Thread: I seek a KMART LCD TV with DVI connector?

Default I seek a KMART LCD TV with DVI connector?

I am trying to find if Kmart has an LCD tv with DVI connectors that is over 30 inch... that way I can have my TV with inputs for Dish, PS3, Xbox360, and PC. All I'd have to do is press a button to change it.

Save me a lot of space.

BUT I want DVI because the picture quality is horrible with VGA, and Kmart is the only store I know of with layaway. Thank you

Two things... first, anything with multiple HDMI ports will work, because HDMI and DVI carry the same video signal, so a simple adapter or HDMI-DVI cable will work. Second, it's pretty unlikely that you'd be able to tell the difference between DVI and VGA on the kind of TVs that a place like Kmart carries, especially if you're using a half-decent VGA cable. Just a though.

Quote Originally Posted by element View Post
    Two things... first, anything with multiple HDMI ports will work, because HDMI and DVI carry the same video signal, so a simple adapter or HDMI-DVI cable will work. Second, it's pretty unlikely that you'd be able to tell the difference between DVI and VGA on the kind of TVs that a place like Kmart carries, especially if you're using a half-decent VGA cable. Just a though.
    I've been shopping for a new TV. A big one isn't necessary to me as far as screen size goes but that seemed to be the only way to get 1080p until I found a 32" set at Walmart with 1080p for $500. I hate to buy from Walmart but I haven't seen another like that anywhere else. Any info would be appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by element View Post
    Using a VGA cable on the computer in the living room and there is a massive diff from DVI, this cable makes interference in the black color.

HDMI? Never though of that, my computer tower ( Dell ) has a HDMI port on it, what exactly is the purpose of that?

Quote Originally Posted by cation View Post
    I've been shopping for a new TV. A big one isn't necessary to me as far as screen size goes but that seemed to be the only way to get 1080p until I found a 32" set at Walmart with 1080p for $500. I hate to buy from Walmart but I haven't seen another like that anywhere else. Any info would be appreciated.
    Samsung and Sony both make 26" class (25.5-26" diagonally measured) LCD's that are 1080p. My uncle bought a samsung for his RV and it is impressive. Although to me, you can't have an LCD that's too big.

Quote Originally Posted by timmydiaperloverboy View Post
    Using a VGA cable on the computer in the living room and there is a massive diff from DVI, this cable makes interference in the black color.

HDMI? Never though of that, my computer tower ( Dell ) has a HDMI port on it, what exactly is the purpose of that?

The HDMI port transmits video up to 1080p and 7.1 audio on one cable. Do NOT buy the $79 (or more) cable at best buy. Any HDMI 1.3 compliant cable will work, and you can find them cheap at Sams / Costco, or Radio Shack.

MUAHAHAHAHAHA! #666 :evil:

Quote Originally Posted by Lil Snap View Post
    Samsung and Sony both make 26" class (25.5-26" diagonally measured) LCD's that are 1080p. My uncle bought a samsung for his RV and it is impressive. Although to me, you can't have an LCD that's too big.

The HDMI port transmits video up to 1080p and 7.1 audio on one cable. Do NOT buy the $79 (or more) cable at best buy. Any HDMI 1.3 compliant cable will work, and you can find them cheap at Sams / Costco, or Radio Shack.

MUAHAHAHAHAHA! #666 :evil:

I don't want to use the Dell's integrated GFX, though, wouldn't I need a video card w. HDMI output?

Quote Originally Posted by timmydiaperloverboy View Post
    I don't want to use the Dell's integrated GFX, though, wouldn't I need a video card w. HDMI output?
    Well, if you don't want to use the integrated graphics, you gotta get something. Some cards have a dedicated HDMI out, but more use an HDMI adapter on the DVI port (usually supplied with the card) Unless you are gaming your ass off, the on board graphics should be sufficient for general stuff, but I don't know about displaying HD content saved on your computer.