Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Be Cautious Of Your Powder

Default Be Cautious Of Your Powder

i know this was mentioned before by Ayanna and others in flashchat, but keep in mind the ingredients in your baby powder. most generics contain talc powder which is known to cause cancer and pulmonary issues. i just threw out my bottle of walgreen's generic baby powder because it contained talc. so just a warning keep in mind what you put on your body and make sure it's safe.

EmeraldsAndLime

Geez! Everything seems to cause cancer nowadays!

Tigger

bah! I use talc... I it's harmless, dunno how the hell they reckon it causes cancer. Maybe repiratory problems if you're stupid enough to inhale it

Oh I use baby powder every day after my bath, as does my little sister and my mom. I've never had any problems come from it.

Quote Originally Posted by Lukie View Post
    Geez! Everything seems to cause cancer nowadays!
    Recent studies have shown that posting on internet forums may cause...
    • Cancer
    • Irritable Bowel Syndrome
    • Spontaneous Unconscious Facial Detonation
    • Super AIDS

Quote Originally Posted by Tigger View Post
    bah! I use talc... I it's harmless, dunno how the hell they reckon it causes cancer. Maybe repiratory problems if you're stupid enough to inhale it
    you sound like my grandma, with the if i dont know it wont hurt me mentality. Lol

Quote Originally Posted by Yawgmoth View Post
    Recent studies have shown that posting on internet forums may cause...
    • Cancer
    • Irritable Bowel Syndrome
    • Spontaneous Unconscious Facial Detonation
    • Super AIDS

Ohs Noes Were all DOOMED

*face Explodes!!*

They have found particles of talc embedded in tumors or cysts in lungs, and ovaries. Although there isn't any official warning on talc on if it can cause cancer or not, just be safe around it. Enjoy the smell, just don't go snort a line of it.

http://www.cancer.org/docroot/CRI/co...and_Cancer.asp

From what it looks like there has been no 'proof' that talc causes cancer and the only evidence seems to be a study back when talc still contained asbestos particles.

Haven't research it so I may be wrong.

Peachy

Remember, kids: Life is a fatal disease! We're all doomed to die!

I reckon that, before you get cancer from baby powder, you're more likely to get cancer from processed food, air pollution, smoking (if you do so), cell phone use, or various other sources.
    So unless you throw out all technology and move into the middle of nowhere, you'll always be around something that has been shown to cause cancer in one situation or another. But then, if you live in the middle of nowehre, you're probably die from some kind of infection.
    In other words: No need for panic!
    Peachy