molicare quality control problems?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bambinod

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
In my xp medical sample were three Molicare Super Plus, and they all have the same quality control issue. I've seen this in the past, (probably most frequently with bambino teddy actually) but not with this frequency. One of these in a case maybe at most. But this was all three samples.

The issues is loose padding strewn around on the diaper outside the usual location, between the top and bottom sheets. Stray bits wouldn't be an issue except that they are attached to the main body of the padding, AND they extend all the way to the edge. In this case, the rogue padding is still fairly thick where it's been cut by the shell die. If the main padding gets wet, it will wick into that rogue padding, which is then exposed on an edge and is in direct contact with my sheets, and that'll leak real bad.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

This is the second time I've gotten a sample of Molicare, and the second time I've had this problem. Is this a really common issue with them? As luck would have it, that one right at the start of the rear, that's RIGHT where the back leaks happen, I can't possibly think of a worse place for that to be at.

Could it be maybe they ship cases of quality control reject diapers to be sold as samples? The way people think these days it would make sense if they can't sell them, they would give them away to dealers to use as samples.

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk

Tetra said:
Could it be maybe they ship cases of quality control reject diapers to be sold as samples? The way people think these days it would make sense if they can't sell them, they would give them away to dealers to use as samples.

Samples are meant to give the best impresion of a product to the customer, to encourage them to buy the product. I think sending out defectives as samples would be counter-productive. Donating their "seconds" to some tax-deductable charity is probably the best route for manufacturers to unload their defects.

Come to think of it, I have seen resellers selling seconds - bambino has had trouble several times with prints getting applied upside-down on their front panels. They sold them at a slight discount even though it didn't affect their performance at all. ($10 off on a case iirc) I recall seeing someone in the past selling seconds that had a wide variety of issues, mostly missing or misplaced tapes, on a percentage of diapers in any given bag or case.

i can understand simple issues like you described but for a diaper that has been in mass production for YEARS it shouldnt be an issue at all. it should be set down pat... at least thats how i think it SHOULD be.

I was joking, unless you consider a drug dealer who gives free samples and then has your business until you die, probably because of a hot shot of Heroin laced with Fentanyl.

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk

I had that problem (and other problem) in the hundreds or thousands of their ever worsening products..... Sorry dude but I solved it by moving away from all of their products.... Yes this dodginess is common.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back