Status
Not open for further replies.

ChrisKrinkle

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Sissy
I used to buy Bambino Bellismos years ago. I stopped buying them and went strictly ABU because the Bambino tapes never seemed to hold. Plus the plastic shell was not the buttery smooth that I love. Well..recently I ordered some more. Now they seem better. The tapes hold much better. I can even refasten a few times! And the outer shell seems more smooth and buttery. Is it just me? Or are they really improoved? Of course I am still loyal to ABU but I must say...Bambinos again deserve a spot in my diaper inventory.

they did change but it's been awhile. The shell material was changed slightly and the tape panel was changed to a smoother, harder plastic. I think the tapes are the same, they just stick better to the new front panel material.

Ok. That makes sense. Yeah it's been a while...happily impressed now though

I heard someone say they got thinner in the last couple of years though..is that true?

DloverUK said:
I heard someone say they got thinner in the last couple of years though..is that true?

Not that I've noticed. But by comparison with the "average abdl diaper", yes. They're getting lapped and are standing still. They need to step up their game. I wonder if we can count on them to come out with a nice wear-to-work grade diaper since Tykables dropped the ball?

I have some Bellissimos from 2014 and some newer ones from 2015. They are the same thickness, the tapes are bigger than the older ones and they increased the length front to back.

I don't know if they need to step up their game because one way that Bambino is beating all of its competitors is on price. Moreover, my ABUs have such a high capacity, that I often change before I reach it because they start to stink.

I don't know about that, but in the medium-weight concealable category, both ABU and Tykables have them beat by a long shot. Heavyweight, ABU wins.

bambinod said:
Not that I've noticed. But by comparison with the "average abdl diaper", yes. They're getting lapped and are standing still. They need to step up their game. I wonder if we can count on them to come out with a nice wear-to-work grade diaper since Tykables dropped the ball?

Bambino diapers are perfectly fine. The Bellissimos don't typically leak unless you purposefully try too. While other AB diapers that have come out recently certainly are more absorbent, I find it's gotten to the point where it's gone overboard. Most of the newer diapers don't ever get used to capacity which means most of the extra cost is wasted. So you end up spending more for no reason other than to sort of know the diaper has the capability to hold a ridiculous amount of liquid.

Now unless you mean design, then yes Bambino needs to step up their game. XD I find they have the more boring designs out of all the premium AB diapers.

brabbit1987 said:
Bambino diapers are perfectly fine. The Bellissimos don't typically leak unless you purposefully try too. While other AB diapers that have come out recently certainly are more absorbent, I find it's gotten to the point where it's gone overboard. Most of the newer diapers don't ever get used to capacity which means most of the extra cost is wasted. So you end up spending more for no reason other than to sort of know the diaper has the capability to hold a ridiculous amount of liquid.

Now unless you mean design, then yes Bambino needs to step up their game. XD I find they have the more boring designs out of all the premium AB diapers.

I've had bellissimos leak unexpedtly at maybe 1/5th less usage then older ones I had. after that and the enitrely boutched case of upside downs I had. They were missing lyrica strands causing the leg cuffs to preform poorly if at all.

i switched to dry 24/7 after that when me and a friend split a case. Since then I perfer ABU's Little Pawz or Space. But Bambino has to do something impressive to ever get me back. I guess they felt they could slack off since there were no other major players. but now ABU and what Casey Strom has done with it. just yeah, good luck to the Bambino brand.

They seem to be a offshoot of secure personal or whatever. I won't blame them if they give up the AB/DL market.

I just went to their web site and noticed a few changes

1) they say they're changing their shipper to FedEx, effective May 16 (today)

2) I see Rearz Safari available. Now bear in mind that Rearz doesn't freeship, but Bambino does. Rearz large cases are $80+ship. Bambino.... $112 shipped. And here I thought I'd find a deal south of the border on shipping. NOT! And at only 36 diapers per "case" too. (36 is what most would consider a "half case" isn't it?) But they're all listed as out of stock anyway so it doesn't really matter. (were they ever IN stock and I missed it, or have they added them to the web site but they're not available yet?)

At any rate, if this is how they're "stepping up their game", I'm not impressed. Get some safari in stock and make the price more reasonable. (shipping TWO cases from Rears only adds $30, so two cases from them direct is $190, same from in country bambino is $225...)

I haven't ordered any, but from what I've read here, the bambino diapers are a reskin of Totaldry Xplus diapers, like Crinklz are reskinned Comficare. So it's possible they're being manufactured by the same company and just sold on the side like thrust vector is doing with crinklz.

Fire2box said:
I've had bellissimos leak unexpedtly at maybe 1/5th less usage then older ones I had. after that and the enitrely boutched case of upside downs I had. They were missing lyrica strands causing the leg cuffs to preform poorly if at all.

i switched to dry 24/7 after that when me and a friend split a case. Since then I perfer ABU's Little Pawz or Space. But Bambino has to do something impressive to ever get me back. I guess they felt they could slack off since there were no other major players. but now ABU and what Casey Strom has done with it. just yeah, good luck to the Bambino brand.

They seem to be a offshoot of secure personal or whatever. I won't blame them if they give up the AB/DL market.

Never once had them leak unless I absolutely tried. Also, all companies, and there are no exception, could end up sending you something botched. It's generally why companies have some form of return policy because these type of thing can happen. Yes, it sucks, but it happens. It doesn't make the company bad, it just means you where unlucky.

However, if you don't like Bambino anymore, I am not here to change your mind. I am only letting you know, that all diaper companies could have this happen to them. Just like in electronics, it's possible they can arrive DOA.

bambinod said:
I just went to their web site and noticed a few changes

1) they say they're changing their shipper to FedEx, effective May 16 (today)

2) I see Rearz Safari available. Now bear in mind that Rearz doesn't freeship, but Bambino does. Rearz large cases are $80+ship. Bambino.... $112 shipped. And here I thought I'd find a deal south of the border on shipping. NOT! And at only 36 diapers per "case" too. (36 is what most would consider a "half case" isn't it?) But they're all listed as out of stock anyway so it doesn't really matter. (were they ever IN stock and I missed it, or have they added them to the web site but they're not available yet?)

At any rate, if this is how they're "stepping up their game", I'm not impressed. Get some safari in stock and make the price more reasonable. (shipping TWO cases from Rears only adds $30, so two cases from them direct is $190, same from in country bambino is $225...)

I haven't ordered any, but from what I've read here, the bambino diapers are a reskin of Totaldry Xplus diapers, like Crinklz are reskinned Comficare. So it's possible they're being manufactured by the same company and just sold on the side like thrust vector is doing with crinklz.

They don't own Rearz so the reality of it is they have little control over how much they cost. Adding in the amount it costs them to ship over the border .. of course they are going to be expensive no matter where you buy them. That isn't a Bambino issue, that is a border issue. Things are always more expensive when they come from out of country.

As for them being out of stock, well .. again they do not make them. That means they buy a certain amount and see how well it sells. Then according to the data they increase or decrease the amount they buy next time. That is how things work. I mean even games work this way. More often than not when a popular game is first released it can be out of stock for a long time. That doesn't make the re-sellers bad or anything, that is just how it works. Sometimes even production can't keep up with demand, although that is a bit more rare, but it has happened to some game consoles before.

Even the Canadian re-sellers sell Bambino's pretty high and are often out of stock too.

I mean .. it's pretty bad of you to judge Bambino on something that isn't even their own product lol.

I got a sample pack of the bellesimos, they seem pretty good, I didn't like the price though, so I didn't order a case, but they did do the job

brabbit1987 said:
They don't own Rearz so the reality of it is they have little control over how much they cost. Adding in the amount it costs them to ship over the border .. of course they are going to be expensive no matter where you buy them. That isn't a Bambino issue, that is a border issue. Things are always more expensive when they come from out of country.

As for them being out of stock, well .. again they do not make them. That means they buy a certain amount and see how well it sells. Then according to the data they increase or decrease the amount they buy next time. That is how things work. I mean even games work this way. More often than not when a popular game is first released it can be out of stock for a long time. That doesn't make the re-sellers bad or anything, that is just how it works. Sometimes even production can't keep up with demand, although that is a bit more rare, but it has happened to some game consoles before.

Even the Canadian re-sellers sell Bambino's pretty high and are often out of stock too.

I mean .. it's pretty bad of you to judge Bambino on something that isn't even their own product lol.

I understand that and I'm making a few assumptions. I'm assuming they are buying at wholesale prices, and are doing bulk shipping. If that's the case, they should be able to sell them locally for the same (or very close) price as what Rearz does in canada to canadians, or possibly even less. Hopefully less, it depends on the discount Rearz is willing to give them and how cheaply they can be shipped to the USA for distribution. Just look at ABU's australian outlet, they don't charge MORE for a case of SDKs than you can order them direct from the USA for. They charge considerably LESS. That's the huge advantage to having a local retailer. When I ordered a few bags of fabines direct from germany, shipping was more than the cost of the product. ABU (of old) sold them at a higher cost, but the huge savings in shipping meant my total cost was lower.

My point is that we expect lower prices from a supplier in our country than from across the border, and we're getting the opposite. Bambino isn't giving us a good reason to order Rearz from them. They my get here a day or two sooner, but cost a lot more. Not worth it is all I'm saying.

bambinod said:
I understand that and I'm making a few assumptions. I'm assuming they are buying at wholesale prices, and are doing bulk shipping. If that's the case, they should be able to sell them locally for the same (or very close) price as what Rearz does in canada to canadians, or possibly even less. Hopefully less, it depends on the discount Rearz is willing to give them and how cheaply they can be shipped to the USA for distribution. Just look at ABU's australian outlet, they don't charge MORE for a case of SDKs than you can order them direct from the USA for. They charge considerably LESS. That's the huge advantage to having a local retailer. When I ordered a few bags of fabines direct from germany, shipping was more than the cost of the product. ABU (of old) sold them at a higher cost, but the huge savings in shipping meant my total cost was lower.

My point is that we expect lower prices from a supplier in our country than from across the border, and we're getting the opposite. Bambino isn't giving us a good reason to order Rearz from them. They my get here a day or two sooner, but cost a lot more. Not worth it is all I'm saying.

In Canada Rearz is $100 for a large case. For the US it's $80. This is mainly due to conversion rates. The US dollar is worth more. So you are already getting it cheaper than us to some degree. As for the deal Bambino has with Rearz, I don't have a clue, but with Canada's taxes, I doubt you will ever get them for much cheaper. Although I can't be certain about the taxes, I do know it's ridiculous for shipping items too Canada, not sure about shipping out of Canada though.

The other thing you should be aware about is Rearz often changes their prices. At least from what I could tell. Some diapers there are so over prices that I don't even understand why.

brabbit1987 said:
In Canada Rearz is $100 for a large case. For the US it's $80. This is mainly due to conversion rates. The US dollar is worth more. So you are already getting it cheaper than us to some degree.

CA$100 = US$80, the two have different units on them, but are equal in value. So you're not getting a "deal". That'd be like saying milk was so cheap years ago when it only cost $0.20/gallon - you're overlooking the change in the value of the currency. (due to inflation over the years) Fewer dollars were the same value as more of them today. The milk still "costs" the same, even though you have to exchange more pennies (which now each have less value) to get it.

brabbit1987 said:
Never once had them leak unless I absolutely tried. Also, all companies, and there are no exception, could end up sending you something botched. It's generally why companies have some form of return policy because these type of thing can happen. Yes, it sucks, but it happens. It doesn't make the company bad, it just means you where unlucky.

However, if you don't like Bambino anymore, I am not here to change your mind. I am only letting you know, that all diaper companies could have this happen to them. Just like in electronics, it's possible they can arrive DOA.

it was a botched product atop of a botched product. first they were the upside-down print botched run. Thankfully I had more then a few standard, better ones from a older order. I took pictures of the two side by side http://imgur.com/a/ac3cN. They were kind enough to pay the shipping back and completely refund the order. A few months later after they got brand new stock I tried them again and yet again, the capacity was noticeably less then older models yet the price was a few dollars higher for the case.

Now if anyone wants to support Bambino knowing that, they can. I won't however.

bambinod said:
What you expect and what you get are two different things though. If you don't like the prices they're charging, don't buy from them.

bambinod said:
CA$100 = US$80, the two have different units on them, but are equal in value. So you're not getting a "deal". That'd be like saying milk was so cheap years ago when it only cost $0.20/gallon - you're overlooking the change in the value of the currency. (due to inflation over the years) Fewer dollars were the same value as more of them today. The milk still "costs" the same, even though you have to exchange more pennies (which now each have less value) to get it.

Where did I say you where getting a deal? I said you would be getting it cheaper compared to us in Canada, which is true. Just because it's equal in value, as in the worth of a dollar really doesn't change this. Canadians have to spend more because their dollar is worth less. Americans have to spend less, because the US dollar is worth more.

The issue with your above argument is this isn't due to inflation where prices change along with it. So you have item prices pretty much staying the same or still increasing, while our dollar decreases and thus things become more expensive. If the prices where going down here, I would agree with you.

In other words, what I am saying is the worth of the dollar doesn't make a difference to the average consumer. At least not in the short term.

Fire2box said:
it was a botched product atop of a botched product. first they were the upside-down print botched run. Thankfully I had more then a few standard, better ones from a older order. I took pictures of the two side by side http://imgur.com/a/ac3cN. They were kind enough to pay the shipping back and completely refund the order. A few months later after they got brand new stock I tried them again and yet again, the capacity was noticeably less then older models yet the price was a few dollars higher for the case.

Now if anyone wants to support Bambino knowing that, they can. I won't however.

I see, well that is pretty bad. I am sort of surprised really.

BeamMeUpScotty said:
What you expect and what you get are two different things though. If you don't like the prices they're charging, don't buy from them.

they have a right to discuss it openly. It's not just a "you personally don't buy from them and boom, problem solved."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back