Not open for further replies.

zackiepooh1992

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Sissy
  4. Little
Well I don't wanna give them up now. But when I find a woman that I wanna be with forever I do wanna stop. I feel like when I get into a new relationship the diapers and me being an adult baby I get to far into it and I just want my future queen to love me I don't wanna scare her off with this. But I know this won't be easy is this possible? I'm sure I'm gonna need counseling to help me quit and the support of Adisc

Lol. I read that as, "With the help of Jason, my Crack dealer, I'm gonna quit smoking Crack and finally be able to live like everybody else!"

Dude. Stop fighting it. You are who you are, and this is not something that you can just turn off and walk away. Want proof?

Stick around, read some posts from guys old enough to be your dad (or Grampa!) about how they went about their pursuit of a "normal" life, did the wife and kids thing, and now, suddenly, their desires have caught up with them and their wives are not with it, at all. Regret is a powerful feeling, and, in my opinion, stronger than any guilt you might feel about being an ABDL.

You are young, and you have the opportunity to live your life on your terms and still be happy. Look at it this way - you wanna know how you'll have found the right woman? She'll accept you for who you are, and love you enough to indulge your needs and participate in them as much as she can.

Wanna see what a functional, loving ABDL relationship looks like? Visit my tumblr, roxxyuncensored.tumblr.

It can be done, but it takes time and effort on your part to build it the way you want it, just like anything else.

Whatever you decide, good luck!

Reactions: Trevor
Trisy's right, we're not going to be very good at helping anyone quit. I certainly would have quit in my teens and early 20s if I could. Going long stretches without did nothing to diminish the urges.

The best advice I can give is to be okay with it as soon as you can and pursue relationships with others who will at the very least try to understand, or at best see it as a positive (which it can be). Resistance appears to ultimately be pretty futile and the upside of sharing this with someone understanding is a goal worth striving for.

Ya, I found trying to quit just made me feel bad when I was incapable of doing so. Which also made me depressed and feel like there was something seriously wrong with me. If anything it just made things worse.

Edit: I quit smoking BTW and was a smoker for over 10 years .... and it was loads easier. Just to give you sort of a comparison and to show you I am not weak willed when it comes to fighting urges.

I'd say it depends on how ingrained this is. For many here it's a huge part of who they are, in which case I think you're doing yourself a huge disservice trying to supress it (I'm not even convinced it's possible to do this and be happy). For others this is one of many fetishes it's entirely possible and I think healthy to decide to focus on other things due to circumstances/priorities/etc. And of course most people probably fall somewhere inbetween.

I'd say give it a try for awhile. Don't toss your gear, delete accounts, etc.. just ignore this stuff and focus on other interests for awhile and see how it feels. Honestly I think this is a good thing to do occasionally regardless, because you can get so caught up in one thing you can totally miss out on other things you might also enjoy.

Just remember assuming consenting adults, there's nothing wrong with what you're into. Realistically your interest may collide with your social circle and you have to find a proper balance between being who you are and fitting in/progressing other life goals, but never let yourself feel like your interests are wrong. If this is a serious part of who you are, you may need to persue a relashionship where you can embrace it.

I actually do want to quit sometime in the future as well. I tried to quit for religious purposes, but I ended up just buying more and more diapers. I guess next year when I move in to college will force me out of it (I hope). I hope I do find a woman who is also ABDL and will be more accepting than normal people.

I did quit when I was first married. I was too ashamed to tell my wife about wanting to wear diapers, regression and all that goes with it. For several years this worked, for the most part. There were a few times I had to go into the basement and wet my underwear, but for the most part, I tried to separate myself from the desires.

When the children came, I was so busy between job and family, that I could keep the desires buried, for the most part. But when we moved to where we now live, I suddenly had Fridays off while my wife worked and the kids were in school. The temptation was too great and I've been wearing diapers ever since. It came back with a vengeance.

Everyone is different and as was said, we seem to have different degrees of desire and how we experience AB/DL. You may very well be able to give it up and not feel the extreme urge to wear. Like BoundCoder said, give it a try without giving up the supplies or you ADISC membership. See what happens and how you feel and that should give you some idea.

You also could explain to whomever your spouse will be, your history, and say you want to put it on a very low key level, something you might occasionally do but not obsess over, especially on a regular basis. A number of our members do that because their wives don't approve. There are a number of different workarounds regarding this as a lifestyle.

dogboy said:
I did quit when I was first married. I was too ashamed to tell my wife about wanting to wear diapers, regression and all that goes with it. For several years this worked, for the most part. There were a few times I had to go into the basement and wet my underwear, but for the most part, I tried to separate myself from the desires.

When the children came, I was so busy between job and family, that I could keep the desires buried, for the most part. But when we moved to where we now live, I suddenly had Fridays off while my wife worked and the kids were in school. The temptation was too great and I've been wearing diapers ever since. It came back with a vengeance.

Everyone is different and as was said, we seem to have different degrees of desire and how we experience AB/DL. You may very well be able to give it up and not feel the extreme urge to wear. Like BoundCoder said, give it a try without giving up the supplies or you ADISC membership. See what happens and how you feel and that should give you some idea.

You also could explain to whomever your spouse will be, your history, and say you want to put it on a very low key level, something you might occasionally do but not obsess over, especially on a regular basis. A number of our members do that because their wives don't approve. There are a number of different workarounds regarding this as a lifestyle.

I, believe, a person is always better off just accepting it and letting their significant other know. The reason I say this is because trying to quit can lead to unnecessary circumstances that could occur if you are unable too. It becomes a thing that you begin hiding, which honestly depending on how things are, could cause issues within the relationship. In plus, if you find someone that accepts that part of you, it's better that way.

CelestialMelody23 said:
I actually do want to quit sometime in the future as well. I tried to quit for religious purposes, but I ended up just buying more and more diapers. I guess next year when I move in to college will force me out of it (I hope). I hope I do find a woman who is also ABDL and will be more accepting than normal people.

So wait, what? You want to quit, but you hope to find an ABDL girlfriend?

You can go East or you can go West, but not both at the same time - pick a direction and follow it where it takes you.

My experience is this: If you're trying to reject, so it'll not work. I revelasted my secret to my ex and... it was one of items to cook our break-up. You've two options: Hiding and enjoy from time to time in secret (very recomended,) or come out (very high risk.)

High Risk, High Reward.

I went on lots of dates, and despite my admissions, and even my attitude, it still went my way. There are now at least fifty other women, whom are practically strangers, in my area, who know what I'm into because I told them, on the first date.

Eventually, you know what happened? I met a Keeper.

There are too many people in the world to think you're only gonna find one who can love you, but you have to change or hide or suppress something so important in order to keep their love.

To the OP:

Trust me: marrying will not suddenly make you vanilla. You will always have these feelings even if you suppress them for years.

I had gone close to a decade without them, and then boom! It's a good thing I learned that before marriage and my wife is accepting. I feel confident that you will meet someone who will accept you, just tell be up front with her.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back