Rift

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Babyfur
  4. Diaperfur
  5. Little
First I apologize for this being so long :wallbash: when I first started working at folks southern kitchen I gave it my all to be the best dishwasher that ever walked in those doors and when the training was over I still give all I have to be the best at my job but one lady that I work with gets on my nerves always complaining that I am to slow when I am the most over worked person there and the only dishwasher they have I have to make sure the dishes and the silverware are clean and set out on the racks for the cooks and the servers and make the sweet tea and refill the tea dispensers -take out the trash-clean the restrooms and on top of that I catch this lady on her phone when she is supposed to be working she also tries to say that I play when I'm at work because I am trying to be fast about doing my job since she is always complaining about me nobody else there has a problem with me so I don't see what the problem is other than her trying to get me fired all the time I have been putting it off since day 1 and its very upsetting its lie she wants superman so I said to her that I am only one person and the only dishwasher and IF she wants superman to go to universal studios or Disney because I got so mad and to the point where I could not even do my job and was given the rest of the day off am I wrong for doing my job :wallbash:

Sounds almost like the opposite, or maybe I've read things wrong, it seems like you already are superman and she's scared that people will see you have a better work ethic than her. Some people though you will never please, I work for a company full of those people, get a million things done who gives a crap, forget to do one little thing and everyone loses their minds. I would say just to ignore her, do your work and if you feel like it, put a little extra effort it just to spite her. If your happy you've done the best you can do then F her, you can only put in the best effort you can.

OR

If you like me, and have spent 6 years for a whole company that treats you like crap then stop caring. I'll do my job and go home, everything else I couldn't care less about it.

At the end of the day if it's one person, forget them, not worth your time worrying about, they are probably just concerned you will make them look bad, just keep up your good work.

I really hope that's the case that she's scared that people will see I have a better work ethic than she does and I'm scared for my job because I got the managers involved and told them what has been going on it a be nothing and I'm just scared but I think I should try to find another job just in case things go wrong I got to go to work now and wont be bac until 11:00 or 12:00 mid-night wish me luck
LittleManAlex said:
Sounds almost like the opposite, or maybe I've read things wrong, it seems like you already are superman and she's scared that people will see you have a better work ethic than her. Some people though you will never please, I work for a company full of those people, get a million things done who gives a crap, forget to do one little thing and everyone loses their minds. I would say just to ignore her, do your work and if you feel like it, put a little extra effort it just to spite her. If your happy you've done the best you can do then F her, you can only put in the best effort you can.

OR

If you like me, and have spent 6 years for a whole company that treats you like crap then stop caring. I'll do my job and go home, everything else I couldn't care less about it.

At the end of the day if it's one person, forget them, not worth your time worrying about, they are probably just concerned you will make them look bad, just keep up your good work.

I have to agree with LittleManAlex, she most likely doesn't like the fact that someone younger than her has a better work ethic. I am guessing from reading this, that this lady isn't management, so she really doesn't have the right to tell you how to do your job. If an employee is causing you to get upset that much, going to the managers is the correct thing. What she is doing could be considered work force harassment. Going to management is the correct thing. If management does fire you, make sure they give you a good reason and I would go to the labor board and file a claim saying that this place is allowing work force harassment. Hold your head up high, keep doing your best, and unless management tells you your not working hard enough, don't worry about it. If she says anything to you again, just say thank you for your input, and then just keep on working. Don't say anything else but "thank you for your input". Saying that to her, you have acknowledged the fact that you heard her, and then walk away or turn away and keep doing your work. We can only be responsible for our own work ethics, not those of others.

Fully agree with the others. She may feel threatened by your work ethic. As checkingoutall says acknowledge her then continue with your work. If you want to drive her crazy, do it with a smile.

I just got home from work and get to keep my job and I also found out that the lady I work with is married to my boss but my boss says that I am ok and the best dishwasher that they have and that I am always on time and work harder than everyone in the building I was happy to hear those words today was ok I'm just glad I get to keep my job

I totally understand what you are saying.

The beauty of my situation was I got tech of the year, and then he had something even better to complain about.

I know it is hard to do but do not let her get you down. The only one that you need to worry about is the boss.

Hang in there

Good to hear your boss recognizes your hard work... glad you get to keep you job too.

Keep your chin up and hang in there :)

I really think that if there was another dishwasher to assist me that there would be no problems but they wont hire any more dishwashers I really need help with my job having to work 2 stations that are always cluttered but can you believe that some of the people that I work with get upset when I multitask at work. When I first arrive at work both of my work stations are packed sky high and the trash needs to go out along with cardboard boxes that are almost always stcaked from the floor to the roof imexagerating abit so I will start out washing dishes using the dishwashing machine until I get them down to a small amount then I will start taking out the trash but sometimes I stop in the middle of that because the dishes never stop coming so i get them back down to where I want them and then finish taking the trash out its really hard to keep up being the only dishwasher I wish that i could switch places with them and they can do my job while I do their job mabe then they will understand that dishwashers are the heart and soul of any restaurant and is not a easy job because without dishwashers it would be one rough day for them I always get my stuff done but at the end of the day the cooks and the servers always slow me down by waiting until the last minute to put stuff at my station so I cant get it done keeping me there past my scheduled time and then complain about me and ontop of all that I still have to sweep and mop the floors as well as take out the trash before my day is done and I can sign out to go home

Time to find another job my friend where your not treated as a slave

TenaciousFortitude said:
She can go to hell. Sometimes you'll give 110% and still get shit on. That's life.

True true. When you face bullies best to harden your face and turn away from them making sure you pointedly pay them no attention even when they try to suck up later.

They finally hired another dishwasher and feel like a big weight has been lifted but the new dishwasher gets in my way because I'm a lot faster than he is and that he cant keep up with me I'm like this https://youtu.be/iYFrdLf9dzo and I even trained this dishwasher myself and his dishes still come out dirty so I come into the picture and re wash the dishes and to speed thing up he should know how to do his job by now I have been training him for 2 weeks I'm not really worried about how fast he goes but the amount of effort that goes into his work because nobody wants to go out to eat and have to eat off dirty dishes that's just nasty I'm hoping that he will improve in his dishwashing skills soon because having to go behind him is slowing me down and at the same time I don't want him to lose his job and that's why I go behind him and help him as much as I can but at the end of the day he does ok also he is a nice guy to be around I just wish that at the end of the day he don't slow me down anymore

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back