Developing allergies?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wiles

Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
It seems like I have developed an allergy to an ingredient in only some diapers. I never used to have this problem and it has just seemed to start out of nowhere, so I'm wondering if anyone else has the same issues?
I have discovered that only certain brands of diapers are giving me a rash of swollen red blotches that start quite quickly after I put one on, and go away within a few days but is super itchy and kind of sore.
So far I have discovered that this happens with snuggies overnights and the new ABU SDKs :(, but interestingly doesn't happen with the ABU space/simple/little pawz.
Anyone know why this is happening??

Wiles said:
It seems like I have developed an allergy to an ingredient in only some diapers. I never used to have this problem and it has just seemed to start out of nowhere, so I'm wondering if anyone else has the same issues?
I have discovered that only certain brands of diapers are giving me a rash of swollen red blotches that start quite quickly after I put one on, and go away within a few days but is super itchy and kind of sore.
So far I have discovered that this happens with snuggies overnights and the new ABU SDKs :(, but interestingly doesn't happen with the ABU space/simple/little pawz.

I wear mostly cloth but I wonder if the diapers that are giving you problems have latex? One can develop an allergy to over exposure of latex. It happens to nurses and doctors all the time.

I can assure you that exactly ZERO of the top ABDL diaper brands contain latex. Taking it a bit further, exactly ZERO disposable diapers contain or even come in contact with latex during the manufacturing and distribution processs before they end up at their respective changing tables.

Allergies can come and go. What you were allergic to years ago, you may no longer be and the opposite is also true, you can develop an allergy to a substance that for years didn't bother you.

As to what caused your reaction? You just have to investigate. Besides that diapers - is there anything else that has changed? Good luck in finding what the cause is.

Thanks for all the input! nothing else has changed, and seems to have appeared out of nowhere.... hope it goes away some day!

I have suspected I have a similar problem as I get sore if I wear dry diapers. Wetting them seems to neutralise what ever is causing the problem

Wiles said:
Do you get them in your diaper area or in other body parts? Like legs or arms?

I asked this because some months ago i started to feel itchy and having my skin turn red and with tiny bumps in some parts of my body without no apparent reason, it started in my legs but it was spreading up my body, also it would disappear rather quickly after the itchness and redness had started, like an hour or less. But it kept appearing. I got rid of it by chance and luck. A couple of weeks ago i started using coconut oil in my hair and by contact also in my hands and other parts of my body, immediatly after that it stopped.

Zendot said:
Do you get them in your diaper area or in other body parts? Like legs or arms?

I asked this because some months ago i started to feel itchy and having my skin turn red and with tiny bumps in some parts of my body without no apparent reason, it started in my legs but it was spreading up my body, also it would disappear rather quickly after the itchness and redness had started, like an hour or less. But it kept appearing. I got rid of it by chance and luck. A couple of weeks ago i started using coconut oil in my hair and by contact also in my hands and other parts of my body, immediatly after that it stopped.

no it's definitely just diaper area, mostly down sides or following the leg gathers. Doesn't spread, and only with certain brands.

Wiles said:
no it's definitely just diaper area, mostly down sides or following the leg gathers. Doesn't spread, and only with certain brands.

Are you sure it's just not chafing of some sort? Maybe some friction going on with the skin using certain diapers? I know you said it happens soon after putting one on, and chafing can occur fairly fast, though I suppose it depends on what you mean by soon. I can get chafing within 30 minutes of walking sometimes.

That's why my sister can't wear plastic backed. When she does, she gets sores exactly where you describe. It's similar to her typical latex reaction, but not exactly the same. It just occurred to me that it may be the ink, as typically, in a clothlike backed, ink gets put on the plastic undersheet, and the soft sheet is placed on top of that. So maybe with plastic backed, nothing shields her from it? It's a guess, anyway. Just stay away from bothersome brands, and understand that bodies can be very unusual things. It's okay to be allergic to weird stuff. It's not your fault.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back