Ways to reduce noise and visibility?

Status
Not open for further replies.
As has been shared by other contributors to this post, unless you are wearing extremely thick diapers and pencil thin clothing, you are most likely never going to be noticed. However, there certainly are types of clothing that you can wear that will reduce this risk.

1) Onesies - these not only quiet the noise of a crinkles and rustling, but also cover up the diaper in the even that you are wearing a t-shirt and jeans and you bend over for some reason and the t-shirt rides up above your jeans. Without the onesie, the diaper can very possibly show, just as ones other types of underwear show in this kind of situation.

2) Jeans - Jeans tend to cover up the bulk of the diaper nicely as well as muffle any sounds. A caution is to not wear to tight of jeans though that can make the extra padding show.

3) Wear a shirt that is crinkly. There are certain types of shirts that naturally make a crinkly sound and they can often mask any kind of rustle or crinkle from a diaper. This would hold true for a windbreaker, coat, etc.

4) Game face - Put on your game face and go out with confidence. If you are acting like you are trying to hide something, well then people might pick up on that and try to figure out why you are not yourself. But if you act like everything is as normal as pie, then even if they hear or see something that is bulkier than normal or a strange crinkly noise, they are not going to give it a second thought because you are giving no clue as to anything out of the ordinary. This has a very powerful effect. If you don't believe me, google the girl wearing painted on pants in New York and girl wearing painted on shirt in New York. In these cases a girl had only painted on pants and a painted on shirt and literally nobody noticed!!!

If someone can go around walking the streets of New York City in nothing but paint and nobody notices, I can pretty well guarantee you that if you have a diaper under your clothes and you are not flaunting it and just going about your business, it is highly unlikely that ANYONE will suspect otherwise.

I wear diapers now 24/7, either pullups in the day or regular diapers, and guess what??? I have never been given any second glance. This includes even wearing at the gym under my gym shorts.

This being said.... DON'T do this through airport security unless you are prepared to explain why you are wearing a diaper. Happened to me.

:detective3

Teddy Bear Cowboy

Reactions: DiaperDiva
Great post TeddyBearCowboy, that definitely covers all the bases! Even about airport security :)

SoakedSheets said:
I think the main thing is that most ppl aren't really thinking with diapers in mind, so even if you're crinkling a bit or you feel the diaper is noticeable it's not noticeable to others. If your diapers show at the top of your jeans, make sure to wear longer shirts! :p

I'm in diapers 24/7 and like others have said, nobody notices unless you're careless and the diaper peeks out
If anyone does notice I don't think they would comment in any case. In the three years or more that I have worn nappies 24/7 I have only heard one comment and it wasn't directed at me a young girl said to her mother why is that man wearing a nappy? I never heard the mothers reply. I didn't feel at all embarrassed.

ST50 said:
If anyone does notice I don't think they would comment in any case. In the three years or more that I have worn nappies 24/7 I have only heard one comment and it wasn't directed at me a young girl said to her mother why is that man wearing a nappy? I never heard the mothers reply. I didn't feel at all embarrassed.
kids say the darndest things!

I've just started thinking about wearing a diaper to work. This was helpful!

I wear a premium disposable diaper with a booster pad and plastic pants to manage my bladder incontinence caused by cauda equina syndrome. Although effective, the is a bulky solution. The best I can manage is buying pants that are one size bigger in the waist, which helps to accommodate the diaper bulk. The diaper and plastic pants do make noise when I move around, but there's not much I can do about that. Denim is probably the best material at concealing. What I have come to accept is that even a modestly observant individual can tell I'm wearing a diaper, and I have to simply discipline my mind to focus on other, more important matters.

The crinkle is always louder to you than others, and wearing compression shorts or leggings really help with noise

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk

Plain colored onesies help! Also what i call crinkle pants. The kind that you work out in that make noise. Bike shorts help to compress as well.

Agree with most comments, but I'd like to add that I do have to be careful when choosing skirts of dresses b/c of visible front bulges where there should not be any; I was wearing a dress the other day that hung loose in front, but I happened to be walking into the wind. It blew the fabric tight to my body, and the diaper bulge was revealed. I might have thought no one would notice anyway on a busy city sidewalk, but sure enough a passing woman stared directly at that level as if trying to figure it out. C'est la vie. That's her problem. Of course, tonight, in another loose fitting dress, I very nearly had a Marilyn Monroe moment while talking to a group of former students; that might have been a tad embarrassing...

not worrying too much (if you look nervous and keep fidgeting) about it is a major way to cut back on the noticeability... that and making sure you know the amount of time between needing changes, you can wear vinyl pants in some situations to limit noise

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back