US poultry workers denied bathroom breaks, wear diapers to work

Status
Not open for further replies.

INTrePid

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
According to an Oxfam report that just came out, US poultry workers are routinely being denied bathroom breaks and many have resorted to wearing diapers on the job. http://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2016-05-11/poultry-workers-in-diapers-as-bathroom-breaks-denied-oxfam-says

I think everyone would agree that they shouldn't be in this position in the first place, having to choose between using the bathroom and potentially losing their job, but wearing diapers is a much healthier option than severely restricting fluids and/or holding it until they piss themselves and potentially damage organs. :thumbsup:

INTrePid said:
According to an Oxfam report that just came out, US poultry workers are routinely being denied bathroom breaks and many have resorted to wearing diapers on the job. http://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...-diapers-as-bathroom-breaks-denied-oxfam-says

I think everyone would agree that they shouldn't be in this position in the first place, having to choose between using the bathroom and potentially losing their job, but wearing diapers is a much healthier option than severely restricting fluids and/or holding it until they piss themselves and potentially damage organs. :thumbsup:

This is an old issue.
Years ago out in California, NABISCO, Inc. got sued and fined for not allowing their employees to use the bathroom during their shift.
They had to wear disposable diapers all day.
There was a book written years ago, called "Void Where Prohibited" about the lengths employers will go to control the elimination functions of their employees.

- - - Updated - - -

caitianx said:
This is an old issue.
Years ago out in California, NABISCO, Inc. got sued and fined for not allowing their employees to use the bathroom during their shift.
They had to wear disposable diapers all day.
There was a book written years ago, called "Void Where Prohibited" about the lengths employers will go to control the elimination functions of their employees.

Here is the link on Amazon:

http://www.amazon.com/Void-Where-Pr...3024836&sr=1-1&keywords=void+where+prohibited

I could see why they'd get sued after something like that, man that's just so inhumane. Glad it was brought to light.

If you're working around dirty birds I'd personally say F it and piss right on the ground. A human sized pile of poop might raise questions though.

I'm glad I am allowed bathroom breaks whenever I need to go at my job. Wearing diapers where I work will be very uncomfortable and embarrassing because of the nature of the job.

Crinklebuttt said:
If you're working around dirty birds I'd personally say F it and piss right on the ground. A human sized pile of poop might raise questions though.
That would be going out with a bang! Lol

I know we may joke about needing to wear and it'd be convenient, etc. But if you're a non-ABDL and you have to wear diapers to work against your will because you can't take a bathroom break, then there are some serious problems. If they can't take off enough time to use the freaking bathroom, they're certainly not getting breaks or enough rest to do the job properly and in a humane way. The worst part is that there are probably many more similar stories to this where workers are being exploited, over-worked, underpaid, and treated inhumanely, but don't get this sort of news coverage because there's no shock value of "*gasp* They have to wear diapers!".

Can anyone say:

"Please can you serve me some human shit covered Chicken McNuggets?":rollseyes:

caitianx said:
Can anyone say:

"Please can you serve me some human shit covered Chicken McNuggets?":rollseyes:

Where do you think salmonella comes from? It is chickens that eat human waste. So when they say cook it through...

I have "Void where prohibited."

This primarily occurs in industries with large numbers of lower paid women. Men have been peeing in jars and buckets on factory lines since the dawn of the industrial age.

Other than worrying about the dignity of the workers (which is pretty low to begin with in this thing), if you've ever seen the modern food processing system, you'd find that the bathroom issues of workers are probably the least of your problems.

dlinu said:
Where do you think salmonella comes from? It is chickens that eat human waste. So when they say cook it through...

I didn't think it had anything to do with human waste? Just that chickens are one of nature's "natural reservoirs" for the disease? animals that can contract it easily, affects a significant amount of the population, but doesn't affect them badly enough to kill them off and breed in immunity.

Consumer demand for cheap and convenient food is only ever going to worsen conditions in these processes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back