Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: US poultry workers denied bathroom breaks, wear diapers to work

Default US poultry workers denied bathroom breaks, wear diapers to work

According to an Oxfam report that just came out, US poultry workers are routinely being denied bathroom breaks and many have resorted to wearing diapers on the job. http://www.bloomberg.com/news/articl...ied-oxfam-says

I think everyone would agree that they shouldn't be in this position in the first place, having to choose between using the bathroom and potentially losing their job, but wearing diapers is a much healthier option than severely restricting fluids and/or holding it until they piss themselves and potentially damage organs.

Quote Originally Posted by INTrePid View Post
    According to an Oxfam report that just came out, US poultry workers are routinely being denied bathroom breaks and many have resorted to wearing diapers on the job. http://www.bloomberg.com/news/articl...ied-oxfam-says

I think everyone would agree that they shouldn't be in this position in the first place, having to choose between using the bathroom and potentially losing their job, but wearing diapers is a much healthier option than severely restricting fluids and/or holding it until they piss themselves and potentially damage organs.
    This is an old issue.
    Years ago out in California, NABISCO, Inc. got sued and fined for not allowing their employees to use the bathroom during their shift.
    They had to wear disposable diapers all day.
    There was a book written years ago, called "Void Where Prohibited" about the lengths employers will go to control the elimination functions of their employees.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by caitianx View Post
    This is an old issue.
    Years ago out in California, NABISCO, Inc. got sued and fined for not allowing their employees to use the bathroom during their shift.
    They had to wear disposable diapers all day.
    There was a book written years ago, called "Void Where Prohibited" about the lengths employers will go to control the elimination functions of their employees.
    Here is the link on Amazon:

http://www.amazon.com/Void-Where-Pro...ere+prohibited

I could see why they'd get sued after something like that, man that's just so inhumane. Glad it was brought to light.

Quote Originally Posted by skunk053 View Post
    "In an age of scientific wonders and technological miracles, the skunk is still the world's most odiferous machine."
    Check out Thioacetone, it's #4 on this great list: https://www.youtube.com/results?sear...rous+chemicals

(skunks ain't got nothing on that soap factory)

If you're working around dirty birds I'd personally say F it and piss right on the ground. A human sized pile of poop might raise questions though.

I'm glad I am allowed bathroom breaks whenever I need to go at my job. Wearing diapers where I work will be very uncomfortable and embarrassing because of the nature of the job.

Quote Originally Posted by Crinklebuttt View Post
    If you're working around dirty birds I'd personally say F it and piss right on the ground. A human sized pile of poop might raise questions though.
    That would be going out with a bang! Lol

I know we may joke about needing to wear and it'd be convenient, etc. But if you're a non-ABDL and you have to wear diapers to work against your will because you can't take a bathroom break, then there are some serious problems. If they can't take off enough time to use the freaking bathroom, they're certainly not getting breaks or enough rest to do the job properly and in a humane way. The worst part is that there are probably many more similar stories to this where workers are being exploited, over-worked, underpaid, and treated inhumanely, but don't get this sort of news coverage because there's no shock value of "*gasp* They have to wear diapers!".

Can anyone say:

"Please can you serve me some human shit covered Chicken McNuggets?"

Quote Originally Posted by caitianx View Post
    Can anyone say:

"Please can you serve me some human shit covered Chicken McNuggets?"
    Where do you think salmonella comes from? It is chickens that eat human waste. So when they say cook it through...