Worst fear when wearing a wet diaper in public

Status
Not open for further replies.

Osito

Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
Obviously leaking, or your clothes falling down would be pretty bad, but apart from that, what is your worst fear when wearing a wet diaper in public?

Mine is totally irrational and is of a dog coming right up and sniffing me.

Wet patches, that's it

Leaks of course. But also, I sometimes worry people can smell me (even if its really in my head.) Going out in an already wet diaper makes me so nervous that I actually am probably going to end up wasting a diaper because I put it on, used it once and then realized... I have to be at work in four hours! I don't like going out in an already wet diaper. I get a bit paranoid. Maybe it's in my head.

gnd567 said:
Leaks of course. But also, I sometimes worry people can smell me (even if its really in my head.) Going out in an already wet diaper makes me so nervous that I actually am probably going to end up wasting a diaper because I put it on, used it once and then realized... I have to be at work in four hours! I don't like going out in an already wet diaper. I get a bit paranoid. Maybe it's in my head.

I'm the same way. I like to leave my house in a fresh, dry diaper. This way I know I have the most capacity possible with them while out and about. But yes, my biggest fear out in public is leaks. My pee doesn't seem to smell much because I drink itching but water all day. I haven't touched soda or juice in years. Yes, there is still a faint smell to my pee, but not strong at all. Or I'm just used to it. Haha

I worry about people smelling me too - as well as dogs :)
I worry that even when I can't smell anything, others can.
I think I'd also always go out in a clean diaper too - so at least I start off fresh.

The biggest issue I worry about is kids calling me out. Kids have no discretion. If they see it, you'll hear about it!

Can't say I worry very much these days. I used to be paranoid about being found in a nappy now I just don't care.

bambinod said:
The biggest issue I worry about is kids calling me out. Kids have no discretion. If they see it, you'll hear about it!
That's my biggest fear as well is kids finding out that an adult is wearing a diaper and 2nd is dogs sniffing out the general area of where the diaper is positioned

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

im not really afraid of someone noticing. i'm afraid of someone calling it out. you know how some people can be rude and just say whatever but most of the time people say nothing.

and yeah i actually worry about the dog thing too.

I'd have to agree with those who said leaks or wet patches. Nothing else about wearing a diaper bothers me; I don't care if crinkle can be heard, a slight bulge is visible or even an accidental exposure of waistband during every day activity such as lifting, bending or generally doing anything that anybody does.

But in my experience, you can have those tell tale crescent marks of wetness which signify a leak and not know it. THAT for me is a fear...mostly because I had it happen a few times after being out. I'd get home and do a check, see the spots and think "how the hell long have I been walking around like this!?"

So yeah...in short...leaks. Definitely a fear. The thing is, many folks mention "leaking" and imagine some kind of catastrophic failure where a diaper explodes and soaks your entire midsection. But that's not the case lol...it's the stealthy leaks we (I) fear.

Leaks happen from time to time and if it happens while out running errands it is most likely to be a very embarrassing moment even if you are not aware that it happened the embarrassment happens when someone points it out to you in a discreet way or a not so discreet way either way I have experienced a leaky diaper while out in public it was embarrassing and it put an end to my running errands until I got home to change clothes and diaper

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

For me, leaking and really smelling of pee in public.

I have the scent thing handled using a mixture of essential oils, and I am becoming more aware of when "floods" might occur by watching my fluid intake.

If I am completely hydrated any fluid that goes in will soon go out. But if I haven't been drinking much, it can take as long as 5 hours before I starting noticing much flow. I guess my biggest worry is that someone will notice a saggy bottom that needs changing.

I wore a Depends protection with tabs (when they were plastic) to the gym once. I thought it was great. Did my work out for about an hour and half then went to the locker room to change. Turns out the diaper made me sweat a lot onl my lower region so I had two big wet spots on at the bottom of my butt on each side. Nobody told me anything, but I could only imagine what people might have been thinking if they saw it. But then at the same time, it sort of gave me a rush. Weird

Having owned and puppysat multiple dogs over the years, I can assure you that dogs tend to sniff everyone there! Regardless of whether you are wearing anything. People won't automatically assume you are wet. Dogs just have no shame! :smile1:

I'm not IC and don't wear in public often, but when I do of course leaks are a pretty big concern. I'm also a little nervous of the diaper tearing and getting SAP everywhere. Leaks can already be pretty noticeable, factor in a trail and patches of a clear gel like goo and I think it'd be even more noticeable and messy.

I'm not worried about leaks, I'm worried about having an auto accident and being transported to the hospital! That's a pretty remote thing to worry about, I know ... but with my luck, it would happen to me.

I'm always worried that I might bump into someone I know and they will notice that I am wearing a nappy and will say to others, a leak could happen or my trousers could fall down. The being in a accident thing I've thought about that because family might question why I'm wearing a nappy when I've never needed to before in their eyes.

If you were in an auto accident while you're with family and/or friends then maybe they'd notice if something happened to expose it. If it's just you though, chances are it'd be cut off at the hospital or before you even got there (assuming you were in a severe enough condition that you need to be taken to the hospital).

Maybe if you were unresponsive and they needed to know a bit more about your medical history they might ask a family member if you're incontinent or have a condition related to IC.

Sent using Tapatalk on my iPhone

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back