Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Well it seems like I was right unfortunately

Default Well it seems like I was right unfortunately

My fiance and I broke up. It seems that things just weren't going to work for us. I'll still be trying to get my GED and all that, this is just very depressing. Any advice on how to cope or just well meant thoughts would be appreciated. I've known her for about 6 years and we dated for two. Not that it matters anymore since it's over.... Forever? I don't know. For now? Yes. I just hope to make it through this without dropping off an emotional cliff.

After about 4 hours of crying off an on, I think I'll be able to make it.. But I have my doubts. I know it's not as bad as it could be. It could always be worse, but this, just isn't good.

I'm sorry to hear it Premetheus. Breaking up a relationship is really rough. I don't really know how much my advice is worth, but I'd suggest trying to look for other things for the moment. Don't jump right into a new relationship, but instead wait a little while, work on stuff like your health, hobbies, eating good food, that sort of thing. Time will, eventually, heal all wounds.

Quote Originally Posted by ArchieRoni View Post
    I'm sorry to hear it Premetheus. Breaking up a relationship is really rough. I don't really know how much my advice is worth, but I'd suggest trying to look for other things for the moment. Don't jump right into a new relationship, but instead wait a little while, work on stuff like your health, hobbies, eating good food, that sort of thing. Time will, eventually, heal all wounds.
    Thanks ArchieRoni, I appreciate the condolences. As for your advice? You're absolutely right... I need to give it time. I'm not going to jump into another relationship right away. I'm cautiously optimistic about my future. I was actually in the midst of writing a little album of songs to put on my YouTube. I'm thinking I can either let the pain just hurt, or channel it into something more creative.

Like what ArchieRoni said, take things slow and take care of yourself. You may have cried it out over four hours, but if you feel like you need to cry some more, that's okay too. You're probably going to feel pretty raw and down for the next few months and that's okay. Just focus on taking care of your health, spending time with friends, and doing the things you love.

Quote Originally Posted by ZenOfBourbon View Post
    Like what ArchieRoni said, take things slow and take care of yourself. You may have cried it out over four hours, but if you feel like you need to cry some more, that's okay too. You're probably going to feel pretty raw and down for the next few months and that's okay. Just focus on taking care of your health, spending time with friends, and doing the things you love.
    I'm going to try to keep up my exercise, take care of my health, and try to not let this bring me deeper into a pit of depression than I already was. I'm doing what I can to stay focused on more postive things and hopefully my friends don't get to busy. I'm definitely not going to be dating for at least half a year if not longer. I need time to myself to heal and find constructive things to do.

Well, I've been there but many years ago. It's never easy and depression can easily take over. It did for me. The only thing you can do is what others have said. Stay busy, get out with friends, work on some projects, etc. In my case, I always met someone else. Some were good for me and some were damaging. It all goes down in the mental book of experiences that we all keep. Eventually though, I met the woman who became my wife. I hope you get as lucky.

Quote Originally Posted by dogboy View Post
    Well, I've been there but many years ago. It's never easy and depression can easily take over. It did for me. The only thing you can do is what others have said. Stay busy, get out with friends, work on some projects, etc. In my case, I always met someone else. Some were good for me and some were damaging. It all goes down in the mental book of experiences that we all keep. Eventually though, I met the woman who became my wife. I hope you get as lucky.
    I hope that I do as well. I've been pretty busy writing a few songs. I'm going to put them on YouTube. I know that I won't get anything out of it financial or otherwise, just writing and singing helps me feel like I'm doing something. Even if it ends up being for nothing. I really don't have any musical instruments and background music is always something I couldn't ever figure out. In any case I'm sure something good will come of it even if it's just a single nice comment.

Quote Originally Posted by Premetheus View Post
    I hope that I do as well. I've been pretty busy writing a few songs. I'm going to put them on YouTube. I know that I won't get anything out of it financial or otherwise, just writing and singing helps me feel like I'm doing something. Even if it ends up being for nothing. I really don't have any musical instruments and background music is always something I couldn't ever figure out. In any case I'm sure something good will come of it even if it's just a single nice comment.
    I think that's a good idea. I've been practicing and playing a lot of different piano pieces. I think I may eventually play them in concert, but I'm doing it more for me. It keeps me busy and I feel like I'm accomplishing something of value. Playing Chopin, Schumann, Grieg, and Mendelssohn meets some challenges which I need. It's sort of a mental bucket list I've had for awhile. I have recordings of all these works and I feel I'm sort of at their level when I can do the same. If I get really ambitious, I'll add the last movement to Beethoven's "Moonlight Sonata". You've heard the first opening lines in what I think is a phone commercial.

Quote Originally Posted by dogboy View Post
    I think that's a good idea. I've been practicing and playing a lot of different piano pieces. I think I may eventually play them in concert, but I'm doing it more for me. It keeps me busy and I feel like I'm accomplishing something of value. Playing Chopin, Schumann, Grieg, and Mendelssohn meets some challenges which I need. It's sort of a mental bucket list I've had for awhile. I have recordings of all these works and I feel I'm sort of at their level when I can do the same. If I get really ambitious, I'll add the last movement to Beethoven's "Moonlight Sonata". You've heard the first opening lines in what I think is a phone commercial.
    Well actually I've heard the whole song many times, I actually like classical music. Sounds like you have a great challenge ahead of you.

Quote Originally Posted by Premetheus View Post
    Well actually I've heard the whole song many times, I actually like classical music. Sounds like you have a great challenge ahead of you.
    Haha...yes I do. I now have a lot of arthritis in my hands and some pieces like the Beethoven can be painful to play, but as they say, no pain, no gain.