get a small rash on my inner side but nothing lately, I also keep my area hair free (razor) and when I change I use 3 wipes minimum on a wet diaper, actually scrubbing with the wipe.
I've found huggies wipes to be the best wipes, the pampers wipes kinda fall apart on me

I agree, changing often and a good barrier cream help. Just be careful if using petroleum jelly like Vaseline. It can break down the plastics used in diapers (as well as condoms for that matter) and could lead to a leak in the diaper. Use just a little if at all.

if you are a regular diaper wearer, as a lifestyle or for incontinence, you will deal with rashes. I've been wearing diapers my whole life, and I've had an ongoing battle with diaper rash my whole life!

you need to find a solution that works for you, products and habits that reduce rashy days and make the area more comfortable

I've been dealing with a bad jock itch for the past year that I'm not sure is entirely unrelated to diaper wearing.

If I don't resist scratching that itch the nappy rash is sure to happen.

Sheik said:
I've been dealing with a bad jock itch for the past year that I'm not sure is entirely unrelated to diaper wearing.

Use a libral amount of zeesorb AF in the creases on both sides, every change. Works great for me.

Treat your skin like you are IC.
We use barrier cream rather than rash cream , the difference is barrier cream is rubbed in and allowed to dry before applying your diaper, rash cream used routinely does not provide protection it actually hurts you by not allowing your skin to build a natural resistance to moisture, I randomly apply rash cream once a week just to nurture my skin ( I have a jar of everything you can think of, and grab one randomly).

Your body will build a natural protection against the constant moisture and wetness if you let it,once it does apply a good barrier cream when you will be in the wetness for a prolonged period without the ability to change.

Rash cream should only be used when you have an actual rash or to occasionally nourish your skin.

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk

So crazy thing, I have a form of psoriasis that causes irritation redness and peeling at certain places on my skin notably the bridge of my nose/eyebrows but also in a few less visible areas. I have been wearing for a few weeks now and I anticipated that it would make the situation worse but it actually cleared up almost entirely since I have been wearing diapers each night. It really surprised me since I have tried nearly everything I could find to help but then I start wearing diapers to bed and suddenly its fine. So weird...

I rarely get any rashes and I almost never use powder or cream when diapering up. I am sure that wearing diapers does have some kind of reaction on your skin though.

Argent said:
Ta for this, what is need oil though?
I wonder if it was meant to be "neem" oil, i dont know much about it in detail but ive heard about its uses in the horticulture industry for years.
Good for a wide range of plant problems

Acan said:
So crazy thing, I have a form of psoriasis that causes irritation redness and peeling at certain places on my skin notably the bridge of my nose/eyebrows but also in a few less visible areas.

Yeah, "severe eyebrow dandruff".... fun, ain't it? :p

bambinod said:
Yeah, "severe eyebrow dandruff".... fun, ain't it? :p
Yeah totally accept I can't wear dark shirts without looking like I just walked in from a snowstorm. Aside from that...:laugh:

I find not cleaning enough down there makes it more sensitive because diaper rash sometimes, also sometimes some cloth like diapers will too

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back