Status
Not open for further replies.

Trevor

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Babyfur
Man, it's been a rough year for celebrity deaths! Prince has unfortunately been added to that list: http://www.cnn.com/2016/04/21/entertainment/prince-estate-death/

I was only a peripheral Prince fan. I never bought one of his albums and I haven't seen Purple Rain. Despite that, he was still a noteworthy oddball musical genius to me, and I'm sorry to see him go. There was continuing coverage on NPR today and I found it both fascinating and irritating to hear anecdotes of the people who had worked with him in different capacities. The world feels a little less weird today.

Unfortunately we have lost quite a few great entertainers this year and prince is and was one of those who we lost way to early his music will live forever

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

I saw the news on CNN and did like two or three double takes. I'm still expecting Prince to pop up and say it was a hoax

MitchThaToddler said:
I saw the news on CNN and did like two or three double takes. I'm still expecting Prince to pop up and say it was a hoax
Honestly he has been dealing with some health issues the past few weeks but I didn't think it was life threatening but yet again we have lost another great artist R.I.P Prince

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

first David Bowie and now Prince :(

SoakedSheets said:
first David Bowie and now Prince :(

In the past 6 months we've lost Scott Wieland, Lemmy, David Bowie, Natalie Cole, Glenn Frey, Merle Haggard, and now Prince. It has been a rough time for the world of music

I always thought of Prince as our generation's Mozart. He was an absolute musical genius. He played many of the instruments on his recordings. More than that, his music was wonderfully complex. I loved his score for the first Bat Man movie. I thought it was brilliant. I remember his performance at the Super Bowl and it was very impressive. If I recall correctly, the show included the rhythmic marching band of Howard University, and Prince performed his magic, keeping his band in sync with a band out on the field. Anyone who has tried something like this knows there's a tremendous time lag as sound travels a lot slower than light, yet they were completely together. I still marvel to this day.

He was in the rare air of the great rock stars. I pray he's still jamming and doing his thing in the next world.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back