Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: I think the people who work at a place I regularly go to know I wear nappies?

Default I think the people who work at a place I regularly go to know I wear nappies?

I go to a small cafe four times a week and lounge around there for a bit, in that timeframe I almost always end up having an accident and having to go and get a change. I always throw the nappy into the bin and then move out quickly, content that no one will know it's mine. However, the bin is relatively small and doesn't have a lid, so anyone who clears it out will almost certainly notice the soiled garments, and I think the staff have worked out it's me who keeps putting them in. Today and the day before they seemed to be eyeing my butt as I came in and whispering about me to one another, I think I heard one of them giggle at me. The guy who took my order went out of his way to talk to me in a patronizing tone he'd never given me before, and most concerning of all, a waitress randomly told me that the toilets were open anytime I needed them.... (as if I had no idea and this was news to me...) I've gotten paranoid about this sort of thing a lot and I may just be looking too much into it, but I'm genuinely worried they've found me out, that was one of my favorite places to go and now I might not be able to hang out there without fear of humiliation... What do you guys think? and has anything like this happened to you?

Derek, It sounds to me as if you may be right about their having figured out that you are the guy who leaves used diapers in the establishment's bathroom. Assuming that you're really incontinent, so what? Let them have their little joke and get on with your life. Using a diaper for incontinence is in principle no different than using a tissue to blow a runny nose. In the long run, I think that the way to overcome the stigma associated with wearing an adult diaper is to be less secretive about it.

Yeah true, I'm just very scared about people finding out since I was humiliated over it a lot as a kid, and I've found it really hard to recover. I just get upset when it seems like the humiliation will continue even into adulthood.

Quote Originally Posted by derek245 View Post
    Yeah true, I'm just very scared about people finding out since I was humiliated over it a lot as a kid, and I've found it really hard to recover. I just get upset when it seems like the humiliation will continue even into adulthood.
    I'm sorry to hear that Derek, I know how you feel. Being picked on for your incontinence can be very humiliating, but there's nothing you can do about it and you just have to accept yourself and try not to worry about other people's opinions.

I hope you don't have to deal with bullying as an adult but the humiliation doesn't stop until you decide not to be humiliated. When someone discovers my incontinence and then makes fun of me it still hurts but you have to be bigger person and let it go.

I agree with everyone else, but I wondered, could you change your diaper someplace else? Then it wouldn't be much of an issue for them.

I always throw the nappy into the bin and then move out quickly, content that no one will know it's mine. However, the bin is relatively small and doesn't have a lid, so anyone who clears it out will almost certainly notice the soiled garments...
    Are you using large premium diapers or smaller thinner ones? Are you properly disposing of it by rolling it up or just tossing it in the small bin? Would it be possible for you to carry a backpack or laptop bag, put the used product in a plastic bag, and then carrying it out of the restroom in your backpack for disposal elsewhere?

Just curious. I myself have no qualms with being a bit confrontational during such encounters and wouldn't change my habits for someone else like them. I understand your feelings though. Just make sure you aren't being blatantly obvious in your disposal. I have seen used diapers in public restrooms just tossed away open for the world to see, or even worse, left behind in a stall.

I wear premium, and yes I tend to roll it up and throw it in. I sometimes bring a plastic bag to put it in, and then put that into my work bag, but there've been times where it's leaked out which would be terrible if I happened to have an important document or something. I've been thinking of getting another bag solely for my used nappies sometime which would definitely eliminate the problem even if it might draw more attention. I'm usually discreet, but it was kind of impossible in that bathroom, I remember thinking it was a problem even then, I probably wouldn't have even kept going to the cafe if the rest of it weren't so nice.

I wear premium, and yes I tend to roll it up and throw it in. I sometimes bring a plastic bag to put it in, and then put that into my work bag, but there've been times where it's leaked out which would be terrible if I happened to have an important document or something. I've been thinking of getting another bag solely for my used nappies sometime which would definitely eliminate the problem even if it might draw more attention. I'm usually discreet, but it was kind of impossible in that bathroom, I remember thinking it was a problem even then, I probably wouldn't have even kept going to the cafe if the rest of it weren't so nice.
    I can strongly relate to being professional while having limited continence.

Coming from that point of view, I strongly suggest you bring plastic bags. Bagging creates less difficulty for you and potentially for the staff, depending on how their cleanup works. It cuts down on smell and it just makes your diaper changing procedures more versatile in general. Please do consider it.

I wear seni quatro diapers for me i have no choice. They hold 96 fluid ounces. I wear at work and i have made it blatent that i dont care what people think of me. Here is food for thought.. when the pot boils dry its just u. Do wat makes u happy. Try not to worry bout it. People make fun of what they dont understand.