World of Tanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Sherman's derp gun is extremely popular as well. I really haven't played that tank in years, but I'm contemplating going back to it for some tier 5 fun. The Panzer IV is comparable, fast-ish, maneuverable, fast firing, small, and low armor. I remember having some great times with the 10.5cm Howitzer on that tank, although it wasn't as popular as the Sherman and it's derp.

Given your experience level, I would say go for the derp and have some fun. But the 76 is a blast too, almost machine gun like compared to out higher tiers and is quite refreshing.

Do you have some tips with the derp guns?

I played the KV-1 with the 122mm at first, but IMO the 85mm is way more reliable - using HEAT is not very fair...but the KV-2 is hilarious, especially with Russian music xD

Seen a video recently made from youtuber 'circonflexes' grinding the marks of excellence on his T-34-85 using the 122mm...this guy just makes it look soo easy, but when you try to do the same you end up getting stomped^^

Have a nice weekend :)

SabuInu said:
Do you have some tips with the derp guns?

I played the KV-1 with the 122mm at first, but IMO the 85mm is way more reliable - using HEAT is not very fair...but the KV-2 is hilarious, especially with Russian music xD

Seen a video recently made from youtuber 'circonflexes' grinding the marks of excellence on his T-34-85 using the 122mm...this guy just makes it look soo easy, but when you try to do the same you end up getting stomped^^

Have a nice weekend :)

I sure do!

Step one: load HE

Step two: locate a target, and fire HE at it

Step three: Repeat steps one and two

I'm not sure I've actually gone down the KV line yet. I think I worked up to the KV-1, but I don't think I've played it. I'm going to have to try that tank out.

I haven't played WoT in so long now because of a move. I miss it.

Llayden said:
I sure do!

Step one: load HE

Step two: locate a target, and fire HE at it

Step three: Repeat steps one and two

I'm not sure I've actually gone down the KV line yet. I think I worked up to the KV-1, but I don't think I've played it. I'm going to have to try that tank out.

I play on eu every ones in a while but im pritty sure you forgot to sacrifice to stalin. You will have no luck in kv2 without it :)

travaran said:
I play on eu every ones in a while but im pritty sure you forgot to sacrifice to stalin. You will have no luck in kv2 without it :)

Out of curiosity, would you be as comfortable with saying something like "Hitler, guide my shell!" or "Sacrifice to Hitler for more luck in your Tiger I"?

Hey there, I don't really know where this Stalin thing comes from, but it's pretty common in streams or video commentaries made from people in the EU.

TBH I would have no problems with that, but as German you can't do that...you would be something like an instant-Nazi I believe...in Germany it's still forbidden to show things like the swastika in video games...other countries don't have that issue...I think yes it might not be a bright thing in our history, but it's still a part of it.

Kind regards,
Sabu

SabuInu said:
Hey there, I don't really know where this Stalin thing comes from, but it's pretty common in streams or video commentaries made from people in the EU.

TBH I would have no problems with that, but as German you can't do that...you would be something like an instant-Nazi I believe...in Germany it's still forbidden to show things like the swastika in video games...other countries don't have that issue...I think yes it might not be a bright thing in our history, but it's still a part of it.

Kind regards,
Sabu

Right. But that's where my confusion comes from. Stalin is quite possibly the most ruthless, bloody, and horrible tyrant in recorded history. He is personally responsible for tens of MILLIONS of deaths, and most of them his own people. His atrocities are exceptionally horrible, vast, and long lived. Much longer than Hitler's. Stalin was an absolutely horrible person and his regime was a nightmare. So, why is all the "Stalin" stuff acceptable? Is it because people don't know about history and Stalin? Or is it a disregard for Russian history and people? Or what?

Some estimates put the number of deaths perpetrated by Stalin's regime at or near 60 million. When I hear YouTubers and others say things like "Send him to the gulag!" I don't understand the humor. The Gulags and the imprisonment policies were no less tragic and horrible than Ghettos in Nazi Germany. Do people really not know what a horrible person this man was? I'm not kidding when I say that most historians consider Stalin to be the most lethal, and horrific tyrant in recorded human history.

The death toll in the USSR alone during WWII can be estimated near 35-45 million dead. A vast majority of those are a direct result of Stalin's disregard to human life and in particular his own civilians. Another huge contributor to that number was the Soviet Oppression that occurred when Stalin began to conduct his own ethnic cleansing and imprisoning entire ethnicities in the gulags and state ordered executions. In fact, if you were to add up only the military deaths by country the USSR nearly equals the sum of every other country involved in that conflict by its self. All thanks to Stalin.

Llayden said:
The Gulags and the imprisonment policies were no less tragic and horrible than Ghettos in Nazi Germany. Do people really not know what a horrible person this man was? I'm not kidding when I say that most historians consider Stalin to be the most lethal, and horrific tyrant in recorded human history.

This a discussion that never ends well..... However i am well aware of the history of stalin. There is no denying he was a horrible dictator and human being. That being said most historians are revising their vieuws and now consider hitler to be the worse of the 2. While indeed the nazi getto's where are as horrible as the gulags lets not forget the death camps.

Regardless, joking with blood sacrifices is rather common in online gaming. To whom these are made differs but i dont take issue with them. No one is claiming staling was a nice dude, the joke even states that he will reach up from the deps of hell to guide your shot. As for sending to the gulags the same applies, considering that most people left the gulags alive(after ww2) it might even be less bad.

I play on Xbox (both Xbox 360 and One. If you want to add me, my gt is R3DN3CK904. Msg me with the subject, diaper so I know you're not just a random.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back