Status
Not open for further replies.

gnd567

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Little
Help me, please! I'm almost in tears! My dad got home before I did and opened a package he thought was something else and it was an ENTIRE CASE of ABU LittlePawz diapers! He confronted me about it while I was working on something in my room and seemed very concerned. He says its the second time he's found them! Oh my God! I'm having the absolute worst anxiety attack of my entire life right now. My head is pounding, my stomach is in knots, my teeth are chattering, I'm having a hard time breathing and thinking straight. I'm freaked out! He asked me what I needed them for and if I was ok and I just said "I'm fine" and went back to doing what I was doing as if he wasn't there and he left after a few seconds.

Why didn't I just come out and say it? I don't know how many of you come from the South but I am and the people here are usually pretty stuck in their ways of thinking and aren't usually very accepting of people with strange quirks/kinks like this. I'm terrified of the possible fallout. I saved up for a long time for these diapers and now I feel so ashamed I don't even want to look at them! I hate this!

He doesn't seem mad.......I would just be straight up about it. Whatever is going to happen....will happen whether you come out to him or not. He saw what he saw.....so it is better to set the record straight and deal with it then to have him create his own assumptions.

I know. I'm just so scared right now. I've been saving up for 3 months now and now that I have them, I feel disgusted with myself.

Just about everyone has a kink or something that they are into....nothing to be disgusted about. I'm sure he knows you are embarrassed about it....just be honest and open a dialogue. Even if it is only you saying "Sorry you had to find out about it this way...but it is something personal and private that I am dealing with. I am ok and love you."

Wow. Lots of replies here from people who apparently didn't have parents..?

Maybe wait it out. Dads have a way of knowing when they shouldn't ask about things, even though they probably already know the answer. It was more than clear what they were, and he probably didn't investigate further out of self-defense. Lol.

You now have a reason to both fear, and wink-and-nod at your old man.

I wouldn't say anything until he brings it up again.

I agree with tobdy. The longer people tend to sit and stew the more their brain starts to try and fill in the blanks. And often those blanks get filled with anything but the truth. You need to talk to him. Even if it's just to let him know that you are ok, you aren't sick, and it's something personal and private. If he goes from there just try to be rash and explain things best you can. Honestly it doesn't sound like he's angry.

tobdy1986 said:
Just about everyone has a kink or something that they are into....nothing to be disgusted about. I'm sure he knows you are embarrassed about it....just be honest and open a dialogue. Even if it is only you saying "Sorry you had to find out about it this way...but it is something personal and private that I am dealing with. I am ok and love you."

:iagree:

I know you are scared right now, you're probably feel better talking to your dad about it. And it will be out in the open.

I live with my son how is a middle, and I have encourage him to always be open with me. He has made some interesting mistakes in his life even have to go to prison for a while. But he is my son and I love him. I would never reject him. And answers the second time your dad to come across your diapers. I don't think he's got rejected you. But right now I suspect he's worried about you.

So to stop things excavating I would encourage you to have a chat with your dad.

He will probably have questions for you. Be as honest as you can.

At least this way both of you will be able to sleep tonight.

And we are hear for you.

Sisi

You guys are dumb. Since when has "personal and private" ever worked with a parent, and resulted in zero followup questions and action?

Trisy said:
Wow. Lots of replies here from people who apparently didn't have parents..?

Maybe wait it out. Dads have a way of knowing when they shouldn't ask about things, even though they probably already know the answer. It was more than clear what they were, and he probably didn't investigate further out of self-defense. Lol.

You now have a reason to both fear, and wink-and-nod at your old man.

I wouldn't say anything until he brings it up again.

Um.....dad already knows and wants to talk about it and already tried. Above and beyond that....it is not the first time, which would lead any conscious parent to realize that this is an ongoing thing. GND obviously lives at home and will probably order again so why not keep future deliveries from causing more issues and fix the problem now. It seems to be an adult solution. They weren't medical diapers...they were printed....so the idea of it being played off as a medical need or precaution is already out the window. If you want them to respect you and your privacy....it seems like now is a good time to earn that respect.

- - - Updated - - -

Trisy said:
You guys are dumb. Since when has "personal and private" ever worked with a parent, and resulted in zero followup questions and action?

But hiding it and being sneaky is a logical solution after being busted.....right. *rolls eyes*

Trisy said:

There going to be followup question anyway and there always consequences to actions.
Personally I would have open and honest. Then and answered questions.

That being said gnd567 is the only one that can decide what he's going to do. As he is the best one to judge his familys reactions to his lifestyle.

You know how that respect is earned? You move out of their house.

This whole idea of parents being OK with their adult child wearing diapers while still at home is the epitome of the fantastically retarded ideals some of you hold, and, honestly, is likely the reason why your lives aren't going the way you'd like.

Hiding and being sneaky is the only solution you have, and, moving out and having freedom two do as you please is the reward for your hard work.

Trisy said:

This whole idea of parents being OK with their adult child wearing diapers while still at home is the epitome of the fantastically retarded ideals some of you hold, and, honestly, is likely the reason why your lives aren't going the way you'd like.

Hiding and being sneaky is the only solution you have, and, moving out and having freedom two do as you please is the reward for your hard work.

I find your attitude unnecessary. In this situation....the parents are aware of what is coming into their home...so the time for sneaking is over....they found an entire case of diapers and opened them for pete's sake. And this isn't the first time. You don't know people situations, so stating that moving out is the best solution is ignorant. Parents may not be ok with it....but there is no going back....so the best possible outcome will come from being an adult about it. Do I think they will let you wear around them?....no....that is not my point. The conversation needs to be had and then hopefully this can go back to being a private matter.

And PS....my life is amazing! I have a full-time career, a loving husband, and a great family. Sounds like more ignorance based on assumptions.

I should have said something then but I was paralyzed with fear. I've never been right out confronted about this before and it's been my deepest, darkest secret for my entire life and now it's out in the open. No one has said anything yet and I'm not sure how or even if I want to bring it up. I mean, they're obviously NOT medical diapers, you can look at them and tell that. It's just that my dad is of a generation that's a bit more judgmental of others than today's. I know he doesn't mean anything by it but based on his reactions to gay and trans people and even our neighbor who has a lot of tattoos and piercings, I'm not sure how well the whole "adult baby" thing will go.

Trisy said:
Except there are people here whose parents know and are OK with it, and just let their kids do their own thing and not get involved, which is probably the best anyone could ask for?

I personally would just lie low for a while and see if his father brings it up again. If he doesn't, then I see that as basically saying he doesn't feel it's something he needs to get involved with, and a free pass to just continue on with what he's doing. Seems like a pretty respectful reaction for both parties - son doesn't rub it in his father's face, father doesn't nag son about it.

If that's what comes to pass, why would moving out over this one issue be necessary?

gnd567 said:
I should have said something then but I was paralyzed with fear. I've never been right out confronted about this before and it's been my deepest, darkest secret for my entire life and now it's out in the open. No one has said anything yet and I'm not sure how or even if I want to bring it up. I mean, they're obviously NOT medical diapers, you can look at them and tell that. It's just that my dad is of a generation that's a bit more judgmental of others than today's. I know he doesn't mean anything by it but based on his reactions to gay and trans people and even our neighbor who has a lot of tattoos and piercings, I'm not sure how well the whole "adult baby" thing will go.

Just let the dust settle a little, but if he brings it up again....be honest. That is all....you don't have to chase him around and beg to spill your guts. Just be honest when and if he asks.

Ok...my parents know about my AB/DL side and are cool with it. EVEN WHEN I STILL LIVED WITH THEM. Hiding and being sneaky isn't the solution. The solution is to explain to them what's going on. I'm not saying you have to bring it up. If he mentions it again just be honest.

I will wait till when/if he brings it up and if/when he does, I'll try to be as honest as I can without giving away too much. Probably never heard of such things before and never seen diapers like that before.

Trisy said:

oh honey, and I thought I was one of the most rude members here.

Anyways.. I told my my dad many years ago at like 14-15-ish. Im 28 now, still live in the same household as him and everything is more or less fine. I assume he still doesn't like it/care for it, at least the whole diaper aspect of it. But I change when I need to and I dispose of them outside after I change into underwear or another one. Not every single parent in the world is going to flip shit like you think they will and every single persons situation is different. Sorry if this somehow destroyed your world view on AB/DL or life in general.

- - - Updated - - -

gnd567 said:
I will wait till when/if he brings it up and if/when he does, I'll try to be as honest as I can without giving away too much. Probably never heard of such things before and never seen diapers like that before.

A case of little pawz is pretty expensive. 156 USD and 2 dollars per pair of them. Just don't feel like you need to throw them out and at worst just agree to only wear while your dad/family, etc isn't at home. If at the end of it you can only wear to bed and weekend mornings then your case should last you plenty of time at least. Wearing around parents who know your AB/DL is awkward and it always will be. But there's way to minimize it.

Fire2box said:
A case of little pawz is pretty expensive. 156 USD and 2 dollars per pair of them. Just don't feel like you need to throw them out and at worst just agree to only wear while your dad/family, etc isn't at home. If at the end of it you can only wear to bed and weekend mornings then your case should last you plenty of time at least. Wearing around parents who know your AB/DL is awkward and it always will be. But there's way to minimize it.

I know. It's gonna get awkward. I used to wear around them all the time but now that they know, I just don't know if I can. I don't get much free time to myself either. But I'll find some way to enjoy them I hope. I haven't even looked in the box yet. I can't bring myself to yet. I feel guilty or dirty or something.

Fire2box said:
oh honey, and I thought I was one of the most rude members here.

Anyways.. I told my my dad many years ago at like 14-15-ish. Im 28 now, still live in the same household as him and everything is more or less fine. I assume he still doesn't like it/care for it, at least the whole diaper aspect of it. But I change when I need to and I dispose of them outside after I change into underwear or another one. Not every single parent in the world is going to flip shit like you think they will and every single persons situation is different. Sorry if this somehow destroyed your world view on AB/DL or life in general.

I can see that you are more than qualified to dispense life advice, you're clearly the picture of success.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back