Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sleepwalking: this is a new one for me

Default Sleepwalking: this is a new one for me

So, last night something happened to me that I've never had happen before. I was sleepwalking. My dad was awoken by banging and loud noises and after searching all over the house he found ME re-arranging my sister's bedroom furniture (she's away at college.)

Not knowing I was asleep he shouted "Hey, what the f**k are you doing?" This woke me up and it scared the s**t out of me! I was completely disoriented. I didn't know what I had done, where I was or why I did it. I'm still quite confused by the whole thing. I moved a desk, an oversized ferret cage and when he found me I was attempting to move the bed. I don't understand.

I've never had this happen to me ever before. Anyone else ever had anything like this happen? I must say I'm a bit confused and concerned.

Also just remembered: Could the 8 beers I drank that night have had something to do with it? I'm really worried.

I think I would cut back on the beer and see what happens could also save on other problems down the road.
    Take care.

Sorry but I laughed at this, sleepwalking and moving furniture around.

I hope it doesn't happen again though, and hope your dad wasn't too upset about it afterwards.

Yeah, cut down on the beer.

Oh geez! Haha. A friend of mine used to sleepwalk outside and lock himself out of the house as a kid! His parents had to tie his ankle to his bed post so he wouldn't walk out into traffic or get lost.

Maybe try what the others said and cut down on the beer before going to extremes like bondage.

Had you been reading my story on this site, "The House at the End of the Road"? She does exactly that in the story.

I'm guessing there's some underlying reason, but maybe not. Is this the first year your sister has been gone? Maybe you're missing her, and rearranging the furniture is the mind's way of trying to make order or sense out of her being gone, trying to put things in an order it can accept?

Anyway, I'd limit the beer drinking. Maybe it was nothing more than an upset stomach.

Quote Originally Posted by dogboy View Post
    Had you been reading my story on this site, "The House at the End of the Road"? She does exactly that in the story.

I'm guessing there's some underlying reason, but maybe not. Is this the first year your sister has been gone? Maybe you're missing her, and rearranging the furniture is the mind's way of trying to make order or sense out of her being gone, trying to put things in an order it can accept?

Anyway, I'd limit the beer drinking. Maybe it was nothing more than an upset stomach.
    No wasn't reading the story. That's a strange coincidence though don't you think? As far as missing her. Maybe. It is strange, her being gone and all. I don't know. Maybe I was just drunk. Not really sure.

MarchinBunny

I used to sleep walk now and again when I was younger. Would find my self sleeping on the floor in my sisters bedroom. XD

After those few times, I never slept walked again. The only thing worse than sleep walking is drinking too much and blacking out and not knowing what happened the night prior. Generally never happens, but was taking medication due to bed wetting, which decreases urine production and oh boy was drinking a bad decision while on that medication XD. Apparent I got in a fight, and the person I apparently was fighting was limping the next day. Knocked over all the chairs in the local mcdonalds, had my ice cream stolen, and got kicked out and then fell asleep on a bus stop bench. o.o ... I then some how made it back home without getting in trouble with the school I was in. It's weird to think about it. Knowing you where doing things that you where not even aware that you did.

There was only one other time I blacked out, and that was at our anime club party. I drank so much, feel asleep on the couch, wet the couch and the club members took a picture of their club president having had an accident XD. Talk about embarrassing. Overall we had a good time .. so no biggie lol.

It could have been worse... You could have been sleepwalking in nothing but a diaper.

I have termed myself a sleep stripper... If I put my footed sleeper on at night it will be off by morning, I rearrange the blankets on the bed too. I used to put a diaper pin through the zipper pull on my sleeper so I could not take it off... Then I got too smart in my sleep and that quit working

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I once sleepwalked while padded up. Luckily my family was out for the weekend. I woke up in the crib we had set up in the addition to our house. I was also holding my baby blankie and was crying. Although I am unsure why I was crying, I think it is because I've always have a fear of being left alone.

D1aperBOY

thats sounds quite funny
    sorry.
    I reckon 8 beers is one hell of a lot and probably the cause!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by diapernh View Post
    It could have been worse... You could have been sleepwalking in nothing but a diaper.

I have termed myself a sleep stripper... If I put my footed sleeper on at night it will be off by morning, I rearrange the blankets on the bed too. I used to put a diaper pin through the zipper pull on my sleeper so I could not take it off... Then I got too smart in my sleep and that quit working
    Are you serious??
    You managed to undo a diaper pin in your sleep??!!