Tykables Update?

Status
Not open for further replies.
todaler said:
As a DL what type of products do you want?

Pull-Ups!!! Fade when wet Pull-Ups!!!!!!!!! 100000000x Pull-Ups!!!

daboy said:
Pull-Ups!!! Fade when wet Pull-Ups!!!!!!!!! 100000000x Pull-Ups!!!

This x 1000 as well.

Honeywell6180 said:
I think there would be a problem with their bringing back the all white diaper due to the S.E.X. brief they were offering, for the bondage crowd. This turned off most customers who were looking for an all-white product, and this had a negative impact on their sales. People who need diapers are not looking to buy their products from an adult book store. They want something from a legitimate company with clean, "G-Rated" marketing structure, which the S.E.X. had compromised. So the product was pulled.

Pretty sure they changed the marketing to "Tighty Whities". The last case of TW I bought were still in the black bags marked "S.Ex" though. We're already a bit of a niche market, targetting a niche within a niche is of course going to really restrict your sales.

The Tighty Whities are probably the highest capacity all-white diaper for their thickness currently available. If you need high capacity and discreteness for daytime wear, (and they don't make you sweat - my problem), then they're great for the larger IC crowd. And as you were saying, they've got the wrong market spin on them for that audience. If they really wanted to target the bondage crowd, they should have printed chains around the top and a padlock in the front etc, but as it is now once you get them out of the bag, they look pretty much like any other all-white diaper at a glance, and then you're really blurring out the distinction between bondage and AB or DL, and usually they don't overlap too well.

FWIW, I think the TW are the most discrete higher capacity diapers available right now. They also ride low in the back, and that can actually work in your favor. Shirts come untucked, and the back of a TW looks very similar to the back of white boxers. The waistband elastic there looks very similar to the waistband on boxers. That, and being all white, could easily be mistaken for regular underwear.

bambinod said:
Pretty sure they changed the marketing to "Tighty Whities". The last case of TW I bought were still in the black bags marked "S.Ex" though. We're already a bit of a niche market, targetting a niche within a niche is of course going to really restrict your sales.

The Tighty Whities are probably the highest capacity all-white diaper for their thickness currently available. If you need high capacity and discreteness for daytime wear, (and they don't make you sweat - my problem), then they're great for the larger IC crowd. And as you were saying, they've got the wrong market spin on them for that audience. If they really wanted to target the bondage crowd, they should have printed chains around the top and a padlock in the front etc, but as it is now once you get them out of the bag, they look pretty much like any other all-white diaper at a glance, and then you're really blurring out the distinction between bondage and AB or DL, and usually they don't overlap too well.

I think Rearz has the right idea for the bondage crowd with the Seduction diaper. Just a little pricey for everyday wear, but probably not if you are only using them for bondage sessions.

bambinod said:
FWIW, I think the TW are the most discrete higher capacity diapers available right now. They also ride low in the back, and that can actually work in your favor. Shirts come untucked, and the back of a TW looks very similar to the back of white boxers. The waistband elastic there looks very similar to the waistband on boxers. That, and being all white, could easily be mistaken for regular underwear.

I agree. I'm confused why a marketing error would lead to an entire product being discontinued. It's still a great product and actually easier to manufacture if it's based on other models without the outer shell print. Hopefully it will return. The ABU Simple is similar, but not the same.

bambinod said:

I think one way they could redeem the Tighty Whities, would be to simply change the packaging so it would look like an actual bag of diapers, and labeled as such. They would probably have to put nursery prints on the taping panel, to further set it apart from the former S.E.X. garment, though. I am sure their sales would go up once they get rid of that black bag.

Honeywell6180 said:
I think one way they could redeem the Tighty Whities, would be to simply change the packaging so it would look like an actual bag of diapers, and labeled as such. They would probably have to put nursery prints on the taping panel, to further set it apart from the former S.E.X. garment, though. I am sure their sales would go up once they get rid of that black bag.

I would actually suggest keeping the print off, or even drawing a fly seam like on boxers on the front, to increase their passability at a glance for regular underwear. There's a lot more people out there looking for discrete high capacity daytime wear than DL.

InverseTundra said:
but any tykables rep is useless. they avoid every question we care about and answer all the randoms.

Which question did I avoid?

InverseTundra said:
the only thing you have announced is clothing. which tbh abu already did and their way of working sizes for onesies has already sold me.

You mean by offering to let you return a product in like new condition and exchange it for another size or print if it doesn't fit. What online retail store doesn't do that? Also we are doing clothing, more than just Onesies.

InverseTundra said:
Im sorry but to an extent its just not valid. ABU has more damn diapers then i think they know what to do with and they are fairing fine, i also cant see the original waddler doing worse then overnights. but any tykables rep is useless. they avoid every question we care about and answer all the randoms. and on top of that tykables rep. the only thing you have announced is clothing. which tbh abu already did and their way of working sizes for onesies has already sold me. new website i could care less about. the old one was perfectly fine imo. maybe im just salty right now but ive been rather annoyed at tykables run around on shit. i had such high hopes for yall as a company when you released the first waddler. now i could careless. for the foreseeable future ABU and XP Med. will be getting any and all my diaper money. they are just the best companys imo for ab diapers and normal affordable diapers. hopefully ya'll can change my mind. but seeing how ya'll have been lately. i doubt it...

I agree. They are doing too much at once. (My initial point) And since Tykables are reading all these anyway, my other point about the delivery charge still stands. Order via our other outlet Nappies R Us & the delivery price is half the price. £10 "For All Orders" just encourages bulk orders. And bulk orders usually offer free delivery these days. ("Orders over £50") I have to work an hour & a half to get the delivery alone! It's more than Amazon.co.uk next day delivery, it's more than NRU express, it's even more than abdl factory & they are across seas. So please don't shout me down with your list of "we were the first to"; I've read it all on your new partial-website. I always get very suspect when this term "More Simple" crops up. Simple, as in dumb. There's no mention that Tykables ship in Europe & the UK on the Shipping page. I presume you will get to this in due course? Unless it's on your uk domain. Oh wait..

..Your uk website still isn't up. (https://tykables.uk) Or is it the Europe address? I get confused. Nope! That says 404 Error. "Comming Soon". Like I said.. I shan't hold my breath.

My complaints are reasonable. The delivery charge is a well documented qualm amoungst the ABDL community, & it isn't just you, I know. But I am making observations compared to other working business models here in the uk. The website is just.. pfff.. a mess, if I'm frank. You take it away after practically Perfecting your previous one. And still no replacement. Unless you're lucky enough to live in America of course. Are you still going to deliver from London? If so, when is the website for that going to be up?

I'd be grateful for any updates. Thank you in advance.

todaler said:
Which question did I avoid?

I dont mean just you. unless you were the one doing the reddit ama too. but all tykables seems keen to do is say " yea we got new products coming EVENTUALLY " been saying that for way too long with nothing. And i think the most important question i have and i know quite a few others do to. are you going to come back out with a thinner daytime diaper like the original waddler? i know ya'll refuse to say anything about why it vanished or anything regarding your old name. why i simply dont know. your not under nda as far as the copyright/name shit paper work has stated. you volunteered to just change your name without legal consequences. maybe thats not the case. but ya'll refuse to say anything so i can only assume off the data i got. tbh thats all i want to know. Is a thinner product like the original waddler going to come out anytime THIS year and will it be around the same 1$ per diaper by the case as it was or will it be different? and if different, cheaper or more expensive? if ya'll cant answer this or dont know yet then i can assume it wont be this year and ill keep my money going to abu and xp med. i wish it wasnt so tbh. id have dropped so much money on the original waddler at this point if it was still available.

todaler said:
You mean by offering to let you return a product in like new condition and exchange it for another size or print if it doesn't fit. What online retail store doesn't do that? Also we are doing clothing, more than just Onesies.

No. lol. you didnt watch their event did you. for a very discounted price you can order a plain white onesie in 2 sizes (assume 1 small 1 medium and i believe free shipping too.) to see what one fits. once you find which one fits better you send them both back and i believe you get a coupon too to buy a design or colored onesie in the right size without having to guess on what will fit better and be stuck with a product too big or too small to comfortably use. That is a huge difference imo. and what other clothing? i dont care for shirts unless they are not the company name branded ones every company does. if im going to buy a shirt it has to be adorable. aside from that what other products will be actually coming out THIS year?

InverseTundra said:
I dont mean just you. unless you were the one doing the reddit ama too. but all tykables seems keen to do is say " yea we got new products coming EVENTUALLY " been saying that for way too long with nothing. And i think the most important question i have and i know quite a few others do to. are you going to come back out with a thinner daytime diaper like the original waddler? i know ya'll refuse to say anything about why it vanished or anything regarding your old name. why i simply dont know. your not under nda as far as the copyright/name shit paper work has stated. you volunteered to just change your name without legal consequences. maybe thats not the case. but ya'll refuse to say anything so i can only assume off the data i got. tbh thats all i want to know. Is a thinner product like the original waddler going to come out anytime THIS year and will it be around the same 1$ per diaper by the case as it was or will it be different? and if different, cheaper or more expensive? if ya'll cant answer this or dont know yet then i can assume it wont be this year and ill keep my money going to abu and xp med. i wish it wasnt so tbh. id have dropped so much money on the original waddler at this point if it was still available.

If you go back and look at the AMA the question about our daytime Waddler was asked several times and in each instance we said yes we were bringing back a day time product.

https://www.reddit.com/r/ABDL/comments/4aqai8/tykables_ama_here/

"We will be bringing a new day time product out later this year along with other designs and products. The original Waddler will not be produced again, not in its original design at least. If we were to bring back that product we would update the design to include things like fade when wet indicators and other aspects from our Overnights."

As for our name we have addressed this many times before as well, you can read a blog post about it directly on our website. There was also a newsletter sent out as well which stated many of the same things as our blog post.

https://tykables.com/blogs/news/98481345-snuggies-is-now-tykables-refusetoadult

You can also read our responce in our AMA https://www.reddit.com/r/ABDL/comments/4aqai8/tykables_ama_here/d12nd87.

InverseTundra said:
No. lol. you didnt watch their event did you. for a very discounted price you can order a plain white onesie in 2 sizes (assume 1 small 1 medium and i believe free shipping too.) to see what one fits. once you find which one fits better you send them both back and i believe you get a coupon too to buy a design or colored onesie in the right size without having to guess on what will fit better and be stuck with a product too big or too small to comfortably use. That is a huge difference imo. and what other clothing? i dont care for shirts unless they are not the company name branded ones every company does. if im going to buy a shirt it has to be adorable. aside from that what other products will be actually coming out THIS year?

Yes we did watch it. For $25 you get to buy a plain white onesie and see it if fits. You can send it back and get credit for another one, or keep that one as well; which you can bet they hope you do. So really it is just seems as an exchange policy rebranded as something else. Also one would then have to ask, if they offer this on their plain white onesies does this mean they do not offer an exchange policy on the printed ones? Do you HAVE to buy a white one in order to be able to exchange something? Clearly I can not speak for them in either way and I am not trying to imply anything in any direction but pointing out that a simple exchange or refund policy would solve the issue of worrying about products that do not fit. We would and will refund any of our clothing line, except for the underwear, provided they are not altered and are in like new condition within a 14 day time frame and exchange anything within a 21 day time period. tykables.com/refund As for other clothing we will be introducing Onesies, Polo Onesies, Underwear and Jeans later this year.

Thank you for the reddit link. I'm not a regular user there, but that thread answered a lot of my questions. I look forward to your new daytime offering. Next time though, maybe don't have such a gap between products? (maybe it was unavoidable, from either a timing or cash-flow perspective though...) If there were a similar product available right now, (and there really isn't, I've looked!) you'd be fighting to bring back a lot of "switchers" when your new line hit the shelves.

I like very babyish but to conceal is a joke. I always hang keys from my belt loop and i can hear the russle iver that noise. Hold alot. Ither than being noisey i give them a 8

I find Tykables' answer about the original Waddler a bit unclear.

They say they aren't bringing back the original waddler, but then they say if they were going to bring it out they would change X, Y and Z. This makes it sound like they are thinking about bringing out a new version of the original. So which is it?

DloverUK said:
They say they aren't bringing back the original waddler, but then they say if they were going to bring it out they would change X, Y and Z. This makes it sound like they are thinking about bringing out a new version of the original. So which is it?

From what I read, they're not bringing back the "original Waddler". It's being replaced with a "new daytime diaper". This sounds like they're takig the original waddler and retooling it according to the above mentioned X, Y, and Z.

Lets hope it's a change for the better.

DloverUK said:
I find Tykables' answer about the original Waddler a bit unclear.

We are bringing back an updated version of the Waddler.

I'm going to chime in here. I actually DO like the Tykables name better than I did "Snuggies". The Tykables name just has a better ring to it, at least in my opinion. The old Snuggies Waddlers didn't quite have enough material to make the wearer "waddle". They were actually quite thin according to my experiences. But I give credit in that they were not cheap like Attends or Abenas. The Tykables Overnights are a very practical design for daytime use, probably even more so than night time as the label indicates.

My feeling is that the daytime diaper will be very thin and discrete. I am assuming that these will be aimed more towards people who don't wear by choice, and want something that can't be noticed. Yet, they must function better than the pull-ons that are sold in drug stores. I can't say I blame Tykables for going this route. In order to survive, a business has to capture the largest market share it can under the circumstances. Tykables is a very small company that has to compete with multi-billion dollar corporations. Their quality and wearability has to go above the likes of Covidien, Prevail, Tena, Attends, Abena, Medline, and similar large companies.

And I really do hope that Tykables can gain on some of the mainstream market. I just want to see people suffer less. Oh, I forgot to mention. Thicker and more absorbent diapers also help me do my job better as a janitor. Cleaning restrooms is a daily routine for me. Sometimes, I will run into used incontinence products. The design of those drugstore pull-ups is not the fault of the customer, really. I blame the likes of Kimberly Clark for making such a shoddy product that doesn't hold up well enough to contain fluids. I usually have to put in a lot of paper towels to soak up the excess liquid that leaks. I wouldn't have that problem if Tykables were sold in drug stores, and doctors started writing prescriptions. And I am being fully honest. It would please me so, because I would have less to worry about cleaning up!

So there you have it. Thicker adult diapers are actually more convenient for me as a janitor than the wafer-thin trash that's offered by the big shot know-it-all companies. Keep us updated, Tykables. I also want to thank you in advance for helping make my work life a little easier.

todaler said:
If you go back and look at the AMA the question about our daytime Waddler was asked several times and in each instance we said yes we were bringing back a day time product.

https://www.reddit.com/r/ABDL/comments/4aqai8/tykables_ama_here/

"We will be bringing a new day time product out later this year along with other designs and products. The original Waddler will not be produced again, not in its original design at least. If we were to bring back that product we would update the design to include things like fade when wet indicators and other aspects from our Overnights."

As for our name we have addressed this many times before as well, you can read a blog post about it directly on our website. There was also a newsletter sent out as well which stated many of the same things as our blog post.

https://tykables.com/blogs/news/98481345-snuggies-is-now-tykables-refusetoadult

You can also read our responce in our AMA https://www.reddit.com/r/ABDL/comments/4aqai8/tykables_ama_here/d12nd87.

Yes we did watch it. For $25 you get to buy a plain white onesie and see it if fits. You can send it back and get credit for another one, or keep that one as well; which you can bet they hope you do. So really it is just seems as an exchange policy rebranded as something else. Also one would then have to ask, if they offer this on their plain white onesies does this mean they do not offer an exchange policy on the printed ones? Do you HAVE to buy a white one in order to be able to exchange something? Clearly I can not speak for them in either way and I am not trying to imply anything in any direction but pointing out that a simple exchange or refund policy would solve the issue of worrying about products that do not fit. We would and will refund any of our clothing line, except for the underwear, provided they are not altered and are in like new condition within a 14 day time frame and exchange anything within a 21 day time period. tykables.com/refund As for other clothing we will be introducing Onesies, Polo Onesies, Underwear and Jeans later this year.

It's been stated that your going to be bringing back a daytime product for months now with no updates. maybe Bambinod is right and it was cash flow or something else. But at least try to time frame it. Saying something is going to be coming back out "soon" but endlessly delaying it or not talking about it turns alot of people off/away and im one of those people. I'm trying really hard not to get mad at you or the company but idk. its just ticking me off. With the name. yea you stated it was for future purposes with trademark and such but you discontinued the waddler along with it for zero reason ( that hasnt been explained at all ) and to me it feels like something else went on legally kinda forcing the discontinuation and name change. Its the feeling that something more is going on but nothing is being said and things are just disappearing that bothers me most. And yes it is just a exchange policy. But most companys wont even attempt to take back any clothing that could be "dirty/contaminated" so i kinda give them points there. If you guys really do have that too then awesome. All the power to ya and i apologize. Im sure there has been a total shit ton going on behind the scenes with you guys and i dont knock you for that, i just wish you were a bit more vocal with updates and such. ABU and Diaper Connoisseur are the best at it that i can remember off hand. Updates, even small ones are awesome to let everyone know that things are still rolling around, even if it looks otherwise. This is just my opinion. thanks for reading and such and replying. have a good one :)

InverseTundra said:
It's been stated that your going to be bringing back a daytime product for months now with no updates. maybe Bambinod is right and it was cash flow or something else. But at least try to time frame it. Saying something is going to be coming back out "soon" but endlessly delaying it or not talking about it turns alot of people off/away and im one of those people. I'm trying really hard not to get mad at you or the company but idk. its just ticking me off. With the name. yea you stated it was for future purposes with trademark and such but you discontinued the waddler along with it for zero reason ( that hasnt been explained at all ) and to me it feels like something else went on legally kinda forcing the discontinuation and name change. Its the feeling that something more is going on but nothing is being said and things are just disappearing that bothers me most. And yes it is just a exchange policy. But most companys wont even attempt to take back any clothing that could be "dirty/contaminated" so i kinda give them points there. If you guys really do have that too then awesome. All the power to ya and i apologize. Im sure there has been a total shit ton going on behind the scenes with you guys and i dont knock you for that, i just wish you were a bit more vocal with updates and such. ABU and Diaper Connoisseur are the best at it that i can remember off hand. Updates, even small ones are awesome to let everyone know that things are still rolling around, even if it looks otherwise. This is just my opinion. thanks for reading and such and replying. have a good one :)

The problem with giving a time frame like you want is, well what if we miss it? When we have an exact time we will say it. It is far better to under promise and over deliver. The waddler was discontinued because it had the Snuggies name on it... We discontinued that product as we were about to transition to Tykables. We also focused on direct distribution Canada, the UK, and Europe. In doing so we brought the two new products into these markets. The Waddler also wasn't as big of a seller once the Overnight came out. While there is a demand for it, it wasn't the biggest. Now that there are essentially no other day time products like that one its demand this type of product has gone up which makes making it again all that more logical; so we are. As for a release date, again as we get closer we will give a time on it. There are other things we are also working on which do affect that date and with the many moving parts we would rather not give a date and miss it because something happened which delayed that.

Most companies take back or exchange any clothing items that are not underwear or "intimate" so long as they are in like new condition, it is not that uncommon at all. While I am sure you can find them I would say it is harder to find a company who will not take back something over one that would, provided it is in like new condition and in a reasonable time frame.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back