Please help me decide my next diapers purchase

Status
Not open for further replies.

DLMunky

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
I am torn and in need of some suggestions. I recently placed an order with Abu for 3 packs of Sdk and a pack of Cushies (in transit) with the intent on wearing them to work. That is what I'm looking for, diapers I can wear to work without feeling like everyone knows. I have worn Bellissimos to work but only when I am mostly by myself, otherwise I think they would be too thick? I guess that depends on if my uniform pants fit loose enough. I want something that will last all day but not make me waddle.
Here's what my stash currently consists of:

Abena M4 = 74
Absorbency Plus = 1
ABU Cushies v1 = 1
ABU Cushies v2 = (10 in transit)
ABU Pawz = 35
ABU SDK v1= 7
ABU SDK v2 = (30 in transit)
ABU Space = 35
Active Ultra Plus = 13
Attends = 24
Bambino Bellissimo = 52
Bambino Teddy = 20
Bambino Classico = 1
Cuddlz = 1
DC Idyl = 1
Fabine = 2
MyDiaper animal = 3
NorthShore Supremes = 1
Promise = 3
Rearz spoiled = 1
Snuggies Waddler = 2
Tena Slip Maxi = 15
Tykables Overnight= 06
Always Discreet = 2

Space/Littlepawz are too thick (as is anything from Rearz) and Abena don't hold enough. I have $76.29 left to spend on my next purchase so here are some of my thoughts:

More Tykables (40 for $75.00)?
Barebums (30 for $68.95)? *I have not tried these yet*
Awwsocute (30 maybe)? *been a long time since I tried 1*
OR what? Any suggestions?

What keeps the dry 24/7 off the list?

Are you ordering all these diapers?! Wow! You have a lot of cash to blow, by the looks of things, ABDL diapers are expensive!

I am a big fan of the Northshore myself, that is my go to diaper for traveling, it replaced the Abena M4 because for my needs the Northshore has better front end than the Abena's.

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk

I'd suggest the ID SLIP for sale at XP Medical. They are very similar to what the Tena Maxi were and they are plastic backed. New careful though as they have both a Plastic backed and cloth backed. The plastic backed version is a pretty plain diaper, but comparable to Tena Slip Maxi, which were said to be the perfect middle diaper. They are also inexpensive.

I like the Dry 24/7 purely for its capability as my go to for long length of time. For comfort and absorbancy I like Aw So Cute.

whiskeybravo said:
What keeps the dry 24/7 off the list?

I have not tried them in a long time (since they were new) have they improved the tapes? Could be a viable option.

- - - Updated - - -

Angelic said:
Are you ordering all these diapers?! Wow! You have a lot of cash to blow, by the looks of things, ABDL diapers are expensive!

All of those diapers are in my stash already.

- - - Updated - - -

MeTaLMaNN1983 said:
I'd suggest the ID SLIP for sale at XP Medical. They are very similar to what the Tena Maxi were and they are plastic backed. New careful though as they have both a Plastic backed and cloth backed. The plastic backed version is a pretty plain diaper, but comparable to Tena Slip Maxi, which were said to be the perfect middle diaper. They are also inexpensive.

Are they more absorbent than the Tena maxi diapers? I just sold 3 packs of Tena slip maxi on ebay, that's how I have money for my other purchases.

- - - Updated - - -

Barnboy said:
I like the Dry 24/7 purely for its capability as my go to for long length of time. For comfort and absorbancy I like Aw So Cute.

How do the Dry 24/7 compare to others in thickness? Are they thicker than the Awwsocute? I do remember the one (and only one) Awwsocute I tried being comfy and decently absorbent but don't know if they would hold up to 8 hours of use.

XP Medical has a capacity of 4000ml on the cloth backed versions.

The Dry 24/7 is the most absorbent diaper I have ever tried. I have worn when driving 1100 miles straight and for over 20 hours. They are thick and pretty comfortable, but can get hot in this weather and are a bit stiff compared to some of the others. When wet, they also can swell up a bit so depending on what you plan to do while wearing, you need to take that into in consideration. It will let you know you are wearing something, but for me, more the reason for its confidence inspiring. The Awwsocute is very absorbent, not as much as a dry 24/7 but maybe in line with an Abina M4. It is soft and possibly the most comfortable fitting, for me, of the premiums diapers I have tried.

Looking at XpMedical I can order: a pack of Dry 24/7, a pack of Seni Quatro and a pack of iD slip within my budget ($68.85 total). I'm not sure about the Seni Quatro because they are cloth-like but they sound really good otherwise and still wondering if the Dry 24/7 are too thick for wearing to work.

- - - Updated - - -

Tetra said:
I am a big fan of the Northshore myself, that is my go to diaper for traveling, it replaced the Abena M4 because for my needs the Northshore has better front end than the Abena's.

I thought about Northshore Supremes too but I have tried at least 4 samples (8 diapers) and just can't decide if I like them or not. I will say this much, they are better than Abena and if I had to do it all over again I would rather have 5 packs of them in my closet instead of the Abenas I do have.

**Update** Just showed my wife Abu Lavender diapers and she liked them. That being said I had to place another order at Abu, can't wait to see her in one!

DLMunky said:
I have not tried them in a long time (since they were new) have they improved the tapes? Could be a viable option.

- - - Updated - - -

All of those diapers are in my stash already.

- - - Updated - - -

Are they more absorbent than the Tena maxi diapers? I just sold 3 packs of Tena slip maxi on ebay, that's how I have money for my other purchases.

- - - Updated - - -

How do the Dry 24/7 compare to others in thickness? Are they thicker than the Awwsocute? I do remember the one (and only one) Awwsocute I tried being comfy and decently absorbent but don't know if they would hold up to 8 hours of use.

I either got better at the tapes, or I have a later stockpile, I'm not sure. Either way, I find dry 24/7s to be a product that you wear for a longer time. It's a little thicker dry then the Northshore supreme, but a wet Northshore bulges way more in the front of the crotch. So, I just wear loose shorts, and leave it at that

whiskeybravo said:
Either way, I find dry 24/7s to be a product that you wear for a longer time. It's a little thicker dry then the Northshore supreme, but a wet Northshore bulges way more in the front of the crotch. So, I just wear loose shorts, and leave it at that

Likewise! I've switched to Dry 24/7s as my daily go-to (and overnight), and I can normally get away 1 during the day and 1 during the night, or if my bladder is going nuts, 2 a day. They actually say you should only need 2-3 a day unlike with others on their little writeup on the bag. Who knew, truth in packaging, haha.

As far as visibility, you can't wear tight-fitting clothes with them but jeans are no problem, and as whiskeybravo said, loose fitting shorts work fine. I've even worn dress slacks over them without anyone noticing (although there is a bit of an audible crinkle, you can only hear it when it's utterly silent and you're walking down a narrow hallway).

How much does the diaper hold and how many times do you pee a day, I wear diapers that last for 2 wettings and I go between 2 wettings an hour if I drank a lot, usually once every hour when I drink what I normally do, if a neglect drinking it can be once every 3 hours and that just stinks, literally, if you know what I mean!

DLMunky said:
I'm not sure about the Seni Quatro because they are cloth-like but they sound really good otherwise
As someone who absolutely hates cloth-like (or maybe more accurately, the recent trend of diapers going to cloth-like at the expense of plastic backed), I actually don't mind the seni quatro at all. It's decently thick, absorbs on par with a dry 24/7 or A+ level 4, and doesn't seem to have the issue of the exterior feeling all damp/clammy after a while like I've had with other cloth-likes. The exterior is also some of the smoothest, softest texture I've ever felt on a cloth backed diaper.

irnub said:
As someone who absolutely hates cloth-like (or maybe more accurately, the recent trend of diapers going to cloth-like at the expense of plastic backed), I actually don't mind the seni quatro at all. It's decently thick, absorbs on par with a dry 24/7 or A+ level 4, and doesn't seem to have the issue of the exterior feeling all damp/clammy after a while like I've had with other cloth-likes. The exterior is also some of the smoothest, softest texture I've ever felt on a cloth backed diaper.

Hmmm... I have a pack of these I ordered to try out, but haven't gotten around to it - I guess I should!

Sorry I am so late in responding, been crazy lately and I have not had the time. I want to thank everyone for the feedback and suggestions. Like I said before I showed my wife the Abu lavender diapers and she really liked the looks of them so I ordered her a pack, they should be arriving at my door today. That purchase knocked down my available money to spend but I recently helped a buddy fix his motorcycle and he said he would pay me next Tuesday. I don't know how much he's going to pay me but I will be making another purchase when he does or I might wait until I get my work pants to see if I will be able to hide a diaper like the Dry 24/7. If not I have a tough decision deciding between Tykables, Barebums, Cushies/SDK, Awwsocute or ???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back