Zillabrony13

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Babyfur
  4. Sissy
  5. Little
Like the title says, I'm looking to move to Japan and get a job there in the future. I'm currently learning Japanese from Japanesepod101 and I'm gonna take a Japanese history and culture class in college. Anyone have any tips or tricks?

Can confirm. Some people will even refuse service to you if you are Caucasian, store will refuse to sell you things and resturants might refuse to make you food.

I cant believe they are that bad, I'm going there for two weeks in November so i will put these comments to the test.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Koutei said:
I cant believe they are that bad, I'm going there for two weeks in November so i will put these comments to the test.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was surprised by this as well. While I've seen and heard that they are sometimes spooked by outsiders, that seems a bit much. However, I've seen multiple sources that they are less polite with people trying to live there than tourists. Okay to visit, not okay to try to integrate.

Tips and tricks? Well if you're a native of the USA you'll definately need to brush up on the Metric System. Also brush up on laws, holidays, currency exchange, and also culture which I see you've mentioned. But do not just leave it at finishing that college class and then go there. This will be a culture shock for you once you get there if you've lived in the USA and learned about Japan even. Also make sure you know that when someone calls you a "gaijen" sounds like guy-gen, that it's definately not a compliment and get out of that situation. I commend you that you are so committed to being a part of that country and culture, but know that it will take you a while to integrate into the fabric of that society.

Some hotels will also refuse to give rooms from what I hear.

A ex-classmate who now live here, have seen these famous hate-speech public march/rally :
http://thediplomat.com/2015/07/japans-xenophobia-problem/
The laws against xenophobic and racist hate speech are almost nonexistent in Japan.
She also complained that depending of the city, the housing can be very expensive for a ridiculously small space volume...
But this country is still fascinating .

Maybe you could look for a japanese correspondent for improving your language? Or maybe your college will have an exchanges student program? Best luck to you:graduate:

Can confirm above post, saw a recent report about that on NHK Newsline.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back