Thinking about trying a new diaper

Status
Not open for further replies.

WhiteRabbit

Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
Since I started buying premium diapers online, I've only been buying Abena M4s. I absolutely fell in love with them the first time I tried one, and I've been buying them ever since, but now I feel like I should try something new. I've bought Attends Waistband Briefs in the past (they were available locally in a medical supply store, so more convenient than buying online), but I didn't find them much better than Depends. I've also bought Tranquility ATNs, and found them surprisingly reliable, so I'll probably grab a pack of those too. But I really want to try a new premium diaper.

What would you guys recommend? How do Molicare compare to Abenas, and are they still plastic-backed (I'd heard some troubling rumors about them going cloth-backed)? I've also tried ABUniverse Cushies, and really really liked them, but they're just too expensive (like most ABDL diapers).

Any diaper is going to have its good and bad points. The trick is finding the diaper or diapers that suits those things you like best and eliminates or minimizes the faults. I had a bad experience with Abena tapes early on that sort of soured me on them. They did improve in that area and I like their sort of arty wetness indicators but I prefer taping panels to the two stage taping systems used by Abena and Molicare. Feel of the plastic is important to me and Molicares are nice for that but their diapers are more prone to clumping in the padding than I like, so they're not on my list of favorites.

Overall, I'd say if you enjoy diapers you can't really ignore the ABDL companies. They're no longer just competitive with adult incontinence products, they're better in many areas. If you're in the US, the US ABDL companies are quite competitive in pricing but only at the case level. If you can manage that big of an order, you're all set. Finding what you like ahead of time should insure it's worth the expense. Personally, I'd look at ABU first these days, but Tykables and Bambino also have products worth checking out.

If you have not, Northshore Supreme and ConfiDry 24/7 are worth a try. But I’m with you on M4’s, it’s like they are made specifically for me.

I'd say it's going to be hard to beat the M4s. That is such a great diaper. The Tranquility ATNs are pretty good, but I would still say Abena takes the cake.

I haven't tried them personally, but I have heard a lot of good things about the Dry 24/7s. A lot of people like to use them....24/7 lol

Hopefully this can be useful to someone. This is just my opinion, but I do really love diapers.
I should preface this by saying I only wear in private and at night at the moment. I have worn in public, and it's nice to have a few thin diapers around for that kind of thing, but my opinions are mostly based on the assumption that you want to be well padded and are more of a DL than an AB. But what the hey I'm over thinking this.

We'll get these out of the way:
Depends Protection with tabs: Probably the only plastic backed diapers you'll find in the local drugstore. A last resort.
ABU Super Dry Kids V1 (or whatever): Cute... awesome plastic... that's about it.
Bambinos: Awesome to try if you get a chance, but I just can't justify the price.

Honorable Mentions
Tranquility ATN: Perform pretty well, hold up well wet and dry. I don't like the feeling of the absorbent material when its dry or wet compared to most others though. Not the comfiest, but slim for how much they hold I guess.

I feel like there should be more honorable mentions, but I can't remember them.

My Top Four
The Best
Molicare Super Plus: One of the best feeling diapers dry, nice and soft, holds up well to play, also great wet
Abena M4: Feels the best wet, I prefer the plastic over the Molicare's, squishier?

I guess I'd give it to the M4, but I really like having both around. The fit is good on both. Absorbency is top notch. The M4s definitely feel a little more like a treat (but that's probably because I found 10 packs of Molicares for $6 each at an indoor flea, what a rush).

The Very Best
Northshore Supreme: Hold a ridiculous amount, the option of sizing is great but fit is kind of awkward. Highly recommended though.
Confidry 24/7: Holds more than anything I've tired, except for the Northshore's (maybe). The feel great dry, cradle the boys real well. They sit really high, which feels awesome to me for whatever reason.

I'm not sure why, but I really want to give it to the 24/7s. If I had to choose one diaper for the foreseeable future, it would have to be the Confidry. Maybe that will change as I go through more of the Northshores, but either way you can't go wrong, so why not both?

You can get all 4 of those from Northshore, who I wouldn't so shamelessly plug if they weren't so good to me. There's almost always a coupon and free shipping on big orders. They customer service people are nice, the prices are fair. I'm so glad they exist.

To be fair I have also had a good experience with XP Medical. Never had a bad customer service experience with ABU back in the day, but I didn't realize then how terrible the SDKs were. Idk if I've tried the V2 or whatever, but I probably won't bother since quality is more important than prints to me as a DL.

If anyone has questions or wants to elaborate I'd be happy to. Not trying to be a know-it-all, just sharing my experience.

Last edited:
Theodore said:
Never had a bad customer service experience with ABU back in the day, but I didn't realize then how terrible the SDKs were. Idk if I've tried the V2 or whatever, but I probably won't bother since quality is more important than prints to me as a DL.

You should at least grab a bag of the new SDKs to try. The shape of the shell, the single wide tapes, and the shell art are about the only thing they have in common with the originals. I think everyone agrees that they've vastly improved the product. It's worth another look.

I'll take your word for it and give them another try when I'm feeling adventurous. Thanks for the input.

Can I recommend Tykables? They're really cute and very puffy. It satisfies my baby side real well.

Thanks a lot everyone! I'm down to my last few M4s, so I think I'll give the Confidry 24/7s a shot next.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back