Wearing and wetting when there is nowhere to change

Status
Not open for further replies.

Osito

Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
I go on some long walks (10 miles) where there is nowhere to change - or go to the toilet for that matter. I have a low capacity bladder - so I really would like to wear padding for these to avoid being very uncomfortable if there is nowhere to go to the toilet.

So far I've actually managed to find somewhere to change at the end - but it was awkward and the diaper was very full by then.

I'm walking so I need to wear something discrete and fairly comfortable which doesn't restrict movement. Currently I am using Attends Flex 10 which does the job, and doesn't chafe - but I'm sure I could do better - any suggestions?

Anyway my question is would it be worth stuffing the diaper with something to absorb the wetting which I can discretely take out, bag and dispose of in a bin without changing and just keep the same diaper on for the walk and then getting home too?

Does that sound practical? What should I get?

Thanks very much,
Pinguinito

i hear a lot of people just use baby diapers with the wings cut off or something like that for stuffers. supposedly it still feels nice and you can just take it out and toss it in a bin. i don't know personally because i've never tried it myself though.

Thanks for the reply Kazykisu, I will try that.

Could anyone suggest what size would be best for a medium adult?

i might actually. i suppose it depends on your type but i know a good friend of mine uses size 6. he says they fit inside nicely. although i would say if you're going to do this you might have to peel the plastic backing off the baby diapers? i'm... again not totally sure. i saw a video on this sometime ago but it has since been removed

Thanks. I will try the size 6 - that is more or less the biggest isn't it?

Maybe in this case there is no need to take the backing off the baby diapers - as I want the main diaper to stay dry. What do you think?

- - - Updated - - -

I'll try it and report back.

Thanks for your suggestions Kazy.

It does work well. I have used male guards inside a diaper which are a bit more discreet, but my experience was it held about 80%, and some always leaked into the main diaper. Baby diapers would prob work better. Try it.

Thanks LittleICme. I thought about trying male pads so thanks for the info on them.

I'll try the size 6 diapers and see how I get on.

When I was walking 5k's while my wife ran the 10ks, I would put a Northshore booster inside of my diapers. That way, I would like you said, reach in and pull it out and still have some diaper left. Then there were times that I just made sure I had really good diapers on not worry about anything. When I was done, I would put a pad on my car seat just in case I leaked and then went to a safe place to change close by.

The tena seem to last up to 6 hours, that is a pretty long walk.

If you have a really well fitting main diaper with substantial leg cuffs, I've found that it's possible and very effective to use a bit smaller diaper inside that can just be pulled out when wet. That leaves the main diaper intact and unused until you can get back to your base of supplies. I like to use Kroger overnight underwear with all the excess material trimmed off. That leaves a substantial pad that even has standing leak guards, amazing absorbency with plenty of SAP, and yet it's thin enough when dry that it won't bulk up your padding system too much. It's wonderful. You get two diapers basically, but only one gets used and can be removed easily, quickly, and discreetly. It's like the fastest, easiest, quietest diaper change.

Thanks for the great advice.

I'm going to try all these ideas out.

- - - Updated - - -

Fowlerea, currently I'm using the Attends Flex 10 for walking. I'm going to try some Tena products when I get through them.

The walks I've done are arround 3 hours - but then there is getting home by public transport.

It is that I was most worried about really - being around other people with a full diaper - and also sitting down and maybe it leaking.

Pinguinito said:
Thanks for the great advice.

I'm going to try all these ideas out.

- - - Updated - - -

Fowlerea, currently I'm using the Attends Flex 10 for walking. I'm going to try some Tena products when I get through them.

The walks I've done are arround 3 hours - but then there is getting home by public transport.

It is that I was most worried about really - being around other people with a full diaper - and also sitting down and maybe it leaking.
If you wear a level 10 or maxi nappy it will hold several wetting before being close to leaking.

Try the Tru-Fit pads from Goodnites. Absorbs a lot and is easily removed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Try the Goodnights True Fit inserts one of those in a depends tape on will turn it damn near into an abena

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

FWIW, the comficare (and so incidentally, the new crinklz) have some of the tallest leak guards I've seen in a diaper. (2.75"!) The crotch is also pretty wide. So they're ideally suited for stuffing.

LittleICme said:
It does work well. I have used male guards inside a diaper which are a bit more discreet, but my experience was it held about 80%, and some always leaked into the main diaper. Baby diapers would prob work better. Try it.

I use male guards in my diaper too, if I have to be out in the woods shooting nature footage.

So far I have been too chicken to buy baby diapers - so I'll try the inserts if I can get some in the UK. I'm also going to try some different diapers - I just ordered some Tena ones.

Thanks again for the advice.

ST50 - Thanks, I still struggle to tell when a diaper is full or not still - but it is pretty full after the long walks - and I think it would leak as soon as I sat down. I think maybe walking makes you pee more.

Last edited:
Hi,

I recommend Attends Active Slip 10 ( my size is M). They fit excellent, plastic backed with wings from breathable material , 1 tape for each side ( but they are wide)
Each tape is with double layer stickers. First use blue one and if you don`t "use" them you can un-tape white wine and fold and then you can use white sticker next time.
If I don`t use them after wear I un-stick just from one side, what brings a situation that you can use them minimum 3 times. Plus for extra sealing ,they have Velcro sealing landing zone which can keep wings very well even if tape sticker do not stick any more. Basically like Attends flex with plastic backing.

Tena flex and pants are still good but slip is bad.

ID slip Extra Plus is very good,fits nice and taper are double layered,same like Attends

Thanks wearforsafety,
I'm going to try the Active Slip when I next order.

I recently had a walk where I couldn't find anywhere to change and ended up trapped in a wet diaper for an hour on public transport, which was a bit traumatic, so I'm definitely going to get the inserts and baby diapers ordered for next time and try them both out.

Hi

I regularly go on 10 mile walks as part of a group and toilets are rarely available - most people just go behind a bush. I wear pullups so that I can do things more quickly as any slight after leakage is absorbed. Full nappies get far to warm when walking.

R

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back