Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: confused

pissysissypoopants

Default confused

are short names more appropriate?.... Dr.Peachy? Luckie? where am I?

Names that aren't *B/DL related are more appropriate. That's not to say that you can't have something relating to them in your name, but a name like "Pissysissypoopants" just screams pervert. Now, that's not to say you are one, but one can't help to think that with a name like that.

Mesmerale

I agree. It's not about having a short name.

It's about having an appropriate name.

Sure, most of us here are *B/DL, but that doesn't mean we're allowed to be completely inappropriate.

Some of us aren't *B/DL, and the majority of us are minors. And on top of all of that, we take pride in the fact that ADISC is able to actually shed some light on the not perverted aspect of fetishes.

So appropriateness is very important in a name. Your name is what defines you online. And having a very inappropriate name will give of the impression that you are a very inappropriate person in general.

For all intents and purposes, your name could be We_All_Live_In_A_Diapered_Submarine and it would be much better than what you have now.

So in response: No, the length of the name does not matter. What matters is the image that the name projects out to the rest of the community, and to those outside of the community.

Quote Originally Posted by Mesmerale View Post
    Your name is what defines you online. And having a very inappropriate name will give of the impression that you are a very inappropriate person in general.
    /me follows Mes around in-thread again ...

Agreed. Just as bearing, behavior, and how you comport yourself in public tells me an awful lot about your background (or at least awareness of social situations) so too do our nicknames here, and our posts, give hints about who is sitting behind the keyboard.

For instance, all else being equal, I may well befriend someone named "Mesmerale" but not someone named "I_Just_Crapped_Myself."

Like any community, initial impressions coupled with subsequent contributions will shape people's impression and general picture of you.

Quote Originally Posted by Mesmerale View Post
    What matters is the image that the name projects out to the rest of the community, and to those outside of the community.
    I love wordings, and this is one of the better ones I've seen. I'm sure I'm going to use some version of this explanation for some other situation.

I also completly agree.

It's about the image that your screen name gives the impression of, sure you could give yourself an AB/Dl name, but the majority of people who have done that just end up with some perverted name (in your case, yes). Choose a name that is of relevance to yourself and what you want people to think of you.

Darkfinn

with a name like that odds are you won't be around for long anyways...

this is a community support site... not a fetish/pr0n board.

EmeraldsAndLime

Where people get that fuckin' "C" from in my name is a complete mystery to me.

Mesmerale

Quote Originally Posted by Lukie View Post
    Where people get that fuckin' "C" from in my name is a complete mystery to me.
    Sorry, Lukie.

I'm sure if you changed your profile description a little and got an admin to give you a name that isn't so.... that, you'll get along fine.